18 replies to this topic

#1 Stubbo

Classic Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

Greetings everybody.

This is just a little to prompt to let you all know that the next Tasman Cup series will commence in Australia around Easter (late March) 2013.

We know its early days but if you are interested in particpating let us know here so;

1. We can plan things to make sure the series goes smoothly and

2. You give yourself plenty of time to build your cars.

Cheers
Alan Stubbings

#2 SlotsNZ

Formula 1 Driver

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,771 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

As per "the other place"

The Hawkes Bay Snail wishes to reserve #22
Slots addict 1st class * Classic quote for 2019 "whaa whaa whoo, where is I " * My Track Oakland Raceway V2 | * | Club Website

#3 miveson

Raid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

Count me in please .... Lotus 18 if I can get it sorted in time, it'll come up pretty quickly.

#4 charlesx

V8 Supercar Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

Great to see you asking. As you will recall I am keen to take part if you have room. Have even started building my car.

My entry will almost certainly be a T53 Cooper Climax. Resin body courtesy of Munter. Self-built chassis powered by Solarbotics motor. Dart Hobbies/BWA and/or Paul Gage tyres.

Would prefer number 47 if available but think it is taken. Otherwise any number that was used for this car if there is one available. Will do a bit more research and see what I can find.

Interesting that Bruce McLaren's daughter presented trophies at recent 1/24th Scale Metal car Nats. in Wellington. I have a particular affinity withthe late Bruce and Tim Mayer as they presented me with a slot car trophy in 1964. I still have the miniature.

Finally as offered previously if you decide to have second round in New Zealand we have a selection of RTR/Hard Body tracks in New Plymouth on which such an event could be run. Vary from 18 to 36 metres in length. If Napier have the New Zealand Grand Prix we could have the Lady Wigram Trophy (my brother and I are from Christchurch).

Regards

Chas Le Breton

#5 slo1quick

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:26 AM

Sounds good Chas
The rounds in NZ need to be run in quick succession bcause of the unknown and unpredictable steam ferry that chugs accross the Tasman and the limited time frame the TC runs for..
Could the NZ guys manage 2 rounds on consecutive weekends?

That trophy that Bruce and Tim presented is a certain tressure, any chance of a pic ?
"Me Auntie's a Jack !!!"

#6 lenny broke

7th runner up 1978 South Australian Womp Championship

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,485 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:34 AM

Hi Stu and Alan

As per e-mail, I'd like to enter with last years intended conveyance, a Cooper T73, number 4 if possible if not 24. I'd also like to run a round again please either on the current 2 lane track or if I it done in time a new 3 laner.

cheers
Alan

#7 manimmal

I'm Rad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

A lotus 24 for me please gentlemen, modified air fix style :)
My mum says I'm an excellent driver

#8 haystack

Lawn Tractor Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

I hope to have a clear schedule at that time, so would like to enter; #4 if available please.

Chris
Chris
H.M.C.C

#9 charlesx

V8 Supercar Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

Hi Slo1quick,

No problem running event quickly in New Plymouth as everyone pitches in and helps. Would just need to decide on which track.

Re my Cooper Climax - Tim Mayer ran at least with No. 2 and No. 48 in NZ so 48 sounds a good choice presumimg No.47 unavaliable.

Re trophy all I have now is miniature but I do have later photo of actual trophy when I won for second time.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

#10 kalbfellp

Formula 1 Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,856 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

Charles I don't think 47 is taken, it was used on my Cooper that Boss 302 entered last year. It was Bruce McLaren number.
I used No 4 last year!

#11 charlesx

V8 Supercar Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

Hi Slo1quick and Phil.

I would certainly like Bruce's No.47 if Bos302 not entering again.

Regards

Charles Le Breton

#12 slo1quick

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

Alan still has not had comfirmation from Mac running a round as far I know. Its a matter of sorting times that suit hosts. I hear Lenny, Terry, Bruce,and Phil are willing to give it another crack. Thanks Charles for offering up to host It would be great to have two rounds in NZ though time restraints might be the determinining factor. Can the cars make it from Hawks Bay to New Plymouth in time for consecutive weekend runs.
Also Charlse, if Bruce is not running with the # 47 then 47 is yours.
I will be sticking with #3.
Will it create too much confusion if duplicate #'s for those that wish to build specific cars, or just # preference, were allowed ? Returning entrants and VRAA entrants get precedence for #'s and as the shut off time is close to car due date and we may not know which of those cars are playing for those that have missed their preferred # to opt for their original preferance. We would be interested to hear what the general consensis is on this before the final rule ammendments are put up. Alan will be back in reliable internet range by Tuesday.
"Me Auntie's a Jack !!!"

#13 charlesx

V8 Supercar Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:41 AM

Hi Slo1quick.

I would not like to see duplicate numbers as it would spoil look of event. Appreciate with Canam proxy there have been few running in identical cars and numbers but as the T53 Cooper Climax for example ran under so many numbers not difficult to get authentic one if you wish. As stated previously I am quite happy to run as 48 (Tim Mayer in some NZ races) but would certainly take 47 if Bos302 decides not to run again.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

#14 charlesx

V8 Supercar Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

Phil has just advised that the previous user of No.47 (Bos302) is building a different car so number is now available for me to use. Please note your records accordingly. I only hope I can build a car to live up to the late Bruce McLaren's place in motor racing history. Will certainly give it my best shot

Regards

Chas Le Breton

#15 kalbfellp

Formula 1 Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,856 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:44 AM

Charles I think you should have built the Tim Mayer car as a tribute. I was at Longord on that unfortunate weekend, luckily not on the Friday, of the accident.

Edited by kalbfellp, 17 November 2012 - 06:50 AM.

#16 charlesx

V8 Supercar Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:58 AM

Hi Phil,

I have 2 Munter Cooper Climax bodies, Solarbotic motors etc. Perhaps I might build both to give them a running mate (No.47 and No. 48).

At least with Tasman Cup cars I have a comparison model to run against. Munter says they perform about same as Cartrix but perhaps should be better. What is your experience?

Regards

Chas Le Breton

#17 Stubbo

Classic Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:12 AM

G'day Charles,

I think we might change the rules and make it compulsory for you to do the Tim Mayer car. In fact I will make an executive decision and put you down for #48 and #47 so now you New Plymouth guys have to build 2 cars. :D
Alan Stubbings

#18 rsclio

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:40 AM

Stubbo & Stu
After helping out earlier this year I'll have to have a go now
Count me in
I've got an order in for some BWA stuff and some Gauge tyres
just need a powertrain and body
Thinking BT3/4
Cheers
Mike

Diamo Stages

#19 slo1quick

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

Well Charles that would be something to see # 47 and 48.
Would be nice to see one of the Tassie rounds dedicated to Tim Mayer. Maybe the Tim Mayer memorial trophy !?

Mike, I have the power train, Stubbo has the body. PM us your postal details. Good to see you in !
"Me Auntie's a Jack !!!"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users