22 replies to this topic

#1 chrisfromcrewe

Grumpy old sod

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts
  • Location:Coleraine, Northern Ireland, province of the United Kingdom

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:53 PM

Hey guys just to let you know the Olympics have just started. GB currently in 3rd spot not bad for a country that only wins medals sitting down.

Australia currently in 19th behind Kazakhstan, Cuba and two Korea's And New Zealand of course. Still plenty of time to catch up.

Enjoy.

PC now switched off to avoid abuse.

Vlad Rasputin coming soon to a country near you.

#2 Mobbzee

VW Bug Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:07 PM

and here i was hoping it was nearly finished

#3 dangermouse

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:15 PM

:lol:

is that what all the fuss is....good to hear there is something happening in the world that will be a bit cheery for you lot.....

see it isn't all bad after all - no sun, dodgy economy (least we know why now) terrible weather - at least you have a few gold medal heroes.... not like us bunch over under achievers from downunder

cheers
DM

#4 truckslot

truck racer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:18 PM

hey

View Postchrisfromcrewe, on 05 August 2012 - 06:53 PM, said:

Hey guys just to let you know the Olympics have just started. GB currently in 3rd spot not bad for a country that only wins medals sitting down.

Australia currently in 19th behind Kazakhstan, Cuba and two Korea's And New Zealand of course. Still plenty of time to catch up.

Enjoy.

PC now switched off to avoid abuse.
turn it back on its all in fun.HEY DONT MENTION SOUTH AFRICA IN THE CRICKET HEY.You changed sports quick.SSSHHHH dont mention the cricket between poms & south africa.c'mon it's all fun good for a laugh & a sledge.

#5 truckslot

truck racer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:38 PM

problem with the olympics is wrong time of the year really for most of us in aust.business end of our nrl & afl seasons & the v8 supercars are in full flight in the series.Great day had by all at QLD raceway for the Ipswich round.Great sunny day with good racing.More a Ford man but most like Lowndes like i do great racing by him.We all loved his burnout on the hill to celebrate his win.

#6 jazzbell

Team NSR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

Hey Chris love my sports and it does not bother me one bit that the soap dodgers are doing well. It's all good.

In saying this the Uk has a population of 62 million people compared to our pissy 22 million people so the odds should favour the poms in being able to pick decent athletes.

regards shane a

team thunderbird
21 x Australian National champion

#7 Ember

Possible diorama queen

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,007 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:36 PM

Well. As a happy resident of the Third Island, all I can say is "Go team NZ!" :D
Computers. They'll never catch on.

Posted Image

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

#8 lenny broke

7th runner up 1978 South Australian Womp Championship

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:27 PM

Saw this on a newspaper banner yeterday.............Sliver is the new Gold.

Look at this, way we've been first runner up in a lot this year.
home track club racer

#9 chrisfromcrewe

Grumpy old sod

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:57 PM

There might be more of us but judging by the economy there are a lot of us doing nothing. What about Bradley Wiggins, true brit Born in Belgium, English mother and Australian father.

At least our performance will guarantee the four-yearly ritual humiliation by our enemies and all those we brought pain, misery and prosperity to over the past 200 years will be put on hold for another 4 years.

Oh no !!!!!!!!!!!!! down to 24th now. behind Belarus population under 10 million. When will this nightmare end.

Edited by chrisfromcrewe, 06 August 2012 - 07:43 PM.

#10 Mohawkk

prettiest rally car 2011-12

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:33 PM

My highlight so far has been the Brisbane paper calling the koreas, naughty and nice
Love,
Kai Posted Image

#11 chrisfromcrewe

Grumpy old sod

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:00 PM

How about when the North Korean football team came onto the pitch and the TV screen introducing the players showed the South Korean flag. They said we did it deliberately.

Which we probably did. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ps just seen two Australian canoeists get to a final. Apparently they have improved immensely since a great white was slipped into the boating lake.

Just seen it......................Auszealand. add the medals together. Why not do a deal with the Koreans and form Korozealand. That should put you up the table a bit.

Germans have just registered a complaint about Team GB cycling team. Apparently our wheels are going around faster than their wheels.

Our cycling team now has more gold medals than 65 countries.

Boy have we waited for this .

Edited by chrisfromcrewe, 07 August 2012 - 04:00 AM.

#12 rsclio

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:28 AM

Chris,
Let's see how your lot do on smaller wheels on dirt on Friday
Cheers
Mike

Diamo Stages

#13 truckslot

truck racer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:54 PM

View Postchrisfromcrewe, on 06 August 2012 - 10:00 PM, said:

How about when the North Korean football team came onto the pitch and the TV screen introducing the players showed the South Korean flag. They said we did it deliberately.

Which we probably did. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ps just seen two Australian canoeists get to a final. Apparently they have improved immensely since a great white was slipped into the boating lake.

Just seen it......................Auszealand. add the medals together. Why not do a deal with the Koreans and form Korozealand. That should put you up the table a bit.

Germans have just registered a complaint about Team GB cycling team. Apparently our wheels are going around faster than their wheels.

Our cycling team now has more gold medals than 65 countries.

Boy have we waited for this .
auszealand ha ha could never go for the sheep as they support every other country in sport against us australians(just jealous of australia,funny ssssooooo many come to live here )must of been a sheep who put the idea of auszealand in your head.The sheep need us so we dont cut the cable under the tasman from us that stops them from floating down to antartica.
But chris dont mention the cricket eng v the south africans hey,you very quiet about that.Before any of you sheep have a go remember the cable under the tasman ha ha.

#14 truckslot

truck racer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:01 PM

I used to work with this sheep who always said when the poms beat us at anything he was happy.He said this was due to them being the south pacific poms.Funny that they dont sound anything like u poms.Anyway you kiwi's are alright we like you thats why we keep the cable attached.

#15 chrisfromcrewe

Grumpy old sod

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:38 AM

Not sure why but reading your posts Jason leaves me exhausted.

Yorkshire population 5.3 million now have more medals than Australia. That will please Geoffrey Boycott who has just been made president. ( Yorkshire Cricket club not county that is ).

Cricket is doing fine. We'll beat the sweet S A's in the final test. And a bonus, Ireland are playing South Africa A touring side here in Coleraine next week. And it's free entrance....... Just the weather to sort out.

#16 truckslot

truck racer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:49 AM

View Postchrisfromcrewe, on 08 August 2012 - 12:38 AM, said:

Not sure why but reading your posts Jason leaves me exhausted.

Yorkshire population 5.3 million now have more medals than Australia. That will please Geoffrey Boycott who has just been made president. ( Yorkshire Cricket club not county that is ).

Cricket is doing fine. We'll beat the sweet S A's in the final test. And a bonus, Ireland are playing South Africa A touring side here in Coleraine next week. And it's free entrance....... Just the weather to sort out.
funny.
Hope Yorkshire move quicker than Boycott batted or no work would ever be completed on time.
Dont be so sure about the last test they are a very good team.

#17 truckslot

truck racer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:38 PM

so chris are you irish or pom or are you not sure?or are you a tony greig who doesnt know & changes from day to day?you cant be both or are you.I see K.P. is probally retiring after next test over politics in the team,if that is the case then the slide for the pom cricket team will begin.I think it already has started.

#18 truckslot

truck racer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:48 AM

A big thrashing handed to your u/19 poms in the u/19 world cup in Townsville over the weekend by the aussies.Watched it on fox the slide is starting.Quiet about that chris.

#19 chrisfromcrewe

Grumpy old sod

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:13 PM

Sadly I think you are grasping at straws. Your boys and girls are coming home today after a great games. Not one asked for asylum. Unlike the whole
Cameroon team who have relocated to Bristol.

BTW I'm actually Welsh by birth but raised in England and now reside in Northern Ireland. Nationality is no more than a state of mind.

As Dr Johnson said,

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. He also said "Is not the Giant's-Causeway worth seeing?" "Worth seeing, yes; but not worth going to see."
He got that right as well.

#20 truckslot

truck racer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:22 PM

View Postchrisfromcrewe, on 13 August 2012 - 06:13 PM, said:

Sadly I think you are grasping at straws. Your boys and girls are coming home today after a great games. Not one asked for asylum. Unlike the whole
Cameroon team who have relocated to Bristol.

BTW I'm actually Welsh by birth but raised in England and now reside in Northern Ireland. Nationality is no more than a state of mind.

As Dr Johnson said,

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. He also said "Is not the Giant's-Causeway worth seeing?" "Worth seeing, yes; but not worth going to see."
He got that right as well.
no straws current scores sports moves on everyday .Olympics yesterdays news.Was a great games of what i saw & my brother who was there said the same so congrads on that.Not better than Sydney but a great one anyway.No asylum as living in our great country nothing compares.
Joking only but very similar to Tony {egg} Greig as in birth,raised & current location.No where like home & i am sure most would think that, so enjoy.Good on ya it's been fun as i am sure it will be again in the future.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users