Photocomp Entries

50 replies to this topic

#41 manic35

Formula 3 Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 03:52 PM

The thread seems to be slowing....have we got a close of submissions date?

Cheers Manic :)

#42 bump

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 04:47 PM

Is anyone else planning on sending an entry? If not, we can close it on Monday to give late comers the weekend to send something.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

#43 phoeno29

V8 Supercar Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 04:48 PM

I'm done. close when ready.
Find me at Card Guys for custom trading cards

#44 Badbilly

Slotcar tragic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 07:26 PM

monday would be good... im hoping to add a few more pics .. just attempting to make some scenery to get a 1/2 decent shot

Cheers

#45 Badbilly

Slotcar tragic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 11:05 PM

hi guys
Know i said monday but hope its not too late now.... instead of working on sceenary i went racing and took this shot while i was ment to be marshaling turn 1 at Slot shop during the mini challange :P The only editing ive done is to reduce the size of the file to fit here better.

Posted Image

Thanks to the lady n gents racing on the day for not making me workhard at the correct job and giving me time to take pics!!!

Cheers

#46 tvwino

Ex Ex-pat Brit

• Auslotters
  • PipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 02:35 PM

here's my entry (probably too late), original, untouched photo.

Posted Image

Cheers

Mike

#47 manic35

Formula 3 Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 03:42 PM

Nice photo Mike, love the lights. I wouldn't be worried about being late as it looks like the photo comp will continue on...........

Regarding the Lola, can you comment regarding its performance relative to the Scalextric Mustangs yet?

Cheers Manic :lol:

#48 tvwino

Ex Ex-pat Brit

• Auslotters
  • PipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 04:08 PM

manic35, on Jul 30 2005, 03:42 PM, said:

Nice photo Mike, love the lights. I wouldn't be worried about being late as it looks like the photo comp will continue on...........

Regarding the Lola, can you comment regarding its performance relative to the Scalextric Mustangs yet?

Cheers Manic ;)
Hey Matt,
I still think the Lola has the edge over a Camaro, it's just as fast, has a great magnet and is lower to the ground, so handles better and has less tendency to 'let go'. I haven't raced them side by side though, but the ground clearance on the Lola is very low, so with nicely trued tyres lowering it a bit, kicking in even more magnet, I just can't see how it wouldn't edge the Trans Ams, of any variety.

The new liveried Lola is great, and on a par with my favourite other Lola - by that, I mean it's not the dog that my Banana Joe's livery was... :lol:

Tough call isn't it, in terms of getting the crown back... Corvette, Camaro or Lola B)

#49 tvwino

Ex Ex-pat Brit

• Auslotters
  • PipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 04:12 PM

Well, if it's still open, I'll post another entry into the 'original untouched' category - another shot of the backmarkers at the 2004 le Mans... :lol:
Dawn beckons, and they're still running - even if not on the lead lap.
Posted Image

#50 NimROD444

Kart Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 07:39 PM

Hi Guy's,

Now let's put this comp to an end.
Sorry for missing so long but Work, Family, Friends and life in general can throw you a few twists some times, ya gotta move on though.

Before I go one, I'd just like to say Thankyou to my good buddy Manic.
I dumped a bit on his plate and he took it all in, Thanks mate.

I really wanted to enter a few pics too but never got the time.
Here is one I hope you all enjoy.

Posted Image

Now it may look a little farmiliar :(
Thanks again Manic, this gift will be the centre piece of my race room in the new house.

OK now where do we vote!

#51 bump

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 12:13 PM

Apologies for the delays, things have been madder than usual. I hope to have all the photos tagged and voting instructions post on the weekend.

This time will be different to the previous competition because of the number of entries, because the board's poll function can't deal with that. I've set up a new mailbox so you send send an email listing your top 3 entries. The results will be posted after two weeks.

Cheers
Glenn
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users