Round 6 Ozrally 2012/13

gazza

The cars have now been delivered to Gazza's for round 6.

Confirming that the cars have arrived, and have survived the long journey from Mel's to my place

Tuesdays a quiet day, i might see about running it then if i can get a couple of helpers

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear you are having a cast of 1000's staying. BigW doesn't have any air beds left

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

OK. So. We'll assume that Dave is the first one and then just pick numbers at random to fill in the rest of the field.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

I should be 228.155

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

The numbers are still struggling their way around the stage.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

OzRally-2012-plain-plate.pngOzRally-2012-plain-plate.png

LayoutOzrally2012.jpg

Round 6 Stage one has been run and won

First of all, i have to echo the praising of quality of the field in this years event, as seen by the teaser results, the overall times so far are very close and the top spots are open to anyone.

A few issues with ground clearance and guides as well as a couple of belt problems bought a few undone

Slo1quick's car had the most problem with ground clearance

DSC06485.jpg

The car generally runs well, and would be in the top 10 if it wasn't for the thing scraping all around the track, as per the photo, all wheels are off the deck on just one of the hump sections

The decision to run a standard front end (guide) has cost Alexis any chance of climbing the ladder, with the guide fixed any bump (and there's a shite load) bounces the car out of the slot, there is also a problem with clearance, but a sprung guide would have made it a much better package.

A couple of cars also had issues with the 4 wheel drive belts, both Teamred's and Rsclio's belts both jammed during there heats and both cars ground to a halt.

DSC06292.jpg

The right guide wire "jams" itself under the belt wheel causing the front axle to stop and the belt to spin off, i have since "crossed" the guide wires so there is no contact

DSC06294.jpg

The decision was made to fix both cars and restart the stage

Here's some of the action of stage 1

DSC06638.jpg

DSC06820.jpg

DSC06832.jpg

Crowd support ....

DSC06860.jpg

DSC06706.jpg

DSC06859.jpg

DSC06877.jpg

DSC06825.jpg

DSC06813.jpg

DSC06789.jpg

DSC06764.jpg

DSC06794.jpg

Kiwi's, you can always pick them .....

DSC06939.jpg

Viv's decision not to go before the stage, was to cost him dearly

DSC06693.jpg

Stage 1 Results

Round6Stage12.jpg

Both Lenny and Rokrmat broke the the proxy lap record, held by Jazzbell, during their run

The second and final stage will be run tomorrow, with results up Monday

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Thanks for putting us out of our misery. Better result than I expected. Here is hoping for Stage 2.

By the way both us Kiwi's hail from the Westcoast - one from each island. Cannot speak for Branco but Taranaki is definitely dairy country though.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Oooh...22nd. His Lordship will be pleased. And Miveson score the 11th place 222.841 that I'd pegged as mine. Ah well... 15th will do. It'll have to.

Great pics as always Gazza.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg