Possible Scratch-Built Rally Series

slotcarmann

Hi folks

As the Slot Rally GB event has now scrapped the class allowing scratch-built cars to participate, in favour of a Scalextric class, what events are there for such cars?

In fact, are there any at all?

Would anyone be interested in UK or World Proxy event catering for such cars?

Just dipping a toe in the water.

Cheers

Dave

There doesn't seem to be so much scratch-building done in rally cars as there is in race cars for some reason, which is strange given that many out-of-the-box rally cars are terrible performers. I am seriously considering swapping some of the chassis in mine for HRS, especially since I raced an HRS with a Fly body recently and it went sooooo well.

I don't know if this would count as scratch-build, and I don't know if there is room for yet another proxy series in the world,

I think more about slot cars now than I did about sex when I was sixteen.

logoforsignatureonSFI.png incorporating the Italian round of logoforWRP_zpsc822e290.jpg

...this is the BIG one!

3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th October 2013

Castello delle Forme, Umbria, Italy

I will be proposing for the "2014 Proxy WRC" (Currently SCX) that we have an affordable and even open class. That could depend on the available range of SCX cars at the time and their willingness to support a series.

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

• 1 year later...

IMO the Rules for Oz Rally are pretty open now, allowing motor changes and chassis mods, just not podded cars in WRC.

All class this year cater for most brand of cars.

Although the Avant Raid may get canned next year!

Will be interested to see other comments on this.

for me the raid is a trial this year, so, let's focus on the other two, WRC and classic.

The oz rally rules are simple and the first event runner is the warrant that car comply. If we can have the UK and why not a WR version of the rally proxy after the oz rally timeline, My cars will make the trip for sure. I am happy to have two cars doing the 2 championships and try to improve them in between.

In fact a good trial would be to have one European track hosting one of the ongoing Oz rally race to have a look at the cars. Can this be organised with our friends from the north hemisphere?

I am ready to send 5$ more to the oz rally to cover the shipment cost but i cannot speak for the other competitors.

I am not interested in extending the Oz Rally,short and sweet Proxys are good and maintain interest.

It is hard to keep momentum up with some hosts and long distances to mail the cars.

But some one could simply pick up the rules and run another series with the same rules.

There is at least 6 months between the end of OzRally and the start of te next year.

Once you start sending os the $$$ are much greater. Would be nice to do it though. There was the mini Monte Carlo rally in Italy last year which used the oz rally rules, but it was a one off event. It cost me $20 in postage just to send my car, when you add entry fee it was a pricey event. Would be nice to have a Euro series and an oz series and the top 5 of each raced off for top spot.

Some slot (and MTB) vids NOW SHOWING

• 2 weeks later...

Once you start sending os the $$$ are much greater. Would be nice to do it though. There was the mini Monte Carlo rally in Italy last year which used the oz rally rules, but it was a one off event. It cost me $20 in postage just to send my car, when you add entry fee it was a pricey event. Would be nice to have a Euro series and an oz series and the top 5 of each raced off for top spot.

i like this idea of a top 5 EU versus AUS... we must find a way to get US in the picture too.

would you only accept euro entry to the euro serie? i am fine with preping 2 cars. I love rally cars but adelaide is not a rally slot car fan area, so, proxy are the only way for me to race my french rally cars.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi curef99

We did not organise anything last year.

Also there is no official UK slot rally championship this year, but we hope to hold a Manx International Slot Rally weekend and invite visiting drivers and proxy cars as well. It wouldn't need much more organisation to hold a few proxy rounds here for a series, whilst we have any proxy cars on the Isle of Man. This would not be limited to SCX cars.

We will be probably be running the event roughly in line with previous UK Slot Rally rules, but this is not finalised yet: it will be quite soon.

We will be catering for all types and makes of rally car and will include scratch-built cars.

Cheers

Dave