Round 9 - Manx Rally - Part 2

slotcarmann

OOOps.... :blink:;):o

As a result of a clerical error/brainfade/senior moment etc,

Join the club :wacko:

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark doesn't appear to be on line - flick them to me if you like.

Mark can still use them for the points update etc

Cheers Mel

Edited by Ontheflipside

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

The suspense is killing me. Or maybe its the excitement of wasting a day at a wedding expo. Ugh!

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Oh poop!

The Koonara car is obviously not a fan of Isle of Man. Or perhaps it's too much of a fan and is busy sight seeing. That's a shocker!

Congrats to those who keep cropping up in the Stage points.

I see Ben has moved to Tasi again.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Thanks Mark, do you have an alarm on your phone when you get an email :P

Good to see a few changes in the order again but that "Souvlaki guy" is still causing some concern ;)

It just goes to show how the variations in performance/luck throw the placings around. LPV got a 9th and 16th yet it still gave me an 8th position so far in this round.

Congrats to mtucker666, Alexis and Ben_M for podium positions on this stage. FerraiF40 did well to get a 5th and that Brama car pulled it out of the bag again with a 6th. Well done Dave (slotcarmann) to be in 3rd position at the moment too.

I think more about slot cars now than I did about sex when I was sixteen.

logoforsignatureonSFI.png incorporating the Italian round of logoforWRP_zpsc822e290.jpg

...this is the BIG one!

3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th October 2013

Castello delle Forme, Umbria, Italy

The weather is dry this morning, so slicks for the tarmac Manx Hill Climb, to be run in the reverse direction today.

Chris Priest has added a cattle grid over the weekend, so that should be interesting too, especially for the wider cars.

Andy White probably will be driving again today, with Steve Morrow and I as marshals. Also possible back-up from Mike Buss and Mike Dove.

The cars will run in overnight order from 42nd to 1st, so again this will be the killer stage - with Me, Alexis and Matt T the last three to go...!

Good luck all and more news later.

I have loads of photos and video clips from yesterday, but not had a chance to do anything with them as yet.

Cheers

Dave

Had a disappointing day today so that makes it a lot better. Thanks for the massive effort that you are putting in.

Im leaving this little island (Vanuatu, not Tasmainia ;) ) at sparrows tomorrow so ill have to wait until I get back to the freezing cold to see the results.

Edited by Ben_M

Some slot (and MTB) vids NOW SHOWING

Well Ben, you did fairly OK today and so did some of the others. :)

Round 9 is all over now, so I will get the results knocked into shape and off to Mark asap.

Usual batch of droppers and climbers so it wasn't necessarily exactly as the overnight top 12 leaderboard would have suggested.

I have photos of the Stage 3 podium cars and also of the top four cars overall - there was only 0.68 seconds between the top 3 and 1.47 seconds between 1st and 4th.

The top car on the day was from Down Under...! :o

The top car overall for Round 9 was from....well, I'm not going to tell you, I'll keep you in suspense a bit longer, I think! :lol:

During the week I will take some photos on the Manx Hill Climb and some more videos of the cars, but I ran out of space on my memory card today. :ph34r:

I have loads of photos and video clips already, but will deal with those during the week.

It's been a lot of fun being involved in organising two Rounds and I'd like to thank all the team for their help - Andy, Barbara, Mike Buss, Steve Morrow, Doug, Brian Harrison and Dave Kneale - thanks folks, it couldn't have happened without you all.

Bye for now

Dave

Great job Dave, and congratulations to all the winners, and a big thank you to all the helpers and organizers, It's been a huge task this year with 42 runners, and not to be entered into lightly ..... many thanks

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

I think you'll find we all entered into this before we knew there were going to be 42 entries Gaz. Never mind, I would've done it anyway, and I'm sure we all would.

I think more about slot cars now than I did about sex when I was sixteen.

logoforsignatureonSFI.png incorporating the Italian round of logoforWRP_zpsc822e290.jpg

...this is the BIG one!

3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th October 2013

Castello delle Forme, Umbria, Italy

11th place, wow my car does love plastic tracks, seems the crazy motors magentic force hides the cars other issues that show up on the board tracks.

Well done to all the round and overall winners, and congrats to the team running this round. Just a wonderful event.

Find me at Card Guys for custom trading cards