Ssd Lc Trouble Shooting

Drifter

If you haven't tried this remove the cover on the back of the LC and check that the pins that push/pull the flipper are still in place. I have had this problem on all of my XLC's but slightly different on each occasion. I did have a pin that had popped out of place and once reinstalled it worked ok but I found the best fix for the smooth operation of the flippers was to apply a tiny amount of oil to the pin which seemed to fix any problems I had with my XLC's. You can always make sure the flippers move freely with a bit of a vacuum to remove any small dust debris which may stop their operation. If you have tried these and still have a problem maybe someone else can help you out.

Matt

Hi all,

does anyone have a circuit diag for the scaley LC pcb. One of my flippers lanechanges perfectly but wont return to straight. Hope this makes sense.

Q2 Can one be made from scratch on breadboard?

Cheers Drifter

If you have to ask then its probably not for you. Of course but it would cost more than buying a new one, and take a while. Then you need to program it, that takes skill and equipment. Check the wires to the solenoid.

3 stooges, 2 apologists and 1 deep endless mess.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

LC Circuit diagram can be found at http://electricimage...hancements.ashx ('CLC Schematic' tab)

The CLC and XLC detector circuits are fundamentally identical - XLC obviously doesn't have the plugs between controller and solenoids.

Also while its possible to build the circuit op on breadboard, as Aussieslotter says you'd need to write some firmware to detect the appropriate car signals and fire the lane changers.

Ian

Edited by MIH

Linux: A '90s reincarnation of a '80s Operating System based on a '70s design philosophy

InCar-PRO: Chip Main Page

Maybe... It all depends on what the fault is. The most notable issue is physical, where the IR detector is smashed off by long slot tongues. As far as I know, no-one has discovered the exact part used by Scalextric; so repairs are completed by raiding another part. You may also see this as a: works for one type of CLC, but fails for the opposite type which uses the other lane to detect.

Does the detector sense anything - ie, does the flipper always pull in one direction, but fails in the other? In the case, the fault is likely a solenoid driver. These can be repaired quite easily with a similar or raided part.

The only remaining issue then is with the CPU, but the cost of repair is too high - this gets scrapped for spares.

Ian

Linux: A '90s reincarnation of a '80s Operating System based on a '70s design philosophy

Replacing the driver transister is a challenge. But with a steady hand, good tools, a bit of care, and no gins the night before, it can be done.

I'm curious, sigmaman, as to what you have done to your track - 2 sensors faulting in the same way seems unusual - you're not running high voltage are you???

Ian

I bought a bunch of second hand digital track including four lane change pieces,so I don't know the history sorry. I got another sensor track off a mate that was faulty in the hope that I might be able to diagnose the faulty parts and use the two to make a good one. Don't know how to diagnose these things though.

www.sigmamansmodels.com

Kenny: No, you only get one true racing line out of 2 CLCs. So only one sensor needed. (The other goes out to out, so is more of a trick track)

Stolen from Slot Forum...

http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=20507&view=findpost&p=239775

But looks very easy.

• 1 year later...