Nsw 1/24 Scaleauto State Endurance Championships

Guest jazzbell

(e) During lane changes no work at all will be allowed - all work on the car may only be done under green. (This includes, checking the braids and or cleaning the tyres).

The first time I raced using this rule was in Melbourne at my first APC,after my first bracket in 1/32nd class I had to sneakily adjust the braids as they wern't sitting right & the car was not as good as it was in qualifying.

After the race,I dobbed myself in to Werner & complained that with 20 years racing slot cars I ALWAYS adjust my braids at each lane change,probably just a nervious little habbit or trying to get the car to go faster.

Werners response was we don't enforce that rule & adjusting braids is OK.

Which leads to my question,what is meant by checking the braids & what is the penalty.

Sorry if it sounds like nitpicking but the rule is too vague & needs better explaination.

Cheers Jimmy

To finsh first,first you gotta finish

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(e) During lane changes no work at all will be allowed - all work on the car may only be done under green. (This includes, checking the braids and or cleaning the tyres).

Sorry if it sounds like nitpicking but the rule is too vague & needs better explaination.

Cheers Jimmy

Jimmy,

Point taken, shall try to word in such a way that there is no doubt about the fact that NOTHING may be done to a car during lane change - in fact if possible, only a marshal should be allowed to do the lane change and touch the car.

As for penalty, this will be decided by the event organisers and teams will be briefed accordingly. Normally it is a three-strikes-and-you-out thing. However, what is also true - you should normally be allowed to check your car on the grid before qualifying (after scrutineering) to make sure it is fine, then again on the starting grid before the start of the race - after that, you may only touch the car under green.

Cheers,

Jan

Edited by Springbok Racer

'The older I get the faster I was.'

Guest jazzbell

All work on cars will be under green and NO work what so ever on the lane change except sticker colour change.

The driver or team members from the same team can change the lane sticker and place the car to the next lane.In all fairness i don't think it would go down well with a marshal from an opposing team dropping your car.

This will all be discussed at drivers briefing.

regards shane a

team thunderbird

Edited by jazzbell

Hi guys,

Has any of you NSW and HSC boys done any testing yet - the rest of us would love to know what kind of lap times are possible on the 110' Johnson (with the Scale Auto's of course).

How much problems can we expect on RED and BLACK lanes with the walls being touched - especially with the Jaguar? Any places where passing is going to be a problem?

Cheers,

Jan

Guest jazzbell

Hi guy's now that the rules are set for the Scaleauto 1/24 cars for 2013 DON'T FORGET to read up on the rules,as Hornsby being the 1st major.

Rules for people unaware are in this forum Under 2013 car regulations.

http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?/topic/15749-2013-car-regulations/page__pid__188702#entry188702

regards shane a

team thunderbird

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jazzbell

Not long to go now guy's.

As promised i've built armchairs race car for them. Armchair do not race the scaleauto's so to involve them i offered to build their race car.

They are going with the Jag. Chassis blueprinted,good 4hrs spent. I've built their car with all the best products on the market to the same as what we run in our team NSR cars.

I'll express on Monday so plenty of time for practise with your new car.

armchairjag.jpg

Have fun and now it will be time to get some scaleauto racing happening at armchair.

regards shane a

team thunderbird

Guest jazzbell

Hi guy's,

Just some more information on the scaleauto enduro. Guy's that are travelling on the Friday 22nd the track opens at 12midday. On Saturday the 23rd the track will be opened at 10am.

Race director will be either Gary(works at Hornsby)or track owner James.

Scrutineers for event will be Jan and Gary Johnson.

Board of directors will be a team of three people who will have the final say with any problems. These people will be Shane Atkinson,Kim Axton and Jan Roestorf.

As where all racers and to be fair on decisions,more than one position has been made to make things fair on decisions.

Just a reminder on hand out motors. 4pm Saturday the 23rd. 30min to fit then from 4.30pm to 4.50pm will be a 20min shake down to make sure car and motor is ok.

5pm scrutineering, followed by concourse.

regards shane a

team thunderbird

Teams that have confirmed as starters........

7.Team Jokers

Jan,Tim Tyler ......and

regards shane a

team thunderbird

Shane,

Please add Lars Harrysson to the Jokers, plus possibly a fourth driver to come......

Thanks,

Jan

Hi All,

Our Scaleauto car built by Shane has made it's way to Armchair this morning. So far the car looks really good, but we have yet to test the car on our track. Saturday will probably be the first chance do do some laps.

