2013 V8 Tipping Competition

miveson

Cool... Should be interesting...

Turns out the IE issue is not an issue - anyways, if anyone can't enter tips for whatever reason let me know.

Anyone who still wants to enter the competition simply send me a PM with your email address.

Plenty of cars up for grabs for those who can reach the top of the ladder by November. :ph34r:

funnily enough Mark, I sitll use IE for a lot of things.

some commercial banking software won't run on FF, they told me to go back to IE.

Also, for the average consumer/user, trying to make any other browser's appearance the same as the familiar, and some other things work properly under cookies is so much of a pain its not worth it.

Then you bring in WIn8, and the pear goes snake shaped. Once again, highly secure banking software - they are unable to tell me when this all might work right under WIN8, "some people report some issues" [i report 100% failure].

Then there is the attempt to migrate bookmarks from IE to FF under Win8 - grabs a few directories, the first couple of hundred, won't do the rest, even though migrating them worked perfectly well under WIN7 I might just butcher it all directly and clone the files off the last laptop for that one.

Then you have the swines at MYOB accounting who specifically "lock" each software version, so that when you go to a new PC with any operating system that wasn't in circulation when you bought your previous version - - it doesn't work, so you have to buy an upgrade which consists of the same software and a couple of faults fixed (bugfixes) that never bothered you, and that you didn't need.

AAAAANND the other software you don't want to replace, that you bought online, and can't move, AAAAAND the ones you can, but they don't work properly under the new OS, or have registry errors popping up on the new PC all the time.

Then try migrating your security licenses . . . . .

Software, a more efficient rort than insurances and taxes.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I try to clone new PCs using the migrate files and settings, but it only does about 90% and you still have to manually install all software, then fix all the other crap it didn't do properly.

Our current home basket is 5 laptops, a netbook, a smart phone and 2 old desktops, one of which runs the slot stuff....

Drives me nuts. I don't know how less experienced and savvy users even survive.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

40 tipsy tipsters....

Steven Johnson is not driving this year and i've updated the drivers list to reflect the change - anyone who had previously tipped Steven Johnson will now automatically be allocated Jonny Reid.

Hopefully there are no more last minute changes to drivers/teams.

Tipping statistics are looking good, close to 85% of those that registered interest have logged in, 72% have tipped R0 and R1 to date.

In reality it means of those that have logged in only 5 have yet to enter tips.

I'm over emailing tipsters so if you've failed to miss the emails and reminders here you have no hope.

It's going to be a tough competition this year and hopefully less predictable than the Vodafone/FPR dominance last year - I'm sure a couple of teams will dominate early on but as the season progresses things should change.

Best of luck all and sundry.

Tipping statistics are looking good, close to 85% of those that registered interest have logged in, 72% have tipped R0 and R1 to date.

In reality it means of those that have logged in only 5 have yet to enter tips.

I'm over emailing tipsters so if you've failed to miss the emails and reminders here you have no hope.

It's going to be a tough competition this year and hopefully less predictable than the Vodafone/FPR dominance last year - I'm sure a couple of teams will dominate early on but as the season progresses things should change.

Best of luck all and sundry.

Hi all,

As Miveson has mentioned, "dont forget your tips". The Scalextric XB falcon is going to be a lucky prize for just entering in every round. So you dont even need to know anything about the V8 Supercars to have a chance at winning this model,you just need to get your tips in...........

Clevo

Resized to 83% (was 1006 x 146) - Click image to enlarge

As I said earlier... It's mine... lol.

This could be quite interesting...

I haven't actively followed touring cars in a very long time...

Hey Mark,

When does Tipping close for each round? On your email it says Midnight Friday, on the tipping website it was indicating Midnight tonight (Thursday..

To be on the safe side I put in some 'wild stabs in the dark', but.....

Cheers,

Tony.

There's only two questions:

1. What direction do you go

2. What's the Lap Record?

It is indeed tonight at midnight as Friday has 2 practice sessions and then a top 10 shootout. My theory is to close a round before any practice/qualifying has taken place as this might provide an advantage to some who may have access to practice information that others cannot source.

Apologies that the reminder notice had the incorrect date being Friday - I'm only human.

I couldn't make it any clearer about when the round closed the date/time is on the website and is the date used for the countdown clock.

Edited by miveson

Ok, thanks Mark!

The tipping system you've come up with is very cool - wasn't there some 'professional' mob called Ozsomething that could learn a thing or 15 from your efforts....

I feel much better about my stabs now..... (maybe....)

Cheers,

Tony.

There's only two questions:

1. What direction do you go

2. What's the Lap Record?