Report Card

gazza

As the title says .... we are after information on the 2012 series

Likes and dislikes, improvements, suggestions - good or bad, anything you think might improve the next event, or just leave it as is.

All information will be processed with the idea of making next years event bigger and better.

Rattle on .........

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Pretty close to perfect Gazza. Good and close. What more could you want?

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Notes from a Cellar Dweller:

This was a looong proxy, and I had a certain disconnect from it in the finish. The feedback and discussion centred, in the main, around the pointy end. Fair enough; but a bit more info on my bus, past "no grip whatsoever" would help for next season. I reasoned from the events that the car balance and motor were good, tyres lousy. Will find out for sure when car returns.

I realise the scope of running this InterContinental circus, congrats to the Ringmasters, and the National Cat Herders, One and All.

Top end next season.

Chris

Chris

H.M.C.C

As a Proxy virgin, I found it great fun to be part of. I did enjoy the feedback, maybe a little more form each round would certainly help us less knowledgeable participants.

The idea of a mid-term pit stop sounds attractive - racers get the change to tweak and fettle based on the comments form the rounds to date, but the cost and logistics could be a nightmare. Especially after Her Maj's Revenue and Customs bit my arse when the package arrived.

Must've been a steep learning curve, stepping to take over as you did, so well done and keep doing what you are doing.

wosautos12.gif

Only a couple of things for me-

- No large commercial style tracks. Would rather see 2 stages on the same track than have one held on a large flat circuit, even Luff's Targa track is pushing it for me.

- Points, I think points should be awarded to at least the first half of the field. Ive been a cellar dweller a couple of times before and as Haystack said it is a long season, it would be nice if the odds of getting some points would be a bit easier, especially with such a large field.

- I also like the idea of the pitstop. There really shouldn't be too much extra work than normal as most of the cars should be in pretty good condition.

Otherwise, all is good. Although is there anything we can do to ensure that I finish up the top again? :P:ph34r: Its gunna be hard to stay up there.

Some slot (and MTB) vids NOW SHOWING

This was my first ever proxy .

It would have been nice to see more photos or videos

from all of the tracks

Also, I finished towards the back of the feild, so a bit more

feed back for the back runners will help with car set up for the

next time.

I think this proxy was ment for the cars to finish as close

together as possible,so feedback should help.

Mario

Edited by FPV GTP
Signaturebanner_zpsbb5af1d4.jpg

I was very interested to see Bens calculation based on time. I would like to see some more research into the points system, the cut off where many entrants only get one point for running will now leave a lot of the field with very few points IF they have a couple of bad runs. Maybe allocate points for all the field from 50 down to 1 for last?

Mark did a spreadsheet at around round 10 Phil and at that stage other than one or two cars there was no real difference in placings.

I must say I didn't like the current system when first proposed but now believe it is the best. This series has been the closest we have had.

Up until the last round several cars had a chance of running 2nd or 3rd.

If it was 50 points for 1st and one or two cars dominated the early rounds then the middle order would have a difficult job of climbing back.

I think some one suggested that points pay to top half the field F1 pay only to 10 (I believe??)

A bit of water to go under the bridge before the rules etc are finalised

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

As I have no life I redid the points from 2012 SCX proxy as 1st = 42down to 42nd = 1.

ALEXIS 478 0 EMBER 435 1 MEXICO 422 2 BEN M 418 -2 LA PORTA VERDE 403 4 SLOTCARMANN 403 1 REEK 377 -3 ROKMAT 361 0 MTUCKER 347 -3 JIMMI 344 11 MALATWOLVES 343 1 FERRARIF40 339 10 GARY W 339 -3 BRAMA 336 1 SLOTCARSCRAPYARD 324 4 TEAMRED 309 -5 ONTHEFLIPSIDE 306 -1 IRONMAN 295 8 ZERO5 295 9 SNURFEN 294 -7 CONTI ROWLAND 292 4 DEVIOUS DAVE 288 -2 ZARKO 284 -6 KALBFELLP 279 5 KIDVOLTAGE 268 -11 GAZZA 254 1 MOHAWK 253 -3 PHOENO29 251 -10 IANATWOLVES 236 5 OLDSLOT 234 0 SCALEXTRIC V8 234 -8 FPV GTP 232 1 MIVESON 211 5 YNGWIE 207 -3 SCIRI 199 -3 LENNY BROKE 182 0 SCUDERIA TURINI 166 -2 SILVER ROCKET 152 -1 SPLITRIM 137 0 HAYSTACK 110 0 SYD 66 0 HIGHLANDER 35 0

Edited by branco

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Damn it was easier to read before I hit "post"

Jimmi biggest mover up 11 places.

Kidvoltage down 11 spots.

Now back to watching that paint dry.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Whatever scoring system used there'll be someone not happy.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

I must say I didn't like the current system when first proposed but now believe it is the best. This series has been the closest we have had.

Up until the last round several cars had a chance of running 2nd or 3rd.

I guess the point is that its not all about the top 15, the guys down the bottom end (and theres a chance that next year those in the top 10 from this year might find themselves down the bottom half of the results next year) want something realistic to chase. Maybe 1 through to 50 is a bit much, but I think 1-25 could work. With 50 entries, 35 would miss out with only 15 cars scoring points.

Some slot (and MTB) vids NOW SHOWING

• 2 weeks later...

Over the series, I cut and pasted some of the suggestions re tuning from the top runners, into a word doc.

It is over several pages, and I've used it with some success with other rtr cars I've applied it to. Not a very scientific approach, some of the stuff I knew but hadn't done and applied some of the stuff I'd not thought of.

Easy enough to find if you trawl through the whole of the threads, or I can email anyone a copy, for a small financial consideration. :rolleyes:

:ph34r: sits back and waits for his Paypal account to fill up................................

Whats not to like...........

Over the series, I cut and pasted some of the suggestions re tuning from the top runners, into a word doc.

It is over several pages, and I've used it with some success with other rtr cars I've applied it to. Not a very scientific approach, some of the stuff I knew but hadn't done and applied some of the stuff I'd not thought of.

Easy enough to find if you trawl through the whole of the threads, or I can email anyone a copy, for a small financial consideration. :rolleyes:

:ph34r: sits back and waits for his Paypal account to fill up................................

This is Orstrayliah Mate.....If we can't get it for next to nothing on the Internet...we don't want it..! :lol: :lol: :D:P

Chris

H.M.C.C