out2passya

Lambo Hub Break- Replace Or Retro Fit?

Ok brother calls and tells me the lambo wheel just came off. I never liked the knurled scaley axles and looking at the lambo hub its a thin thin walled plastic. Im racer not a "keep it original and looking nice" kinda guy so Im thinking..

To ally or not to ally. ie slowly replace the breaks as they come with new standard fitting common axles n hubs so in the long run I dont have to stock differnt tyre sizes etc.

So is there a nice pretty basic solid plastic or ally axle hub kit that will fit the likes of Lambos and basic saloon cars.?

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

regsneers

Mark

There are a heap of different possibilities. But Slot.it do a rear axle, wheel and spur starter kit. Or at least they used to. They also offer either plastic or ally wheel option, depending on how far you want to upgrade. Trouble is once you start thinking of changing wheels you pretty much need to do the whole rear end, which gets quite pricey quite quickly.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

thanks all, I ended up not waiting (we had a race on this sat) needed it fast. A mate at work helped me turn some up out of aluminium. Ended up about twice as heavy as the plastic ones. The lambo still rips around like a pocket rocket tho :) So does not feel like its made a bad difference and certainly will last a whole lot.....forever ;)

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

regsneers

Mark