jimmyslots 1950

Jimmyslots Slot Builds

This thread is a great read culminating with the shot of the track filled with cars...impressive stuff.

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

There are several possible explanations for this problem -

1. Dementia, internet access and a credit card are a bad combination

2. There really is nothing to do in Dapto

3. Overcompensating for not getting a toy car as a child (did they have cars when Jim was a child?)

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

There are several possible explanations for this problem -

1. Dementia, internet access and a credit card are a bad combination

2. There really is nothing to do in Dapto

3. Overcompensating for not getting a toy car as a child (did they have cars when Jim was a child?)

All of the above Gary + He who dies with the most toys wins :D :D :D

Cheers jimmy :D

To finsh first,first you gotta finish

Just finished another car to add to my collection,it's a Resiliant Resin 1/24th scale W196R Mercedes Benz Streamliner that I picked up on the Bay a couple of years ago.

I've used a MJK short drop arm Chassis with a Plafit fox 2 donk.

Rear tyres are Jel grips from the States that work really well on my Ferrodore track & of course my home made wheels to finish off a beautifull famous classic car from yester year.

Here's some pics,hope you like them.

DSC04571_zpsb403bad1.jpg

DSC04565_zpsdb934d35.jpg

DSC04559_zps12fc14d3.jpg

DSC04558_zpse947cd4a.jpg

And now for my next project :rolleyes:

Cheers Jimmy :D

As the late Prof Fate was known to say " They're all Doomed!!!"

btw, nice build Jim.

I have a 1/32 resin body shell of that car by Munter in the to do list. I'm thinking of putting a strombekker scuttler under it.

Cheers

Alan

Cleared a couple of cars from the to do list this week with the first one a Tamiya Lotus 40 to add to my Tamiya vintage collection.

Chassis is a MJK short dogbone,Plafit Fox 2 donk,home made interiour using a lot of left over kit bits & of course my own wheels using the kit inserts to keep it as origional as possible.

Car is beautiful to drive & quick enough to have a bit of fun without being a pig.

I don't usually do Green cars as I have a superstition of Green race cars being unlucky,but it was a no brainer to do a Lotus 40 in Brittish Racing Green & with the Yellow wheels looks sensational goiing around the track.

Hope you like the best of Brittish.

DSC04648_zps418bd4ed.jpg

DSC04658_zps99a9725b.jpg

DSC04654_zps997967ec.jpg

The second car is Plafit 1700c Chassis with a Sunset Porche 917 K Lexan body

We race these cars at Dapto on Thursday nights & after building my very very quick Lola it was put in storage for the next APC,but I knew I could do another one & do a much better job with the body.The decals were taken from a Testors 917 Porsche kit that I picked up on the Bay for the right price but unfortunately the body was warped & usless for a slot car,Decals were put on the inside & sealed with Tamiya clear before the colour coat was applied,only stuffed up a couple of decals but fudged my way out without doing too much damage but one big one went on & woulden't slide so I surrendered as sometimes you can make things much worse by getting too fussy.

Car is quicker than my Lola at home but only by 2 thousandths of a second & can't wait to ring it's neck at Dapto on Thursday night.

DSC04659_zps0bc97c0a.jpg

DSC04660_zpse23b0ca7.jpg

DSC04662_zps53eddb4d.jpg

DSC04665_zps21fdb58a.jpg

Hi Steve

I think that expression on his face was 2 seconds before the Mac truck hit him,don't know where his nose went,looks like the end result of a face plant at 150 klicks,don't know weather to give him Botox or Bog :D

Cleared a couple of cars from the to do list this week with the first one a Tamiya Lotus 40 to add to my Tamiya vintage collection.

Chassis is a MJK short dogbone,Plafit Fox 2 donk,home made interiour using a lot of left over kit bits & of course my own wheels using the kit inserts to keep it as origional as possible.

Car is beautiful to drive & quick enough to have a bit of fun without being a pig.

I don't usually do Green cars as I have a superstition of Green race cars being unlucky,but it was a no brainer to do a Lotus 40 in Brittish Racing Green & with the Yellow wheels looks sensational goiing around the track.

Hope you like the best of Brittish.

DSC04648_zps418bd4ed.jpg

DSC04658_zps99a9725b.jpg

DSC04654_zps997967ec.jpg

The second car is Plafit 1700c Chassis with a Sunset Porche 917 K Lexan body

We race these cars at Dapto on Thursday nights & after building my very very quick Lola it was put in storage for the next APC,but I knew I could do another one & do a much better job with the body.The decals were taken from a Testors 917 Porsche kit that I picked up on the Bay for the right price but unfortunately the body was warped & usless for a slot car,Decals were put on the inside & sealed with Tamiya clear before the colour coat was applied,only stuffed up a couple of decals but fudged my way out without doing too much damage but one big one went on & woulden't slide so I surrendered as sometimes you can make things much worse by getting too fussy.

Car is quicker than my Lola at home but only by 2 thousandths of a second & can't wait to ring it's neck at Dapto on Thursday night.

DSC04659_zps0bc97c0a.jpg

DSC04660_zpse23b0ca7.jpg

DSC04662_zps53eddb4d.jpg

DSC04665_zps21fdb58a.jpg

great looking Porsche jimmy the k was always my favourite 917. That lexan wing at the back wont be legal for APC though.

Last one for the year & this car jumped the que but seeing it only needed a re-paint in a color more ballsy to suit the body & a set of Jims Rims Mk1 to finish it off.

Used a Plafit Red Devil 3300 chassis that is ideal for this type of project with an unlimited amount of chassis adjustments.

Paint is Tamiya Bright Orange with Pearl Clear over the top to give metalic effect,car is very smooth as all Plafits are and is a pleasure too drive.

I don't think this Scalextric Camaro kit is the one Werner was refering to in the Plafit Div 2 homologation list

Here's some pics

DSC04697_zps9261caa3.jpg

DSC04698_zps6b1542ca.jpg

DSC04707_zps8df0a09b.jpg

With Big Brother

DSC04708_zps04f93120.jpg

DSC04709_zpsec80b03a.jpg

As Brocky used to say Makes you want to put your hand in your pocket & give it a yank! :blink:

DSC04711_zps668236c1.jpg

Hi Mopar

The body was a Hornby white kit that I picked up from the Chair,all parts are exactly the same as the Scalextric body,even the tyres.Flares are my interpertation as well as the wheels.

I origionally painted it a couple of years ago,but hated it ,& was parked for a while until one day,when looking for something to interest me it seemed an easy fix as the colour was yuk & Orange is such a balsy look that I knew would suit the Camaro.

Best part is how nice it is to drive,with the Plafit chassis just a delight to drive & multi adjustable for any scratch build.