Round 13 - Mount Salt Panorama 1000

Ontheflipside

Sleep? Looks like I'll have to get results over first coffee in the morning.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, a big day running stage one. There were some unlucky cars that were pushing for a top ten finish that suffered some unwarranted offs. :angry:

But that is racing they say. Very disappointing when driving a good car and then it goes pear shape. eg: Car 22 (Reek455) Motor popped out, Car 84 (Ianjatwolves) Power intermittent halfway through, Car 8 (Jimmi) Clipped the wall at Hell Corner at high speed and ended up on the concrete floor under the track :o The series leader car 14 (Alexis) had an off 3/4 of the way through in between two marshals in a hard to reach spot cost 5 to 6 seconds and I didn't do the car any favors in trying to catch up. There is always tomorrow :P About 4 cars developed poor balance halfway through and keeping them in the slot was very difficult and there didn't appear to be an easy answer, and slowing up didn't help either. :unsure:

So here are the results from today - with thanks to Gazza and Devious Dave for marshaling.

SCXProxyatMSPstage1.jpg

Still a long way to go and no doubt more cheers and tears to follow.

No sub 30 sec laps today but we got close but track temp was only 22deg C.

Stage 2 tomorrow after we have a look at some of the cars that are suffering a little.

Gazza took heaps of pics so he will post when he gets a chance.

Edited by Ontheflipside

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Mel & all,

Thanks for the run, I hope it was fun - top40! Hope the Pig wasn't too much of a pig, though clearly not too fast. After this series, it's very nice for me to be off the bottom rung, even if only fleetingly I suspect. My sympathy to Rokrmat,Syd and IanJ... trust me, I know how it feels!

The efforts by all involved are appreciated, lot of work for all of you but hopefully some fun too. Only 22C eh.... snow on the tops here.

ATB - Bob

The series leader car 14 (Alexis) had an off 3/4 of the way through in between two marshals in a hard to reach spot cost 5 to 6 seconds and I didn't do the car any favors in trying to catch up. There is always tomorrow

It seems that even without it my car stood no chance.I expected as much since it raced on the roof.Where i live cars stand the correct way wheels down roof on top :D .Thanks for the run.

gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg

9th on SS1. I'm very happy with that. Well done you guys in the top three, and well done you guys driving and marshalling. Great job.

I think more about slot cars now than I did about sex when I was sixteen.

logoforsignatureonSFI.png incorporating the Italian round of logoforWRP_zpsc822e290.jpg

...this is the BIG one!

3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th October 2013

Castello delle Forme, Umbria, Italy

Just looked at what I thought was the results for SS2 and saw that I was way down in 55th place. :blink:

logoforsignatureonSFI.png incorporating the Italian round of logoforWRP_zpsc822e290.jpg

...this is the BIG one!

Wow. Back toward the sharper end of things. Seems driver and co-pilot are happy to be back in the country.

Congratulations Ben and Monte for the upper steps on the Stage.

And 3 Mitsi team members in the top 4. What's not to like about that?

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Gee thatnks for the great shots! Especially the set of Team Umbria.

Love the T-shirt by the way!

...this is the BIG one!

Oddly enough, the t-shirt was one of the first things that caught my eye too. Well... it is big and red and fairly near the middle of the picture.

The Phoeno-mobile's not quite as pretty as it was when the tour started.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Car 8 (Jimmi) Clipped the wall at Hell Corner at high speed and ended up on the concrete floor under the track :o

Hey Mel ,

Usually takes me about 15 beers before end up under the table. :D :D Oh well s#!t happens,Hope i faired a bit better today.

Cheers,

Jimmi

Stage two was finished this evening with the help of Mohawk and Teamred.

We are using Race Coordinator and it was set up to accumulate time in each of the three stages and unfortunately we cannot down load a spreadsheet until the third stage has finished so tonight I have been adding the scores to another spreadsheet manually (as last night)

So if there are any errors ( I have double checked) they will be corrected at the completion of stage 3.

Also Race Coordinator only displays the total time at 2 decimal places but is actually timing in 1000th of a second.

So here are the results for stage 2

SCXProxyatMSPstage21.jpg

It's late here and I'm tired and have to be at work early this morning so more info tonight.

SCXProxyatMSPPOSatstage21.jpg

Stage 3 Thursday - Sydney Australia time

Reason for edit the above results have been corrected due to a couple of keying errors (late at night)

I apologise for any tears ^_^

Edited by Ontheflipside

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Phew, 9th but still clinging onto 4th overall in this round.... B)

Need a special run and some podium points on the final stage to catch Embs though.... :unsure:

Still fastest lap to date, from Stage 1.... :D but 6 seconds down on Ben overall.

Well done guys, one final stage to go...!

Come on Team Mitsi...!

Cheers

Dave

Edited by slotcarmann

19th! Not so good. Still, with Alexis only two places ahead of me I can't complain!

It is truly amazing how the performance of the cars swing about.

...this is the BIG one!

Crumbs. You boys are working hard at keeping the results mixed. Second fastest lap. Cool.

Congrats on surving Stage 2 everyone.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Speaking from the lower end of the championship, I am really pleased with what's happening on this event. Great drivers these Australians, Mark Webber could learn a few things here.

Many thanks to Mel and team for efforts and time.

Leo

Like_1.gifLike Scuderia Turini on Facebook Please Vote Up my postings - green arrow at top right :- )

Thanks to the Aussie team for running this round and conrgratulations to the podium winners of both stages.It seems Ben_m is going for it although it is a changeable situation.Great photos.Fastest lap in ss2 is a consolation.What happened to Monte's(kidvoltage )car?Had an off at the same place

as mine?

gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg