Sign in to follow this  
Matt K

Race Management Software

What race management software would everyone suggest to use with scalextric digital? I have some 2 lane areas, some 3 lane, some 4 lane, some 5 lane and some 6 lane areas on the track. I have a digital pit lane game and I am ordering a pit pro. I want to run several types of races and time trials as well. I just want to know the pros and cons of the systems and what everyone is using!

Thanks for the help,

Matt

I would always recommend SSD Console by Andy Wallace. Why? Because Andy was part of the team working with Scalextric to get the system working ahead of the release of the C7042. So his software really exploits all of the features and capabilities of the system.

PCLapCounter is also pretty good, and maybe less focussed on features but more focussed on club racing.

gallery_4291_493_4007.jpg

.............................PM me for C7042 Aux to PC cables............or Pit-Pro...

I was a huge SSDC fan till about 9 months ago. I changed to PC Lapcounter because I like the penalty feature, Ie. if you cause a track call you have to come in and do a stop and go penalty

Andy said he would add this feature months ag but nothing yet that I have found. Also the support with PCLC is awsome usally a response in 1 day sometimes 2

PCLC is always updating GUY the creator of the program is very responsive to suggestions and is very good at implenting changes on a regular basis.

Yes SSDC is a simplier program to get up and running , but PCLC is far mre rich in feature IMHO........rick

Does pclc do fuel burn and integrate with pit pro, I am unsure on that one, I like Race coordinator digital as it has all the penalties, it works with pit pro or can simulate pits and fuel burn without pitpro, does different race formats and championship points, results are easily exported to excel and is simple to setup , UI's can be customized, fixed pace cars atm and support for scorpius wireless controllers and more features still yet to come, Dave also is quick to sort out issues. I also use SSDC aswell sometiPpmes

Check out North Brisbane Slotcar Racing: http://northbrisslots.forumotion.com

PCLC does fuel burn and works with pit-pro, it has penalties, can simulate fuel burn without pit pro, you can set your own point values, results can be exported to excel, you can customize ther displays to suit your own preferences, the sound options are great as you can use each real racers voice to warn them of situations, pace cars can be set up to automatically reach a ideal lap time that you set or you can set each pace car individually. the program is free to use with just about all features as long as you like (only limit is 10 lap max)

scorpius wireless I believe is supported, but I will check and let you know for sure the web site is Pc Lapcounter.be also lots of videos on YOU TUBE. hope this helps

to buy the program outright is $75 US AND IT'S WELL WORTH IT. If you have any other question I'll try to answer them.....Rick

I checked the PCLC forum and the answer about scorpius was as follows I quote

" Scorpius decided to stop his collaboration with Pc lap Counter and therefore Pc Lap Counter will no longer supports the Scorpius Wireless system."

Pclapcounter does have fuel burn and works with pit pro and both ssdc and pclapcounter are very good. In recent times there has been an increase in programs available which gives you more descisions to make and as i have found it will depend on what your after. I have ssdc,pclapcounter,scorpius and trial for race manager and all have different unique parts that will sway you to or away. ssdc is straight up staright forward for the most part present glich accepted, and has some finer tuning points that pclapcounter at this stage does not. Pc lapcounter is also evolving with the newage of digital and has alot to it which is understandable when you look at the list of hardware it will work with so takes a little working out to get what your after (not hard) .All systems will be able to achive what you require in terms of racing , it doesnt matter which one you choose when you first boot it up it wont make sense until you play with it. best thing to do is the trial versions.

All are normally upgraded on a regular basis and some times bugs will appear in all but in most cases are sorted in a fast and profesional fashion.

cheers Glen

Edited by glengtl1

www.gtlslotcaraccessories.com