Tasman Cup 2013 Rules, Schedule And Constructors Guidelines

Stubbo

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ta Phil. Was only having you all on. Appreciate you following up.

Looking forward to another proxy event and hopefully close tussle. In Aussie speak Oz Rally was a bonza.

On reflection my car is a bit of everything with early model filling caps, probably pre rollbar, bit of Tasman plus perhaps a bit of Kiwi.

Have had no more thought of building Mayer car as could not get any more 15" wheels at time but do have a partly built Lotus 21 which is a bit tempting.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

Thanks for offer Phil but I will stick to Lotus 21 if I proceed any further. Latter has 13" wheels as far as I am aware which is why I chose to proceed in that direction.

Really only started to try other ideas I had on construction after building No. 47.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

• 2 weeks later...

So far I have received entry fees from

Me

Slo1quick

mmmoose1

Mike Akers

miveson

Charlesx

Old23

Biedmatt

Ferrari1950

Chenglaw

Phil Kalbfell

Phils Grandkids

Haystack

Alexis

RIR

Lenny Broke

rsclio

Terry

MNewns

By my reckoning the following troops have entered but we are still waiting for your entry fee.

mannimal (pm noted)

SlotsNZ

Bigskybanker

Mrollingthunder

GT6

If you have paid and I have missed your name or payment please let me know.

Cheers

Edited by Stubbo

Alan Stubbings

ahem. slack kiwi dragging the chain. Will get onto entry fee today. Been a bit crocked, so unable to work on car, which had front track too wide last year, and a myriad of other things to do. But have smacked myself around the chops this morning, and have it half re-assembled on the work bench. About to check clearance and diameter rules, re-true new fronts, and then ready to assemble and just have to do new inserts and fit. Should have in post over the weekend.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

ahem. slack kiwi dragging the chain. Will get onto entry fee today. Been a bit crocked, so unable to work on car, which had front track too wide last year, and a myriad of other things to do. But have smacked myself around the chops this morning, and have it half re-assembled on the work bench. About to check clearance and diameter rules, re-true new fronts, and then ready to assemble and just have to do new inserts and fit. Should have in post over the weekend.

I think I'll have to come over and knock you Kiwi's into shape.

Alan Stubbings

Brilliant idea Alan. Why not come about the end of April, you could watch the AFL game they're playing in Wellie-wood, then toodle up to the bay for a few days - bring your wife too, she'll love the pinots.... car is done...... just finished

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Brilliant idea Alan. Why not come about the end of April, you could watch the AFL game they're playing in Wellie-wood, then toodle up to the bay for a few days - bring your wife too, she'll love the pinots.... car is done...... just finished

Not a bad idea. Maybe I will.

Alan Stubbings

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Alan. My second entry (Lotus 18/21) should be there about end of week. Real rush as I had to post before I left for Perth. Paid entry as well so you should have received about 12/3. Please advise when car arrives and that entry received. Latter paid via Paypal.

As I said in personal message, in hurry I forgot to put my name on bottom. Would you please add "Billx". Also in my rush I did not get around to providing other details.

Basics are as follows but please advise if you need anything else. If you get chance may pay to check car goes OK as it has never turned wheel on track. Here is hoping.

Brief car details:

Car number 5 as agreed

Car make and model. Lotus 18/21 hybrid as raced by Stirling Moss at 1961 German GP except for change of number from 7 to 5.

Body - Based on Scalextric plastic Formula Junior Lotus 20 but re-built from behind front wheels with styrene sheet and resin.

Chassis type. Hand made brass with BWA motor mount and Slot-it guide.

Suspension - hand made brass or copper.

Motor - MRRC slim-line from list of eligible motors.

Wheels - BWA

Tyres - Paul Gage

Axles - Slot-it.

Gears - MRRC 8T pinion and 25T slot-it contrate.

Driver/head/steering wheel/mirrors/windscreen and wheel inserts - Dart Hobbies (body modified to fit around motor).

Carb intakes - Slot-it guide grommets.

