Round 9 - Manx Rally - Part 2

slotcarmann

Wow. Aussie invasion for the last stage. Top 6 cars. How bizarre. I think it's probably an appropriate time for an:

Aussie Aussie Aussie

Sorry, I don't know what came over me there.

Congratulations Ben, Dave and Gary for the stage results. And to Ben, Alexis and Dave C for the Round points. Go Team Mitsi!

Huge congratulations to Dave and the Max team for running the two rounds over a massive couple of weekends. Enormous effort.

But damn. Home ground advantage has been enough to get Dave up and over. The tie has been broken and Dave swarms ahead. Bugger!

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Series results have been updated - biggest mover and shaker is Ben M moving up a whopping 5 places. Can anyone catch Alexis in the last 4-5 rounds?

2012_SCXP_R9.jpg

The frogs manufacturers are tied at the top of the manufacturer leader board along with the Aussies - it does imply that Aussies buy French cars for performance but I doubt that very much.

2012_SCXP_R9_Rank.jpg

A huge thanks to Dave for running R9 - a great effort and in such good spirit - well done.

Congratulations to the Manx Rally (Round 9 winners) Ben, Alexis & Dave

BenMGantry.jpg

Alexis.jpg

Slotcarman.jpg

Dave has shown with a 5th and 2 8th's in this round that you do not need the quickest car to be on the podium (3rd)

Congratulations to those finishing 4th to 42nd - without us the guys above wouldn't look so good :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just need a quick 100 points and I could be in with a chance. :P;)

Also a big thanks to Dave and his club crew for running a very good round so quickly and efficiently.perfecthp5.gif

Now the cars will head back over to the bigger Island

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

1st place in the non podium cars

1st place in Team Umbria

2nd place ROE

3rd place Citroen C4

2nd place of those who didn't gain or lose a position overall

Oh, and highest placed car with 55 on it

I'm on a roll!!!! :D

Congrats to all the bastards that beat me and many thanks to those that didn't, and to Dave Capelen and crew for two fantastic rounds. Sit back and have a rest now you guys.

Edited by Graham Lane

I think more about slot cars now than I did about sex when I was sixteen.

logoforsignatureonSFI.png incorporating the Italian round of logoforWRP_zpsc822e290.jpg

...this is the BIG one!

3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th October 2013

Castello delle Forme, Umbria, Italy

What rounds are left to go?

Greece & Italy &

One more in the UK then Greece & Italy and back to OZ for the Bathurst 1000 (yes 1000 meters) There are two more (Denmark and Norway) scheduled but unlikely we will run them due to timing

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Damn. It'd be nice to run the far north rounds. Nice to be able to say that I'd at least had a car there.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Damn - my car would surely have won in Norway - it would fit in perfectly.... shame on the organisers for robbing me of a chance to move from being one of the six (6) entrants without a finish inside the top 15 or a stage 1, 2 or 3 to an entrant revelling in the glory of points allocation.

To Dave and all the gang ,a big thanks. You've done well , just not with my car :blink: . The rungs on this ladder are getting mighty slippery as I seem to be heading south quickly. To the winners of all stages and most of all the overall winners ,congrats and you suck :o:D . Devious ,its good to see your car up on a stage win finally. Might have to offer Mr Rossi a bit more Euro's to see if he can improve my position any better. My sentiment exactly Miv as my previous Scx cars I've sent have done well in Norway, damn those organisers ^_^:P .

Cheers Craig

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

:o This is the first I've heard of this! No Denmark or Norway...because of timing! Everything is running to schedule. Is all this excitement to be curtailed? It's a bit like going to bed with a gorgeous rampant blonde and she gets up to go to work just before the end.

I get it. It's a conspiratorial plot. We prepare our cars for a final burst of victory on slippery Scandinavian rally tracks and those in the lead, from warmer climes, bribe the organisers to cancel the final rounds so we don't get a chance. I'm going to throw my toy cars out of my pram.

Edited by Graham Lane

logoforsignatureonSFI.png incorporating the Italian round of logoforWRP_zpsc822e290.jpg

...this is the BIG one!

Can anyone catch Alexis in the last 4-5 rounds?

Nothing is over until it's over.

Congratulatuions to Ben and Dave for the podium.

A big thank you to Dave and gang for another great round.

UK then Greece & Italy and back to OZ for the Bathurst 1000 (yes 1000 meters) There are two more (Denmark and Norway) scheduled but unlikely we will run them due to timing

I thought that Greece was after Isle of Man

gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg

I thought that Greece was after Isle of Man

No, they swapped the rounds in the UK and there is still Norfolk to do. Then it's over to you in Greece Alexis. Then it's over to me. Then it seems I may be sending them over to Australia instead of Denmark.

...this is the BIG one!

FerrariF40 is the next host at Norwich I think. I do believe he's still putting the final touches on his track.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

I'm sure he is Ember, that's his style. I fondly remember him dremelling his car in the pits just hours before the start of Early Birds last year.

...this is the BIG one!

I think your right Embs, Norfolk next.

It's amazing how your performance is loosely grouped with a few other cars. Broadly speaking, I was in step with several others - did well together in round 8 and badly together in round 9.

Didn't slide down in the overall championship, so quite happy all told.

wosautos12.gif

And I thought I had a dodgy motor :rolleyes: Very happy to pick up my first win for this years proxy. Condolences to Matt, I thought you had it in the bag, well done to the others up the top with me (it was very close). Moving up to second overall is pretty cool as well :D

Well done slotcarman for your 2 big weeks, I think you did pretty good ;) . Looking forward to the pics.

Some slot (and MTB) vids NOW SHOWING

Thanks guys for all the effort that goes into putting on a round, job well done. I'm still confounded by the roller coaster rides my car seems to be taking from one stage to the next. Cheers to the winners.

Regards

Rico

Edited by reek455

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

Oscar Wilde

Thanks guys for all the effort that goes into putting on a round, job well done. I'm still confounded by the roller coaster rides my car seems to be taking from one stage to the next. Cheers to the winners.

Regards

Rico

Yeah, what he said B)

CHEERS

GARRY

HOKEY POKEY ANONYMOUS ....... A PLACE WHERE YOU CAN TURN YOURSELF AROUND

So far we've had 7 different winners from the 9 rounds run, but the most consistent car has been Alexis' Skoda, which now has a 46 point lead over it's nearest rival, and 4 points in the fight for second

With 4 rounds still to go, there is still a chance to catch Alexis, albeit a slim one, the pressure is now all on him to maintain his lead.

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

As a proxy virgin, I've been amazed at the variety of finishing positions for the vast majority of cars. Even the big changes between rounds 8 and 9 saw some big moves - even just seeing Glencrutchery Road run in the opposite direction threw up a lot variations in placings. I'm hooked!

wosautos12.gif