Photocomp Entries

bump

They are awesome Manic.

What type of editing program do you have?

I don't know which one is my favorite but for orginality the MRRC Toyota one wins hands down. I love it!!!

They are going to be hard to beat.

Well done Manic.

Regards

Dave

Thanks Dave, I had a stack of fun playing around with the photo editor which BTW is Photoshop 7. I'm not sure how it stacks up to Corel Draw but it's pretty easy to use as I did all the submitted image enhancements in 3 hours.

Cheers Manic :o

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This photo comp has the best photos of any photo comp I have seen on a slot board, well done everyone, its a credit to Auslot and those who contribute.

Manic, hmcsat and repete, excellent work you guys, I am going to have to come up with something good to match all of those in the modified category.

The funky celica looks like it is on a bed of worms !

Find me at Card Guys for custom trading cards

Nice bike pic Jamie, looks like a little extra down-force on that bike. Are you still a big fan of the bikes? hmcsat and I had so much trouble getting them to go around the track we threw in the towel. Any improvements post the weights?

Cheers Manic :rolleyes:

Hi Matt,

At the time of that pic (ages ago) I had added the extra magnet and the bikes hung on much better around the track, but the scraping noise as they went around and the lack of leaning made them look and sound annoying so that one went on Ebay and I just kept a couple of them as shelf queens. I'm not sure how the bikes went with the heavier replacement slide base that Scalextric later supplied the bikes with as I never tried them.

JamieB

ITeLECTRICAL

Check out my Current logoEbay_x45.gif Auctions

hi...you wont want to have high speed crash on some of these "scenery track"...major damage :(...stuff would go everywhere, pit crew would be dead :unsure: ...how long does it take ya to put everything back in place after a good crash???? LMAO

cheers

yes i see what you must think, kind of like the 50's and 60's when spectators took their lives in their own hands when they went to a race; at lemans i think they set a record for dead spectators when a car landed in the grand stands. :( appearences can be decieving my track is tiny in comparision to most of my colleagues and cars dont develop enough speed to get airborne into the scenery except by the tech center and it pretty well covered now by wine barrier barrells. :D

MARK......FROM THE ARIZONA DESERT

Is anyone else planning on sending an entry? If not, we can close it on Monday to give late comers the weekend to send something.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

hi guys

Know i said monday but hope its not too late now.... instead of working on sceenary i went racing and took this shot while i was ment to be marshaling turn 1 at Slot shop during the mini challange :P The only editing ive done is to reduce the size of the file to fit here better.

piccomp101.jpg

Thanks to the lady n gents racing on the day for not making me workhard at the correct job and giving me time to take pics!!!

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Nice photo Mike, love the lights. I wouldn't be worried about being late as it looks like the photo comp will continue on...........

Regarding the Lola, can you comment regarding its performance relative to the Scalextric Mustangs yet?

Cheers Manic :lol:

Nice photo Mike, love the lights. I wouldn't be worried about being late as it looks like the photo comp will continue on...........

Regarding the Lola, can you comment regarding its performance relative to the Scalextric Mustangs yet?

Cheers Manic ;)

Hey Matt,

I still think the Lola has the edge over a Camaro, it's just as fast, has a great magnet and is lower to the ground, so handles better and has less tendency to 'let go'. I haven't raced them side by side though, but the ground clearance on the Lola is very low, so with nicely trued tyres lowering it a bit, kicking in even more magnet, I just can't see how it wouldn't edge the Trans Ams, of any variety.

The new liveried Lola is great, and on a par with my favourite other Lola - by that, I mean it's not the dog that my Banana Joe's livery was... :lol:

Tough call isn't it, in terms of getting the crown back... Corvette, Camaro or Lola B)

Well, if it's still open, I'll post another entry into the 'original untouched' category - another shot of the backmarkers at the 2004 le Mans... :lol:

Dawn beckons, and they're still running - even if not on the lead lap.

img12685dt.jpg

Hi Guy's,

Now let's put this comp to an end.

Sorry for missing so long but Work, Family, Friends and life in general can throw you a few twists some times, ya gotta move on though.

Before I go one, I'd just like to say Thankyou to my good buddy Manic.

I dumped a bit on his plate and he took it all in, Thanks mate.

I really wanted to enter a few pics too but never got the time.

Here is one I hope you all enjoy.

Auslot_pic001.jpg

Now it may look a little farmiliar :(

Thanks again Manic, this gift will be the centre piece of my race room in the new house.

OK now where do we vote!