There'S Something Growing In My Shed

lenny broke

Couldn't stand that Tui muck so got put off the idea. :wacko:

ya silly beggar, we've got about 500 brews available. But even Tui is better than those things named after their label warnings.

XXXX

Victoria bitter

We're still accepting refugees.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Yeah I know, you won't get an argument from me about those two. Cloudy but fine for me thanks.

I did get a taste for Speight's Gold Medal.

XXXX, cos' they don't know how to spell beer

VB = Visitor's Beer, what you serve when people you don't like drop in.

Getting back on topic, I'll be getting stuck in again after the Scale Nats this weekend.

Edited by lenny broke

• 2 months later...

Well here it is at the end of the construction phase with all the fences fitted and a couple of minor revisions the last pic is showing how I will store the track pieces when not set up.

IMG_1106_zpsusdz8kbe.jpg

IMG_1110_zpsuazqagm0.jpg

IMG_1109_zpsjxjuniat.jpg

IMG_1111_zpsfvcyr9gz.jpg

Now just the paint, braid and wiring up to do, simples!!!

Edited by lenny broke

Hi John

I haven't really timed it yet but I figure a bit over an hour to put up and about the same to dismantle. I'm sure as I do it more often I'll refine the process and get quicker.

I'm only planning on running monthly at present so not a big commitment of time.

Alan

just build a carport then the cars will have no need to return to the shed :)

Had enough trouble getting the one we have approved Ian, let alone adding another.

That track shouts commitment to slotcars.....excellent work, sir.

Thanks John, The wife would call it obsession

Sweet looking track, is assembly a one man operation?

Hi Digby, yes I can do on my own, the hardest parts are moving the big 180 into position and getting the bridge 180 into place the rest is just running up the bolts with a nut runner or battery drill and getting all the joins and slots lined up and level

Edited by lenny broke

Nice work Al.

Patience and perfection , as one would expect from yourself.

Thanks Paul,

Dunno about that, my high school woodwork teacher once described me in a term report as "slow but methodical" I think that still holds true today.

Cheers Alan

ps I've got your Tasman car here. I'll drop it off at the workshop today or tomorrow

if that suits.

• 2 weeks later...

An excellent looking track. It looks like it will be fast and flowing, with some more technical sections so it won't become too easy to drive! I read that you used 12mm MDF. What did you use for the track edging? Is that thinner MDF or ply & how thick? I'm looking forward to seeing more progress.

WoodSlot.

An excellent looking track. It looks like it will be fast and flowing, with some more technical sections so it won't become too easy to drive! I read that you used 12mm MDF. What did you use for the track edging? Is that thinner MDF or ply & how thick? I'm looking forward to seeing more progress.

WoodSlot.

G'Day Woody??

Thanks for the comments, yeah I think it will be interesting to get a handle on it. the dog leg and hairpin will be the key to a good lap time I think.

I've used 6 mm MDF for the fences.

Cheers

Alan

• Upvote 1

G'Day

Well the painting is mostly done now, and yes Virginia it's a gloss surface, not what i intended but somehow i ended up with some shiny paint.I decided to stick with it anyway.

The surface is a Wattyl oil based paving paint. The outer faces of the fence is done with some heritage red exterior I had left over and the inner some water based white low sheen enamel

Now just some detailing to do, then onto the braiding and wiring everything up.

IMG_1122_zpsufhhfmyr.jpg

IMG_1123_zpskc7fnqwj.jpg

Cheers Alan

Edited by lenny broke

Been watching your progress with great interest Lenny and can i say what a great job you have done , have seen many tracks in construction and finished and yours is of the highest order would love to run a couple of my Chargers on there trouble is the fares a bit much to do it, power to youir elbow mate . :)