Sign in to follow this  
Matt K

What Cars Will Work On My Digital Track?

I have a large scalextric digital set up and a good amount of friends who have been racing with me. We are wanting to run Nascar as a class, but scalextric only has a few nascars. I know other companies have digital cars, especially SCX who makes a ton of Nascars, but what do I have to do to get them to work on Scalextric. My DPR cars all take the digital chip that just plugs in. Do other companies make cars that will take the scalextric chips? Thanks for any knowlege and help!

Matt

I guess I need to know if other cars can be made to work and what it would take to do this. Also, I am moderately skilled with a soldering iron and some basic modeling. Thanks again for help!

Matt

If you can fit a Scaley Retro F1 or Saloon chip in them and they have a motor size 21000rpm or less they will work even slotit cars with scaley chips. If you dont want to use Scaley Nascars imo the best Nascars of the lot (i know limited paintjobs) then my next choice would be Carrera Nascars before SCX

Check out North Brisbane Slotcar Racing: http://northbrisslots.forumotion.com

This video shows the removal of the 'ferrite man'. This is a needed piece of kit to improve reliability. Do not remove it if you want good reliability.

The discussion about the reversing of the yellow/green wires if the car goes backwards is wrong. It has no effect on digital chips - the chip will sort out the input for both analog and digital. Its the motor output which is important here. Any reverse running of the motor is caused by the red/black wires being reversed.

Ian

Linux: A '90s reincarnation of a '80s Operating System based on a '70s design philosophy

InCar-PRO: Chip Main Page