2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the interest Branco

Chassis may be fabricated using any material or stock manufactured excluding carbon fiber.

The idea behind this proxy is to not use ready to run cars, encourage repaints and basically scratch build chassis, although rules do not specifically say. Most guys use a brass and piano wire chassis.

The 156 Sharknose is eligible under the VRAA banner if that is what you are referrring to. As far as I know it did not compete in the Tasman.

The Sharknose was a great looking car. The car raced in various forms until Late 64. In 1962 a version even appeared without the Sharknose. May it should have then be called " cod mouthed" l

If you check out the VRAA thread over on SCI you will find some pics of Robert Livingstons modified Scalex car, that has been in the last few years Proxy.

Edited by kalbfellp

Hi Stubbo. Hate to go backwards but realistically I am unlikely to be able to enter 2 cars now. Only went to this option at Slo1quicks suggestion but I now find I am struggling to complete one car never mind two. My original intention was to have 2 cars to just trial against each other but even that is in doubt. Apart from that I always saw second car as way to make up numbers only if required.

There is still plenty of time so hopefully you can find another candidate.

I would however like to keep option of 2 numbers (47 and 48) if possible. Should situation change I will advise.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Stubbo.

Have not heard from you so presume you got my entry fee and other info; OK.

Small question/clarification. Have looked at numerous pictures of my Cooper Climax and it does not appear to have roll bar. Perhaps it was internal.

Can you please confirm one not required where not fitted or obvious. Can provide photos if necessary.

Appears it may have become a requirement a little later although I have photos where still not visible.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

So far I have received entry fees from

Me

Slo1quick

mmmoose1

Mike Akers

miveson

Charlesxcheers.gif

I know of a couple of others that are coming.thumb.gif

Don't forget we need to have the cars in Australia by the 29th of March.

Charles, I don't know about the roll bar. I can check it out. If there is anybody reading this that knows the answer????

Alan Stubbings

Charles I would suspect that the restored cars in the pic are from 1960, as from the start of 1961 the Gas caps were covered over,at least in F1.I would look for period pics,I have been caught with restored cars not been correct so always check period pics.

Hi Phil and Alan.

I used those photos as car the same as Scalextric and Munter's resin model. Note Scalextric car is not fitted with visible roll bar. Both however have side filler caps.

Are you saying my car is inelligible. If this is the case at least one was the same last year. I could fill in and paint over filler caps if you insist but would prefer to leave as is.

I also used photos as they appeared to be a better representation of original. Many have really horrible roll bars that are not in keeping with real thing but may have been required by modern rules so they could be raced.

I will post some more photos when I get time.

I have done my best to stick within the rules for the event so I am sure we can work through this.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

Charles nothing about eligibility just the pics you posted are of restored cars and often the restored cars do not always represent cars ascthey raced during that period.

The F1 rules changed for 1961 and the Coopers fitted smaller motors and covered up the filler caps. Not sure about the Tasman rules.

This event is open to F1 cars from 61 to 65 and Tasman cars from 64 and 65 so you should be using pics from that period to present your case. I can't see a problem as from what I can see the cars with higher rear panels do not appear to have roll bars, but I could be wrong.

Charles , no one has suggested your car is ineligible. The photo's you have used are from cars being used today and they may be slightly different to the original probably because of todays safety requirements or possibly for another reason that I am not aware of. I have done a quick search on Cooper T53 1962 and found some original photo's of cars with and without roll bars. You can put one in if you want however the car is eligible either way.

In the last couple of days several more entry fees have been received. thumb.gif

I am out of town for a few days and will update the list early next week.nod.gif

Avagoodweegend!

Alan Stubbings

So far I have received entry fees from

Me

Slo1quick

mmmoose1

Mike Akers

miveson

Charlesx

Old23

Biedmatt

Ferrari1950

Chenglaw

Phil Kalbfell

Phils Grandkids

Haystack

Alexis

RIR

Lenny Broke

Great stuff guys and thanks for being so prompt.banana.gif

If you have paid and I have missed your name please let me know.sorry.gif

Cheers

Alan Stubbings

Ok everybody. To quell any reservations my Cooper Climax now sports a rollbar. Originally thought it looked a bit silly with this body but in grows on you. I have purposely made it as inconspicous as possible for aforementioned reason. That aside however nobody can now point finger.

CooperClimaxfinal_zps26f9530b.jpg

Just as well you sent last message Phil as I was about to wrap up to post.

Chas Le Breton

Kiwi pacifier

Edited by charlesx