1St Attempt At A Digital Routed Track

manicman

1st attempt at a routed table!

I started off with a digital plastic scalextric track but soon got sick and tired of with the track warping and connectivity issues.

So I decide to go and build a routed track with the scalextric 6 car power base and lane changes incorporated into it. Best decision I made!

I completed all the routing by hand and a simple jig I made which connected to the base of the router. This made it very easy to complete nice smooth round corners.

Track length came in at 24m giving me lap times in the low 7 sec.

Magnabraid was the no brainer choice. Cost a little bit more but gave me the option to run magnetic and non- magnetic racing.

Track surface is ferrodor.

I still plan to put two more lane changes into the track. Have not decided where to put them but any ideas would be great.

Pit lane to go in.

Have orderd the SSDC network cable from colin in UK and will be running the after market race management system on the laptop as soon as it arrives.

Scenery started but still have a long way to go.

Very happy with results so far and I am enjoying the hrs. of racing pleasure.

Any ideas to improve as still learning the game.

Addicted to slot cars now.

Picture596.jpg

DSC_0320.jpgDSC_0317.jpg

DSC_0329.jpg

DSC_0319.jpg

Great track you have there , thats one of the best 2 lane routered layouts I have ever seen . good run off space , good table height for the kids to use ( marshalling for the Dads ) nice flow to the track without anything too tight that usually causes deslots and nice long straights , well done

• 3 weeks later...

Looks great

Have you got any photos of the connection from braid to power base,

I am having a power problem but then I am using copper tape, digi cars are running very erratically .

Will be going to magnabraid soon but like to get ideas for connectivity.

I soldered the braid to power base rails.

I also have multiple power taps on the track which come up from under the table and are soldered to the underside of the braids.

I pulled the power base apart carefully and sourced the power from the base for the power taps.

Any poor connections or break in circuit will cause erratic control of cars. With copper tape u will continuously have issues with the tape breaking/ cracking therefor causing the erratic control you are having. Braid will solve this problem. I will try and post photos