We will be running a 4 man team for the race which will include John Van Dyk, John Amudensen, Ian Rice and Me (Jason Brooks)

Can't wait to give the car a run.

Jason.

Brooksy

Damm.. with respect.. Wrong Ian. I was looking foward to seeing Ian Bannister squinting across the track. Speaking of rumours.. Some say he cant actually see the car....

Its more like he posseses "The Force" and could get the car around the track.. blindfolded!

Great to see the Armchair guys entering this event... so a big welcome and hope you have a great race.

Edited by axman

Yes !!,..Ian Bannister !!,..I was trawling around on SlotBlog some time back and just kinda 'fell over' a Race Report, from somewhere in the US, (I was trying to find pics of good road course tracks),...and Lo & Behold,..there is the Man himself,..He had apparently virtually led the whole race, but had a slight 'technical issue' in the last bracket and came 2nd !

From the Stories 'Hutcho' has occasionally mentioned,..I think he Did kinda 'possess, or perhaps more at times,..Become Possessed !!,... :)

But Hell Yeah he Sure Could drive,..he was still racing a bit when I first started racing seriously in the Association.

Will be good to get to have a Run with John A again after Many years.

When in the 'Zone', with a good car,..John is quite a 'Weapon' !!!,.. :o:)

Edited by stoo23

Guest jazzbell

After some talks a deal was done .So a big thank you to our Australian NSR importer here in Adelaide who is kindly sponsoring the NSR king Evo 25 motors for this event. So thanks Chris at Thunderbird raceway here in Adelaide.

Regards shane a

Team thunderbird

Edited by jazzbell

After some talks a deal was done .So a big thank you to our Australian NSR importer here in Adelaide who is kindly sponsoring the NSR king Evo 25 motors for this event. So thanks Chris at Thunderbird raceway here in Adelaide.

Regards shane a

Team thunderbird

Hey that's great news Shane ! And another thank you to Chris from Thunderbirds Raceway for the NSR motor sponsorship for the Hornsby Scale Auto 8 hour Endurance Championships..

Noel

i spoke to john A (alias front bum) around xmas after seeing a picture of him on the armchair racer website. He has been dominationg the plastic car racing looking at the results.

Was great to speak to him again after many years. And stoo i can attest to his driving talents and as you say with the right car he is a weapon.

thankfully when i used to race him his car prepration was average at best, or maybe it was he was too tight to buy new tyres....

wish i was coming to sydney for the race...... if any teams get stuck for a driver give me a shout

I laugh at your comment about John's car prepration. It hasn't changed at all over the years.

If he want's a fast car, he usually gives it to John Van Dyk. He always scrounging around for a set of tyres if he can get his hands on a set.

Brooksy

Regards shane a

Team thunderbird

Yeah, good on you Chris, thanks mate.

Cheers,

Jan

For any Racers that may be Interested in 'having a run' with the HSC 'Locals' on Saturday night, running Plafit 1/24th CanAm /Historics,...

I guess,..'prompted' by Davnic's PM to me regarding rules etc, Realizing that whilst the 'Basic' Rule Set 'Adopted' for this class at HSC, is 'intrinsically' the Qld' 2009 Rule Set, it NOW Does have Some Slight Differences/additions/interpretations,... :)

So,..regarding the Above,..I set about Editing the Older Rule Set, to actually 'Reflect' What is able to be Run at HSC,...which can be found Here; http://ascra.com.au/...d=158&Itemid=36

As can also be seen in this thread; http://www.auslot.co...-am-at-hornsby/ the only thing that Needs 'clarification', is the Pinion Size.

It was Not until I began Editing the Old Qld' 2009 rules, that I realised it stated that Either a 10 or 12 tooth pinion could be used.

Normally we ALL run 12:38 in This Class at HSC,..so will report on that in the above thread for those that are interested.

Other Pics, Race Reports etc that might give you an idea of what/who's fast and what people are running etc, can be found here; http://forum.ascra.c...wforum.php?f=17

Cheers,

Stewart

Edited by stoo23

Hey was Just wondering whether Anyone is 'Aware' of What might 'Give' me 1.8mm and for that matter perhaps even More importantly 1.4mm ??

I have 1.5mm and 2.00mm blocks but have Not Yet found Something that I can at least use as a 'Guide',..as I'm Certainly NOT going to purchase that ludicrously Expensive ScaleAuto device !!,.. :D

Any advice appreciated,..cheers

:)