A Blst Track In Hawkes Bay

SlotsNZ

I've been a bit conflicted, play on track, or digitize some cars.

It is going well, there are a lot of options and I still need to focus and fine tune some of the lane changers.

They main thing is to build the grip levels, on and off line.

I also realised the Carrera power supply is 14.8 volts. I'll probably run a bit less than that!

Edited by Pedro51

The boy's, in desperation at my slowness, gave me some driving lessons the other night.

I did pay attention and today with some help from the manual (who would have thought), I have got some cars running nicer.

Lower the top speed, (much easier using the electronics than swapping motors), reduce the brakes, take out the anchors (magnets), and the cars flow much smoother. This is getting more fun by the day.

Much joy.

Edited by Pedro51

Tis a fine looking set up.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

The blst looks like a blast.

remove the A in blast and you have blst lol

I know...i need to get out more often

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

looks good Peter

so when is the first race

I thought we were good to go when it was all going good, and I found the settings on the control unit, but some reliability issues I don't understand have appeared.

I need to contact David Caille once on work out exactly what my issues are, and how to explain them.

I'm lapping in 4.8 secs so I expect you will need to be doing under 4 second laps to be competitive.

• 1 month later...

It was good to see some more cars/drivers on my track last week.

It has cranked up my enthusiasm, which had been flagging a bit.

I've since been busy getting the 3 x Slot.It Porsche 956's running a bit nicer, Replacing screws that fell out helped!!! and they now all sport lights.

I will try some lower powered motors when they arrive. The 18k SRP motors are ok running by yourself, always on the best racing line, but it could get a bit hectic with 2 or 3 more cars fighting for track space.

I also got the first of the planned Scalextric E30 BMW's going today. These may not be my best idea! The track is quite tight and being 10 mm narrower then the Porsches, they are a bit tippy. I guess a bit of church roof in the chassis will help a bit, we shall see.

I'll give my plan for vintage Carrera Nascars a bit more thought too, they need more track space, could still be fun, rubbing is racing after all.

Peter,

when I first got the bug and bought the CAD and electronics, wa watching the identical track on David's videos, and he was running Renault Meganes with something really low powered, ie, 14k or less in them - going by track speed.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Lessons for the day.

Do not put analogue cars on a digital track and turn the track power on!

Do not try to use wire you have on hand to wire lights in.

It is a frustrating exercise in time wasting and you will have to do it all again after a trip to the shop.

A couple of my lane changers work better if you increase the track power by a volt, the downside is the cars are harder to drive.

Of course it also means an ill handling car (related to the light wiring), with a Jack Rabbit 14k motor

is only 0.3 seconds a lap slower than a better handling car with an 18k motor, but easier to drive.

Edited by Pedro51

Peter, just a thought. You could leave the power up - but throw a diode into each car in the motor line after the chip, to drop the power to the motors 0.7 volt - or two, to drop it 1.4 volts.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol: