Nz Canam Proxy 2012 - Race Round 7

SlotsNZ

Mike, without looking at the car, the nasty bounce is typical of a tire that is unglued.

There will something allowing flex/movement that is causing the hop.

The front end seemed to behave well, with nose down and the guide firmly in the slot.

The motor was still responsive too.

Just had a thought, could be the motor mount has come loose, was only held to the chassis with 2 pot glue.

Mark, could you check this.

If not this, sounds like may not be worth running the last round if it has more hop than a rodeo horse.

Regards

Orakei Racer

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast!

Hi Mike

I'll go over the cars here next week. It may be easiest if the good Doctor Tom takes a smll points hit to fix whatever I find when I crack it open.

He can pay me in Thai curry next time I'm up :lol::D:P

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Chris

would you like me to open it up and look for the origin of the noise - (no points "charge" for that) - if I find anything obviously wrong inside I'll let you know, and you can decide if you want me to take the scalpel and surgical string to it.

cheers

mark

- I won't be running a proxy series in 2013, as I am planning a decent chunk of time away in Europe, - including some visits to "miniature race engineering workshops" in Italy and Spain - But I have already spoken with one of our club guys, who is willing to take up the baton and run a 2013 series - Class and any rule mods will be his provence.

More on that later.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

(The cars all looked cool on the track. Some were a pleasure to drive. Some were a handful. My fave car of the night was hgpanels Ferrari. Not the fastest car but the sweetest in my book. It ran smoother than in qualifying. I think Munter shared my view.)

Thanks to the drivers and congrats to the podium winners, It's nice to know my little 612 is a nice driver, might have to try a bigger motor for next time.

Thanks

Shane

Edited by hgpanel