SlotsNZ

Nz Canam Proxy 2012 - Race Round 8 - The Finale

The final round will be run next Thursday at the black swamp raceway - change of venue as Chris is generally out of things at present.

I'll be doing qualifying with Pie-Guy around 4.30, and we'll run the round at 6.30. I am not sure if I will be able to load the Qualifying results before I do the round. Depends on their internet connection, and how time goes.

Owned by a different Mike, and now in a new location, but this is the track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdQEfCi9CC0

Recovering Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Great to see Ex Mike Wilson and now new Mike's track in action again. To nice a track for it to be gathering dust..

Funny looking Canam cars though.

Looking forward to seeing the real thing after Thursday.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

Here we go. sorry for overnight delay in posting.

Click to enlarge for reading.

Proxy lesson 101 for self - no good building a fast car if people can't keep it on the track.....

Congratulations to Phil and the other podiumites for round and series.

This concludes my role as a proxy series organisor. Slotmadmac is considering taking over running of an NZ proxy series next year. Fresh ideas and enthusiasm will definitely benefit it. I feel I have too many things pulling in different directions these days with the business side as well as the hobby. We will also be in Europe for a couple of months in 2013, so needed to be free of the role anyway.

After seeing the agro that has gone down in some proxy series, I took up the role of creating this event with much trepidation.

So I want to thank Phil K. for much advice, and many others who contributed from day 1 to the first series in 2009, and through the past 4 years. The support and encouragement I have received really has been first rate.

THANKS EVERYONE.

The patience and general bon-homme exhibited be entrants has enabled me to enjoy the organisational role.

The cars will be packed and returned next week, before I fly out.

If Chenglaw could let me know about return of Phang's car, and Phil, which Tassie cars are coming to you, that would be good.

nzprR8results.jpg

nzprR8overall.jpg

nzprR8handicap.jpg

Recovering Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Thanks for running the series Mark and congrats to the podium winners last night and of course the winners of the overall series. My car lost grip and brakes as the series progressed. It will be good to have her back on the bench and back to her best in the next few days.

Trent: a confession. I am planning a guide mod on a Carrera McLaren and liked the look of yours. After the final race I opened your car to have a dekko. Nice work mate. I am sure you wouldn't have minded given the series was over - but at least my conscious is clean now ;)

I'll think about running a series next year. Something a bit different would be nice after 3 years of Can Am.

Congrats again to Phil, Orakei and Bunyip.

Mac

Podiums are for short people.

Thanks guys for the round and congrats to the round winners and to Phil, Orakei and Bunyip for the series placings.

Mark, a big thanks to you for getting this series off the ground and for all the work you have put in over the years. I remember that day when you were at our place and when I showed you my little Matich you told me that it would be a good car to enter in your proxy. That was my first ever proxy entry. I don't know whether to thank you or not :lol:

Thanks again to everyone who helped at every round throughout. It has always been a fun series and I hope Mac will run with it next year and keep it going.

Cheers

Alan Stubbings

Congrats to winners and to you Mark for running such a great event. Like Stubbo it was my introduction to proxy racing 2 years ago and it has been a great learning curve. I thought the two Taranaki entries did very well with Trent's 5th overall and my 5th on handicap with B class car. This year I hope to enter 3 such events. My second go at Oz Rally and hopefully Tasman Cup.

It has also been great experience to run 3 of the rounds over the last 2 years.

Re the future it sounds like you are taking over Mac. I hope you seriously consider continuing Canam as I was hoping to modify my McLaren M6a next year making it a bit easier to drive. To date apart from rear tyres, Slot-it spur gear and a bit of weight it has been standard Revell. Must admit however it would be good to see some new blood.

Re Trent's McLaren M20 I actually built car then gave it to Trent to tune up the tyres as a way of encouraging him into event. Hopefully he and others will build their own cars for future events. I am honored that you think it is a design with some merit. Have to say however that there was a fairly fatal flaw with Carrera McLaren M20. The guide post was almost straight under the front axle. I decided on the guide alteration after consulting Mark but in effect it just achieved what Mark did by using HRS chassis. Like yourself I like to try and retain as much of original as possible.

Back to the future I was about to order my new Canam car for next year. Think I still will and hope you continue with same series. Either way they are great to race.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

Green Acres Slot Racing Group

New Plymoputh, Taranaki, NZ

Thanks to all involved in running this round and a great run again with my car.

