Jimmyslots Slot Builds

jimmyslots 1950

Here's a car I've built for Plucka,it's a bit different to the norm,I've used Scaleauto 21mm wheels & tyres [the ones almost everyone throws away].

Cheers Jimmy :D

Hi Jimmie,

Not a Nascar fan myself, buy still an admirer of good workmanship - they look good and when they quite too, no doubt they'll be fast.

Just a thought on your 'throw away wheel' thing. I start running mine on the Scale Auto GT 's and normally end up pulling them off at around 27.0mm, then I put them on my LMP and use them down to 26.5mm. After this they go to my Modern GT and from there to my Lexan Grp C at around 26.0mm. I then re true them for my BMW M1 at 25.0mm, then my Mini Z Grp C at 24mm.........after which I too, throw them away.

Cheers,

Jan

'The older I get the faster I was.'

Here's a car I've built for Plucka,it's a bit different to the norm,I've used Scaleauto 21mm wheels & tyres [the ones almost everyone throws away].

Hi Jimmie,

Not a Nascar fan myself, buy still an admirer of good workmanship - they look good and when they quite too, no doubt they'll be fast.

Just a thought on your 'throw away wheel' thing. I start running mine on the Scale Auto GT 's and normally end up pulling them off at around 27.0mm, then I put them on my LMP and use them down to 26.5mm. After this they go to my Modern GT and from there to my Lexan Grp C at around 26.0mm. I then re true them for my BMW M1 at 25.0mm, then my Mini Z Grp C at 24mm.........after which I too, throw them away.

Cheers,

Jan

Jan these are the original wheels that come with the car,not the foam aftermarket ones.

I try to leave my cars as origanal as possible & only replace what is necessary & always put discarded parts in storage as one day they will be usefull for something. :rolleyes:

To finsh first,first you gotta finish

Jan these are the original wheels that come with the car,not the foam aftermarket ones.

I try to leave my cars as origanal as possible & only replace what is necessary & always put discarded parts in storage as one day they will be usefull for something. :rolleyes:

...got you, do you want some more to store?

Cheers,

Jan

'The older I get the faster I was.'

• 4 years later...

Finished another vintage 1/24th scale Ferrari 275 to add to my collection

Body is Monogramme with a few mods,a very mild wild child with some home made flares & dinky windscreen.DSCN2164.jpg

Tamiya Porsche

DSCN2174.jpg

Merc

DSCN2165.jpg

McLaren

DSCN2167.jpgimage host

Lotus 30

DSCN2168.jpg

Lola

DSCN2169.jpg

Lotus 40

DSCN2161.jpg

And finally the group

DSCN2177.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

Finally got around to posting some pics of my NSR F1,coulden't wait for the factory Marlboro livery so got some of Patto;s peel & stick decals & painted my own.

DSCN3171.jpg

DSCN3178.jpgimages to upload

DSCN3181.jpg

Car is sensational & is very close to set up straight out of the box,just needed a few tweaks:D.

Cheers Jimmy

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Finished another of my 1/32nd cars that was on my work bench,this one is a Sideways BMW M6 white kit from Armchair.

It's over in Canada at the moment waiting for the GT3 Proxy 2021 to start next week.

I've gone for another Plafit 3300 chassis as my previous cars have been fairly successfull,this one has a couple of my newer mods which I was dying to try out.

Chassis are free of choice so it was fun to put my own mods on an already great chassis system.

The last test session before it was shipped to Canada was a good hit out with the car very easy to drive & faster than last years BMW Z4 & the previous years BMW M1 Group5.

Here's the Chassis with the main difference being the Blue T plate & the 3/32 bearing blocks making the front end much simpler.

DSCN3288.jpg

Bimmer on the test track

DSCN3304.jpg

With lap time

DSCN3297.jpg

Here's a group pic with my previous years cars & their test mules in the back row

DSCN3296.jpg

Cars are going to be on you tube tonight being un boxed,if I can I will post the link.

Cheers Jimmy:D

PS Wait to you see my next repaint of a Slot it McLaren:D 

My Slot it McLaren M8D has been on my mind for a couple of years now ever since I did this livery for my Plafit 1/24th Can-Am.

The Slot it turned out way better than I expected & has made me re-think on the colour for my Plafit & maybe a repaint will happen down the track.

Lately I've tried  the Bunnings Squirts as a replacement for my usual Tamiya rattle cans as was suggested by some one on this forum,more than happy with the results at more than 1/2 the price of Tamiya & twice as much paint is music to a pensioners hip pocket:D 

My main aim was to change the livery so I wasn't too interested in converting a M8D into a M8E,6 months ago when i was planning the build i was going to fill in the bottom of the side skirts to make it more slab sided & more like a M8E but decided the leave it alone,either way it looks sensational. After filing the origional wing down to replicate the M8E I was lucky to stop where I did as I broke through on the left rear guard,just a small hole that I can live with.

Here's what I started with.

DSCN3312.jpg.

Here's the Vic Elford livery

DSCN3331.jpghost online image

DSCN3342.jpg.

Slot it 1/32 with Plafit 1/24th big brother.

DSCN3348.jpg.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2020 at 8:43 PM, jimmyslots 1950 said:

Finished another of my 1/32nd cars that was on my work bench,this one is a Sideways BMW M6 white kit from Armchair.

It's over in Canada at the moment waiting for the GT3 Proxy 2021 to start next week.

I've gone for another Plafit 3300 chassis as my previous cars have been fairly successfull,this one has a couple of my newer mods which I was dying to try out.

Chassis are free of choice so it was fun to put my own mods on an already great chassis system.

The last test session before it was shipped to Canada was a good hit out with the car very easy to drive & faster than last years BMW Z4 & the previous years BMW M1 Group5.

Here's the Chassis with the main difference being the Blue T plate & the 3/32 bearing blocks making the front end much simpler.

DSCN3288.jpg

Bimmer on the test track

DSCN3304.jpg

With lap time

DSCN3297.jpg

Here's a group pic with my previous years cars & their test mules in the back row

DSCN3296.jpg

Cars are going to be on you tube tonight being un boxed,if I can I will post the link.

PS Wait to you see my next repaint of a Slot it McLaren:D 

Jimmy, what’s the difference between your T plate and the factory T plate,  other than the color and shape.  What were your results from the change?   Good luck in the GT3 proxy.   

5 hours ago, Brumos RSR said:

Jimmy, what’s the difference between your T plate and the factory T plate,  other than the color and shape.  What were your results from the change?   Good luck in the GT3 proxy.   

Hi Tony

I've used the Blue T plate in this build as it is much simpler & easier to get the allignment right.

The Blue T plate is off a Plafit 1700C chassis we use for our 1/24th Can-Ams & in my opinion are the easiest chassis to set up,the bearing blocks are from the rear end & these ones were off a 3/32nd chassis,only used 3/32 axels in my attempt to save weight,only a couple of grams which was negated with the M6 body coming in 6 gms heavier than last years Z4.

Currently working on my entry for the Slot it Porsche Proxy for next year & using another Plafit,the maximum weight for this class is 96 gms & my runner is 90gms so watch for a light GT3 next year.

Here's a 1700C chassis with Blue T 

1700-C.jpg

Had to modify slightly to fit 3/32 chasis but wasn't much work.

Here;s the standard 3300 chassis 

3300.jpg

• 3 months later...

Here's my entry for the  Home Racing World 2021 World Championship Proxy in the USA & Canada using a Slot it Porsche body & any Chassis.

I'm using a Plafit Chassis in this case a Red Devil which has the Aluminium base plate which is much lighter than the standard brass one that comes with the 3300.

Total weight for this car comes in at 93.8 gms & is by far my lightest Plafit chassied car & if it performs as well as it's testing will give me great feedback for 2022 GT3  that I'm currently building.

DSCN3455.jpg

DSCN3479.jpg

DSCN3447.jpg

DSCN3482.jpggeneral fitness goals

Edited by jimmyslots 1950
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, jimmyslots 1950 said:

Here's my entry for the  Home Racing World 2021 World Championship Proxy in the USA & Canada using a Slot it Porsche body & any Chassis.

I'm using a Plafit Chassis in this case a Red Devil which has the Aluminium base plate which is much lighter than the standard brass one that comes with the 3300.

Total weight for this car comes in at 93.8 gms & is by far my lightest Plafit chassied car & if it performs as well as it's testing will give me great feedback for 2022 GT3  that I'm currently building.

DSCN3455.jpg

DSCN3479.jpg

DSCN3447.jpg

DSCN3482.jpggeneral fitness goals

Nice job. Just noticed your profile says Tullimbar. I’m in Calderwood just across the road. 

Hi Tony

Had to loose some weight to make it legal so made my own body mounts,in the process it came to me to make the main base plate carbon fibre for my 2022 GT3 saving 20gms which I think has been my down fall in previous Proxy's. Might be wrong but so close to the big dogs I need to try something different & I think light weight is the only thing I haven't tried. So watch out for a very light weight GT3 next year,testing yesterday with carbon base plate came  in faster than my M6.

Love the challenge that Proxy's throw at you,makes you test your self to build the ultimate slot car & if you don't succeed it was fun trying anyway.

An old mate rang me the other day to ask for advice on a slot car repair & when he asked me what I was doing I tried to explain what Proxy's were &  I suddenly realised how hard it is to make a slot car to go fast on 10 different tracks that you haven't even seen before,now thats a challenge.

Wiin lose or draw I don't care as long as strangers enjoy driving my cars I consider myself a winner.:D

• Like 2