1/24 Ferrari 250 Gto By Chris Clark & Jairus Watson

Hi again! Here a build that Jairus and me are sorting out at the moment. The model is a 1/24 scale Testors Ferrari 250 GTO. Jairus went ahead and built up the interior to fit an amazing brass chassis old school style. We also wanted to open the hood to show the lovely v12 engine detail.

A good place to read how Jairus did this chassis and the build up - http://www.modelcars...showtopic=51817

When I got the car I decided to go all out and add a lot extra detail to the interior and motor. Lots of scratchbuilding was done in order to pull off the look. I also used an old Monogram driver from a 1/24 Chaparral 2D kit. I cut the head off and used a modified Cox head. Moreover, I modified the body to fit the cockpit and to be holding the gear stick. Needless to say, at lot will be hidden but if you go looking you'll find the detail. The photos are big and it's a little rough but when the car is in your hands it looks much better. Onto the body now. I'm thinking Ferrari red? ;)

buildpartobe.jpg

In order to open the hood I needed to make the pins to open and to be moved to the side. I also did the straps and cut them at the grove line of the hood. All of this is not glued in yet. I'll be gluing all this at the end. Thanks everyone for the kind comments on the car so far... Cheers!

stapesbuild.jpg

another project over. The wipers are not glued in because I will be posting this soon. It always gets messed up in the post. I did the hood with a magnet up front as well has the back. I kept the pins for the hood stable rather than moving because I wanted hands off for the chrome. The car looks much better in person so don't be too hard me. I enjoyed this project but it was tough. Anyway, I hope you like it.... Cheers guys

ferraritwofull.jpg

ferrarionefull.jpg

here's a short video of the car

i've a slight case of dejavu on this one, but I don't care. It's gorgeous in ways only you two can do. Jairus' chassis are every bit as beautiful as your paint jobs.

Embs

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction