←  V8 Supercar Tipping Competition

Auslot Forums

»

V8 Tipping For Round 10 - Sandown

miveson's Photo miveson 09 Sep 2012

5 days to go... bump, bump..... Tander is on fire for this race.

truckslot's Photo truckslot 09 Sep 2012

Yngwie, on 27 August 2012 - 02:54 PM, said:

Just a question about sandown 500.When i went to do my tips it had as usual the format sats race,sun race.Sandown has 2 qualifying races on sat then the 500 on sunday.Format for Sandown is different than the usual rounds so do we need different tips form for Sandown & Bathurst.When will tips close as fridays first practice is 11.15 am.If i remember rightly both qualifying races feature both drivers for there car to get starting grid for sunday.

SlotsNZ's Photo SlotsNZ 10 Sep 2012

oh darn, . . . did I do mine . . . mark, can you see?

miveson's Photo miveson 10 Sep 2012

Your quite right Truckslot - 2 qualifying sessions on Saturday of 20min each and one race Sunday. This will mean that whatever tipsters picked for race 1 will be used for Sandown.

Mark - I'm unable to view the tips (speak to Yngwie if you need to know whether you have or haven't).

Yngwie's Photo Yngwie 10 Sep 2012

Just saw this. Yeah, will have to scrap Race 2 results as obviously there is none!

bov's Photo bov 10 Sep 2012

Hey Guys,

Just to make it clear for me - we should only make picks for Pole on Sunday's Race (e.g the Results of Qualifying Race 2); and Win & Top 3 of the Race on Sunday?

It took me a while to work how the whole qualifying process for this weekend works - the regular 20min qualifying session sets the grid for Qualifying Race 1, which is co-drivers only.

The results of Qualifying Race 1 sets the grid for Qualifying Race 2, which is regular drivers only.

The results of Qualifying Race 2 solely sets the grid for Sundays race.... whereas in recent years the results of the two qualifying races on Saturday were combined to form Sunday's 500km starting grid.....

So, we just make 5 Tips relating to Sunday's race?

miveson's Photo miveson 10 Sep 2012

Just to make it clear for me - we should only make picks for Pole on Sunday's Race (e.g the Results of Qualifying Race 2); and Win & Top 3 of the Race on Sunday?

Bang on....

Mobbzee's Photo Mobbzee 10 Sep 2012

well now im confused...ive put mine in already
oh well whatever you decide

SlotsNZ's Photo SlotsNZ 11 Sep 2012

done, or done again . . .

Kenny's Photo Kenny 11 Sep 2012

I just tipped the same Saturday and Sunday, so however the points are distributed, I should be OK.

truckslot's Photo truckslot 12 Sep 2012

miveson, on 10 September 2012 - 07:10 AM, said:

Your quite right Truckslot - 2 qualifying sessions on Saturday of 20min each and one race Sunday. This will mean that whatever tipsters picked for race 1 will be used for Sandown.

Mark - I'm unable to view the tips (speak to Yngwie if you need to know whether you have or haven't).
Thankyou Miveson good to have that cleared up.

bov's Photo bov 12 Sep 2012

I followed Kenny's lead, and just put the same wild guesses in twice...

miveson's Photo miveson 16 Sep 2012

No update as nobody picked the pole sitter (it was a bit of a surprise).

Mobbzee's Photo Mobbzee 16 Sep 2012

miveson, on 16 September 2012 - 08:35 AM, said:

No update as nobody picked the pole sitter (it was a bit of a surprise).

gizzy is the guy i barrack for and even i didnt pick him...he hasnt been showing any form

Stone brothers went back to using some older parts and it's paid dividends (for now). I really don't see the point of pole positions for an Enduro - whilst the championship leaders will have to work through the field they'll easily do it.

Posted Image

Kenny's Photo Kenny 16 Sep 2012

YEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Many thanks to Miveson for looking after us even when we enter our tips with the default Cleveland identifier.

A few changes at the top - can you tell?????????????????????????? (unsure why Flyer is not highlighted in Green but anyways).

There isn't much in it.... roll on Bathurst - again double points for the Enduro rounds.