3 replies to this topic

#1 jasonk1970

loose is fast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:44 PM

Hello my name is Jason.

I raced slots back in sydney in the 80's and 90's and have decided to get back inot some racing now my step son is old enough. I live in brisbane and my local track is browns plains. Had a little go back in 2007 and managed a 3rd at the australia day classis in hornsby running gtp 12.

Thinking of having a go at the plafit titles as they look like a fun can to drive, hope to catch up with some of the other guys from the past again too.

#2 first corner crash

Trevor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:44 PM

Hi Jason. I think racing Plafits in Brisbane would be good thinking. Some top builders and drivers there. If you have a commercial track background the Historics and F1 will be closer to your background. Try and get a Mini z if you can they are damn near indestructable and good fun.
4x national champion 6x national runner up. I come second most often but my girlfriends happy.

#3 Mr Ford

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:55 AM

Hi Jason : Which tracks did you race at in Sydney in the 80's and 90's ? We may know each other .

Cheers Kenny
The older I get the faster I was .

#4 jasonk1970

loose is fast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:29 AM

Home track was Hornsby before they put in the hill climb and the 1/32 track. I lost interest in racing when all the good sedan tracks went or were changed to hill climbs and kings.

I Raced at ludnam, seven hills, parramatta, blue king penrith, budgewoi, campbelltown and mount druit.

Mainly raced sedans, did a few gp15 and grip 27 races here and there. I was a really good womp driver and raced all the endurance races with mathew kelaher.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users