←  Sports

Auslot Forums

»

Wow Ken Block Is Awesome

Mobbzee's Photo Mobbzee 10 Jul 2012

dont really need to say anything....just watch

Ember's Photo Ember 10 Jul 2012

I think Gymkhana 5 has only recently been released.

imugford's Photo imugford 10 Jul 2012

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=LuDN2bCIyus

awesome!
Edited by imugford, 10 July 2012 - 09:22 PM.

Ben_M's Photo Ben_M 10 Jul 2012

And not so awesome. Great show/stunt driver, but when it comes to racing, he seems to be a bit crap.......

Ontheflipside's Photo Ontheflipside 11 Jul 2012

Yes Ben, Gaz, Craig & I went to the WRC in Coffs Harbour last year. Don't think he finished too many stages but put on a bit of a show here (after the Mini)

Edited by Ontheflipside, 11 July 2012 - 12:15 AM.

manimmal's Photo manimmal 11 Jul 2012

Nice footage Ben, reminds me of how one might play a computer game, y'know, a bit mental and all over the place.....

Ember's Photo Ember 11 Jul 2012

Ontheflipside, on 11 July 2012 - 12:14 AM, said:

Yes Ben, Gaz, Craig & I went to the WRC in Coffs Harbour last year. Don't think he finished too many stages but put on a bit of a show here (after the Mini)
I think that's part of his problem. He doesn't finish too many stages.One can't argue the fact that he can handle a car, when he can have plenty of practice on a choreographed piece. Not so sure it translates to a real life situation.

SlotsNZ's Photo SlotsNZ 11 Jul 2012

heck, I thought you guys must be watrching the latest, only just glanced at the thread.

here you go..... serious air in SF

WARNING: all you mexicans . . . do NOT try this in Victoria St. or Flinders Rd. . . . . . .
(you'll see what I mean about 2:20 in)

ps/ I don't think he is TOO crap a driver, he IS a WRC driver, and in the X Games video above. the guy who beat him was Loeb.
"On July 1, 2012, Block took the Silver Medal for Rallycross at X Games XVIII behind Sébastien Loeb."

Ember's Photo Ember 11 Jul 2012

SlotsNZ, on 11 July 2012 - 11:46 AM, said:

WARNING: all you mexicans . . . do NOT try this in Victoria St. or Flinders Rd. . . . . . .
(you'll see what I mean about 2:20 in)
Will also add Sprinvale Road railway crossing at Nunawading to the list, but I think they've probably removed the fun by now. Hard to brake when in mid-air. :o

Ben_M's Photo Ben_M 11 Jul 2012

manimmal, on 11 July 2012 - 10:10 AM, said:

Nice footage Ben, reminds me of how one might play a computer game, y'know, a bit mental and all over the place.....

Lol, quite true.

This also looks like a computer game, but its just the x games (Bet it hurt a lot).

Mobbzee's Photo Mobbzee 11 Jul 2012

;) ;)
Edited by Mobbzee, 11 July 2012 - 04:13 PM.

Mobbzee's Photo Mobbzee 11 Jul 2012

heck, I thought you guys must be watrching the latest, only just glanced at the thread.

i had just watched the latest before posting, but i felt Gym 3 was a little bit more awesome

FLY in the wall's Photo FLY in the wall 11 Jul 2012

Ember, on 11 July 2012 - 11:34 AM, said:

One can't argue the fact that he can handle a car, when he can have plenty of practice on a choreographed piece.

This is the key. Isn't he an ex motocross guy. The one's who practice everyday doing jumps in their backyards etc. So yes a set piece driver. Like the stunt drivers who can pirouette their cars into a parking spot. When it comes to real world, back road driving he is outclassed by most WRC/IRC drivers.

But as their is not much rallying in the US there is more money in the X-Games/Gymkhana type shows. Horse for courses!

dejavu's Photo dejavu 12 Jul 2012

Mobbzee, on 11 July 2012 - 04:12 PM, said:

i had just watched the latest before posting, but i felt Gym 3 was a little bit more awesome
agree with you Mobzee

gazza's Photo gazza 25 May 2013

gazza's Photo gazza 18 Nov 2014

No 7 ........ 4wd 65 Mustang and 845 hp ........ let her rip Boris

i wont one

Ben_M's Photo Ben_M 19 Nov 2014

That car is insane!!

FLY in the wall's Photo FLY in the wall 19 Nov 2014

Ah, This thread is old!
Edited by FLY in the wall, 19 November 2014 - 07:54 PM.

gazza's Photo gazza 19 Nov 2014

FLY in the wall, on 19 November 2014 - 07:53 PM, said:

Ah, This thread is old!
Yes, but the new post isn't

Ember's Photo Ember 19 Nov 2014

He still can't drive when he doesn't have the opportunity to practice, practice practice beforehand.