Round 6 Heart Of England Rally

mtucker666

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations on getting through it all for a well run round Matt. Looking forward to seeing pictures.

Congrats to the stage winners and round winners.

Gosh, hasn't the Phoeno Phoenix made a charge up the table? Rokmat too.

Congratulations to the event Directors for coming up with such a close format. It's sure making for some interesting viewing and speculation.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Oh well, 12th was not what I'd hoped for, but never mind, a long way to go.

Mind you, just held off a late charge from Lynne to be 2nd Lancer.... B)

Still, 8th overall and not much between 4th and 8th, though that pesky Tucker has appeared on the scene now.... :lol:

Well done to Matt and helper and good luck to everyone at Wolves.

Cheers

Dave

There are some very nicely setup cars and some interesting ones and some I felt like hitting. Stand out car is Alexis skoda - looks like a tank, sloppy front ale but grips and handles like a dream with a motor that is a beau. Just a bit quick for this round, leading to a few offs that gave the rest of us a chance.

Alexis - if you are willing to sell the car after then end of the proxy please contact me, would make a interesting competitor in our slot rally gb modern 4wd series which is completely dominated by modern nincos.

Phoeno29 car felt like it had a magnet in it and I had to double check it after I first ran it. Rockmat car handled nice and forgiving and was consistent, with a tad more grip would have won. Other standout cars fpv FTP focus, not the quickest but handled the course with aplomb,and aprper ford focus with rally lights et al. The seat of offs was consistent and easy to drive but it's weight took away top end and braking too much. However milestones Subaru took top weight and felt like a freight train,you needed to keep the power on all the time to get that one round in a good lap time.

Haystacks Peug (graduated orange) looks great but no grip made it a real handful.teamreds Peug looked like it was set up for the Dakar with the guide set all the way down, completely the opposite of the way I went.

Anyway the cars will be posted onto wolves now and I will rest my trigger hand!

Thanks for entrusting all your cars with me, it was a pleasure most of the time!

Stand out car is Alexis skoda - looks like a tank, sloppy front ale but grips and handles like a dream with a motor that is a beau. Just a bit quick for this round, leading to a few offs that gave the rest of us a chance.

Alexis - if you are willing to sell the car after then end of the proxy please contact me, would make a interesting competitor in our slot rally gb modern 4wd series which is completely dominated by modern nincos.

Matt i 'm honoured by your comments and your proposal but sorry,it's my first successful proxy car and it's going to sit on a shelf next to the Wolves Le Mans winning Ferrari.Then i think that rear tires do not fit the Slot rally GB rules and they make a difference. But i'd be glad to setup a copy for you, if you find one post it to my daughter in London,i'll be visiting her early October.Then you can have the car back in Novermber when i return to London.

gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg

Congrats to the podiumites . Again this format is proving itself. Good to see cars that werent good at one track doing well at another.Shows that as much as you set your car up at your home track theres always a track its not going to perform on or visa versa . To say I'm dissapointed would be an understatement but sh#t happens and we go to another track. Heres hoping it can redeem itself . Thanks to Matt and his young bloke for the running of this Proxy and hope it wasnt to costly in the hip pocket for you :D .

Cheers Craig

Edited by teamredracing

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

gallery_14_1456_33886.jpg

med_gallery_14_1456_13437.jpg

med_gallery_14_1456_44326.jpg

med_gallery_14_1456_73287.jpg

gallery_14_1456_46254.jpg

med_gallery_14_1456_11617.jpg

Reek455 car - not som much of a Allez Loeb in this round

med_gallery_14_1456_15418.jpg

the corner that was the nemisis of many a Peugeot (and many more makes)

med_gallery_14_1456_178.jpg

It is summer time here - prefer season relevant liveries next time

med_gallery_14_1456_37290.jpg

med_gallery_14_1456_7351.jpg

gallery_14_1456_38505.jpg

gallery_14_1456_11009.jpg

Murray Walker in the background did not appreciate the day-glo wheels

med_gallery_14_1456_4104.jpg

Conti's car is good but need a tad of weight to help grip - would be up there as a contender if it did