Wiring - Professor Motor silicone wire with Slot-it grommets.

Regards

Charles Le Breton

Green Acres Slot Racing Group

New Plymouth, New Zealand

• 2 weeks later...

small_zps44882a6a.jpg

This wasn't my intended Tasman car,I had grand plans of building the Scuderia Veloce BT4 driven by Spencer Martin,however these plans went a little south and I reverted back to this car which was my back up for the 2012 VRAA.

So my car details are;

Ferrari 158 body by Tassie Resins

Chassis; Brass?Brass Rod/Wire

Motor; SRP1090

Gears; SRP pinion SlotIt offset crown ratio 9:24

Guide; SlotIt sich10

SCC braid and lead wire

Wheels BWA

Tyres; Rears Paul Gage Front Ninco (???)

Pattos Decals

Weight 60 grams

Heres" hoping that the traction issue which plagued my Honda during the VRAA have been improved upon,testing here was okay,but I'm never going to say much more than that as Proxy racing is a leap into the unknown,but I have enjoyed the build and rather than wait till the last week to ready myself I'm starting on next years car shortly.

I have had some communication from above and I have the BT4 here ready to be built.

I cannot close off without mentioning the excellent help offered by both Stubbo and SLO1 Quick(Alan and Stu) its been very heartening to have these 2 as our race directors,many thanks to both of you for your support,those shocks are so good!

c11855c7-e93e-4bc4-b876-aa01a66324e5_zps8740708b.jpg

Terry

Edited by terry

Well I was hoping to post off my car this morning after frantically trying to finish the multitude of jobs that I had left to do before the car left. Trim axle / glue tyres / add wheel inserts / add roll bar / exhaust etc.

In my rush to get everything sorted I got glue everywhere and bollocked the paint job a fair bit and then somehow the springs dislodged from the solder so no chance of getting it finished last night, however tonight I finally said enough is enough and vola.

Tasman6.jpg

Lotus 18 body & chassis by Penelope Pitlane

Motor; SRP1090

Gears; Dart Hobbies pinion SlotIt inline ratio 9:24

Guide; ScaleAuto

Slot.it Briaid & Scalextric lead wire

Wheels/Tyres: Dart Hobbies

Stubbo Decals

Anyways, it'll be in the post tomorrow express so hopefully it will arrive before the deadline.

If it comes 23rd I'll be extremely happy.

Good to see you got the car finished and ready to send off Mark.

Hopefully we can get together for any future proxy builds and see if we can get some good building ideas sorted between the two of us,you know,2 heads are better than 1,

Good luck in this one,

Terry

My effort is so amateur compared to others :)

I'm stunned by the effort that these models require - don't get me wrong, it's well worth it and very, very satisfying. It's the thing I'm enjoying most about the hobby at the moment.... the plan for later in the year is to actually build a brass chassis - I've got all the bits minus the jig.

I have learnt so much over the last month - biggest lesson for me is to begin these project so much earlier.

My dream is to paint a body correctly.... my effort on the body is very, very poor.

Anyways - I'm all done now.....

Big thumbs up to Alan and Stu for their help - I'm unsure how I could ever repay the debts.......

Terry looks good. If the rear tyres have Ninco on the side walls they are either Ninco or some of my test castings. If the walls have no writing they ate Paul's.

Ask Lim about this! LOL

Thanks Phil,

The rears are pauls,the fronts could be ninco

Great to see a couple of more construction projects. Pity not on "construction" site but all good.

Can I suggest Alan that final list of entrants be shown. Have not seen "Billx" appear yet.

Appreciate it all takes work but entry schedule shown a number of other proxy sites is very helpful and informative.

Looking forward too to report on scrutineering.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

Edited by charlesx

Great to see a couple of more construction projects. Pity not on construction site but all good.

Can I suggest Alan that final list of entrants be shown. Have not seen "Billx" appear yet.

Looking forward too to report on scrutineering.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

No need to panic he is on the list.

I will wait until the middle of next week and put up the final list.

Alan Stubbings