Thanks Mark for coming up with a great event, it has been a pleasure to be involved. The event has gone well even under some very difficult times.

I hope some can continue with it is some form.I hope all the entrants and hosts have enjoyed it.

Mark PM sent re the Tassie cars.

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

Congrads to Phil for again showing us how to build a winning proxy car, also congrads to Bunyip whose car just kept on getting better.

Thanks again to the Napier team for running another great round.

Special thanks to Mark for setting the ground work for proxy racing in NZ and running the last 4 yrs - you have earned the break.

As always, it's been a great experience as a host and a competitor, there is always something new to learn.

Being involved with Can-am for the last 4 yrs, a change of class would be a welcomed break to refresh the interest - how about 60's to 70's Le-Mans?

Orakei Racer

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast!

Thanks to all the round hosts and Mark for organizing - a very well run series.

I have to apologise for the terrible car that I sent - I could give you every excuse under the sun but anyways......

I must admit my interest is aroused with Orakei Racer's refresh comments about Le-Mans 60/70's - have a nice porsche 917k sitting here that is looking for some TLC. I might even put in a decent effort this time.

Mark

Thanks to Mark for the great organization, the track hosts and drivers, congrats to Phil, all the round winners and the podium winners.

I have thouraly enjoyed this series and hope to be a part of the NZ Proxy in whatever form it takes in the future.

What have I learnt in my first ever proxy?

1- I need a bit more speed.

2- I need more grip.

3- A smooth car is good car to drive.

4- I need to take a drive to Hobart and take some lessons on how to build a winning car from Phil.

As my car needed better grip can I ask what sort of tyres everyone was using?

Thanks again Mark and enjoy your trip, see some of you guys in some other proxies.

Shane

Stella job done Mark ! Well done !

Thanks to all involved in the round and the series.

Congrates to Phil on the round win... again and on the overall. Well done to Mike and Bunyip too !

You can mail my car back with Alans and Bunyips. :)

"Me Auntie's a Jack !!!"

That's cool guys. It's been a pleausre and a privilege to concoct a series that people all felt they bought into and had ownership of. And which went on with so much good spirit built around it.

Had planned to start sending Friday and finish tomorrow, but other events have overtaken my week.

Daughter moved into the wee flat we bought on her behalf at auction, which doesn't come with the normal warranties of negotiated purchase. Last occupants had sabotagued a few things, poured wax down sinks, sewerage blocked solid - now have a 1.5 metre hole in back yard, missling lights and fittings, electric garage door jammed, oven busted . . and no Grant to help me with the wee dramas that arose - as per the thread in our club forum area.

Close mate's marriage went pear shaped this week as well . . . been a bit full on for us.

Well done to Phil and the other place getters for the final round .. and also the serise win .... Big thanks to you Mark for all the hard work you have put into the Proxy series over the last 4 years .. I have only been involved with the last 2 , as a host and as a host and competitor ... It has been fun .... Look forward to what ever happens for 2013 proxy series .... Thanks to all the other clubs that hosted rounds , and to all the guys that entered cars to make the proxy series what it is ... Fun and a Challenge ....

Wazza..

Hi Guys

just finished packing all the cars. A couple left on courier, rest by courier or Air post tomorrow... will take about a week to [mainland] Australia, maybe a little longer to Malaysia and tassie...

and I have a drivers head left over..... *&!@$^$*&!@%!*& #^&@#^^ I know I packed one loose head with Chenglaw's car . . . so unsure who owns this head.

it may be from a tassie entry, as I was only looking to check for one head per car.....

So holler if you get a car back - with a driver's head missing, and I'll mail it to you.

Cars arrived safely, thanks Mark.

Will strip them down, service and rebuild them - then good to go again.

Orakei Racer

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast!

Car arrived today, very happy it is in one piece, apart from some paint missing it looks as good as the day it left. Thanks again Mark and to all involved hope to send a car to NZ again next year.

Both cars, Yuen Loong's Auto Coast and my Ford G7A, arrived back home safely today with my driver holding his head in his lap! Thanks, Mark for what has been a fun 3 years of Can Am proxy racing and to everyone else who made the events possible. :P

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.