med_gallery_14_1456_52005.jpg

gallery_14_1456_18810.jpg

Blurry through poor photograhpy rather than speed

gallery_14_1456_8036.jpg

Performed as well as Mr Rossi does on his rally outings (good or poor is a matter of opinion)

med_gallery_14_1456_42153.jpg

Matt Tucker signing off from the 2012 Heart of England Rally, round 6 of the SCX World Proxy Rally Series

You really should put Ember's car closer to the edge of the table.

:rolleyes::P:D

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Well done to the podium guys and well done to Matthew and son (there's a song in there somewhere!)

I think more about slot cars now than I did about sex when I was sixteen.

logoforsignatureonSFI.png incorporating the Italian round of logoforWRP_zpsc822e290.jpg

...this is the BIG one!

3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th October 2013

Castello delle Forme, Umbria, Italy

Congrats to all the placegetters and thanks to Matt and his (overpaid) assistant.

I love it that the tracks are plastic as it gives my current Ninco rally track build a chance for next years event.

CHEERS

GARRY

HOKEY POKEY ANONYMOUS ....... A PLACE WHERE YOU CAN TURN YOURSELF AROUND

Thanks to Matt for putting on the show, good to see you got a good result for all of your effort. Well done to the top 3, im happy to be back up with some good points. Going to have to sit down one day and try and workout what sort of tracks my car like and what ones it doesn't. Its a bit hard to work out how fast your car is compared to the others when it is up and down like a yo-yo.

Some slot (and MTB) vids NOW SHOWING

Thanks to Matt and the gang for getting the round done in a timely manner. Still at a loss why my car is performing so poorly on the UK tracks but this round was a slight improvement over the last one, so I guess there's still some hope. Congrats to those on the top, well done.

Regards

Rico

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

Oscar Wilde

Thanks for the pics Matt. In Aussie dollars the young bloke done well. Like the pic of my car .

Thanks again for your participation in the Proxy and hope your in for next years. Might be able to explain the reason for your cars performance Rico. Matt didnt realise your car was setup for the wrong side of the road :huh::lol: .

Cheers Craig

Edited by teamredracing

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

I'll be participating in the event in future years, I like the format and will go with whatever the rules are.

Ben-m, I am like you, mine went well in oz, but in the canada, us and Wales it did poo. The canada and us tracks might have been a bit too open and fast for my car but the Wales tracks should have suited as they were all tight and twisty with lumps and bumps as well as smooth routed and plastic. Mine is bumpy, twisty, inclined and plastic.

Alexis, I have got my skoda octavia if you let me know the address to post it to I will do so. Quite happy to post directly to you in Greece and you can then bring it back with you when you come over.

My email is

Matthew.tucker1@virgin.net

Thanks

Matt

Mexico 2000, my son holds my slot car hobby obsession in disdain. I can't get him interested which is real shame, I might be a tad over zelous with it. As such paying him was the only way he would get involved, I had hoped it would spark an interest and I saw a glimmer when he started asking about car tuning and even got to a point when he was nearly wanting to have a go at some prepping. However it ended every day with,"this is boring, and i've earned £x, can we go to town tomorrow". Has not wanted to have a go at prepping since we've finished ! Back to the lonely but exciting cellar for some more work by myself!

We're in the same situation Matt.I used to organise a slot car championship for my son,now 17,and his friends during summer holidays,with as many as 16 participants,in an area near Athens where our summer home is.

http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34629

It lasted until 2009 ,2010 we had the loss of my sister and it was cancelled,2011 we raced just one race then this year i offered them to race the International Proxy Series cars(as we are racing round 5 tonight) but they declined.I strongly believe the reason is they have discovered girls.Maybe your son discovered them earlier.

gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg