63 replies to this topic

#41 Ember

Possible diorama queen

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,238 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:06 AM

View Postreek455, on 30 July 2012 - 08:56 AM, said:

Am I missing something about how points are scored? I finished one position ahead of Alexis and had bonus points for a second in stage 2 and he out scored me for the round. Can someone explain this to me?

Rico, Bonus points are allocated for podium on each stage; 1st (3pts), 2nd (2pts) and 3rd (1pt). Overall position points are allocated from 1st to 15th. 16th and below score a single point. Therefore you score 1 point for the Round position of 16th and a 2 point bonus for the Stage 2 silver, giving a total of 3 points for the round. Alexis did not outscore you for the round. He received only 1 point for his 17th place field position.
Computers. They'll never catch on.

Posted Image

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

#42 Ben_M

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:12 AM

View Postreek455, on 30 July 2012 - 08:56 AM, said:

Am I missing something about how points are scored? I finished one position ahead of Alexis and had bonus points for a second in stage 2 and he out scored me for the round. Can someone explain this to me?

Regards
Rico

Make sure you are reading the points side of the table, not the position side. ;)
Some slot (and MTB) vids NOW SHOWING

#43 reek455

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:43 AM

Whoa, totally embarrassed, I did read the position column, oops.

Edited by reek455, 30 July 2012 - 11:43 AM.

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
Oscar Wilde

#44 miveson

Raid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:11 PM

I'll sort the manufactuers later tonight.

As for the points, I noticed some irregulararities with the results spreadsheet posted by Ian. On the series points I allocated bonus points based on Stage 1, 2 and 3 positions.

Mark

#45 Mohawkk

prettiest rally car 2011-12

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:13 PM

Mark, you a doing a great job :D
Love,
Kai Posted Image

#46 alexis in greece

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:28 PM

Thanks Malcolm Ian and gang for a great race.
I seems that my car didnt like (second)home turf,worst result so far in this series.Next time i visit Wolverhampton it seems i'll have to test on Aldersley.Or i hope it is not a sign of the motor giving up.It's a great series,seeing new faces on the podium every other round ,congratulations to Dave(slotcarman),Monte, Ember and the various stage winners and podium holders.Definitely it was not my weekend

Edited by alexis in greece, 30 July 2012 - 04:29 PM.

Posted Image

#47 miveson

Raid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:47 PM

Okey dokey - I've sorted out the manufacturers points table.

Posted Image

You can also ignore the points allocations from Ian's spreadsheet which are incorrect. The series images that shows R1-R7 has the correct points for both the timed positions and the bonus points for individual stage positions.

Mark

#48 Ember

Possible diorama queen

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,238 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:58 PM

Bugger... I'd hoped Team Mitsi had improved a bit. Poop. <_<

Posted Image

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

#49 miveson

Raid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:10 PM

You did move from 4th to 3rd.

It's those bloody French cars, there are so many of them that each round one of them seems to pickup big points.

#50 Ember

Possible diorama queen

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,238 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:19 PM

Team Mitsi is in 4th behind Team Skoda. If someone could knobble those frog cars another manufacturer might have a hope.

Posted Image

#51 slotcarmann

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:41 PM

Hi Embs

I hope I don't slip as I board the ferry - and drop a couple of French cars and a Skoda into the Irish Sea...! ;)

That would be awful, wouldn't it...? :lol:

Cheers
Dave

#52 miveson

Raid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:54 PM

Slotcarmann - there is a brown paper bag in your glove box stuffed with cash :)

I've updated the manufacturer rankings after our local mathematical genius spotted some irregularities with the rankings system. Rather than bore you to death with the details the country and manufacturer rankings have now been addressed. The results show the best score from the highest points scoring car (ignore the fact that the figures are in negatives) and the points awarded.

#53 Ember

Possible diorama queen

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,238 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:01 PM

Dave,
There's be a wad of cash taped to the back side of the lowest point of the lower left edge of car gate.
Make it happen. I'll make sure no one finds out.

Posted Image

#54 miveson

Raid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:12 PM

I also included two tickets to stiletto's for an hour of fun (you can use the tickets separately or all at once), two tickets to the Olympic table tennis qualifying heat #17 and a packet of jaffa cakes (I hope they haven't melted in the sun)

#55 rsclio

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:12 PM

Subarus need more help than the Mitsi's Embs - but make the drop
Cheers
Mike

Diamo Stages

#56 Ember

Possible diorama queen

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,238 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:19 PM

Hey Mark, I think Miau Miau is supposedly playing that day. Just as long as it's not tickets for my mate Milly in the Paralympic table tennis. You can't give those tickets away. They're too valuable.

Posted Image

#57 Ember

Possible diorama queen

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,238 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:21 PM

View Postrsclio, on 30 July 2012 - 10:12 PM, said:

Subarus need more help than the Mitsi's Embs - but make the drop

Yeah but Mike, both Dave and I are on Team Mitsi. :)

Posted Image

#58 snurfen

2015/16 WRP World Champion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:20 PM

Great club, great event, great pics. Well done and thanks.

For the non europeans, Malcolm runs a very strong junior section at Wolves and has brought on some great young racers. At the slot.it challenge in Hereford a few weeks ago, Lewis ripped the seniors apart with a great win, a feat replicated in the juniors by Ashley. Sam is now slouch either!

Biggest shock I got from the results table is STREWTH, I'M A BLOODY ORSTRALIAN! Fair dinkum and all that.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#59 slotcarmann

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:44 AM

Aah, the Doog....he'd just finished playing in 72/73 when I used to go over to Molineux and watch Wolves, with Kenny Hibbit, John Richards, Mike Bailey and Jon Parkin playing at that time - amongst others, of course....

#60 Splitrim

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:16 AM

Well done Ian and Mal, looks like you had a great time. Sorry I couldnt make it, but it looks like you had the marshalling covered. I got quite excited when I saw that my car was one of the few that didnt de-slot on Stage 3, but it was still dreadful. Thanks for all the great pics of my car btw :D

Snurf, didn't I tell you I bought my house from Steve Bull, I'm sure Dave(Slotcarmann) must know, as he paid us a visit last year. See you two At Pendle on Sunday.

Simon
Whats not to like...........

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users