Wow Ken Block Is Awesome

Mobbzee

Yes Ben, Gaz, Craig & I went to the WRC in Coffs Harbour last year. Don't think he finished too many stages but put on a bit of a show here (after the Mini)

http://youtu.be/YPXnTkq21MI

Edited by Ontheflipside

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Yes Ben, Gaz, Craig & I went to the WRC in Coffs Harbour last year. Don't think he finished too many stages but put on a bit of a show here (after the Mini)

I think that's part of his problem. He doesn't finish too many stages.One can't argue the fact that he can handle a car, when he can have plenty of practice on a choreographed piece. Not so sure it translates to a real life situation.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

heck, I thought you guys must be watrching the latest, only just glanced at the thread.

here you go..... serious air in SF

http://youtu.be/LuDN2bCIyus

WARNING: all you mexicans . . . do NOT try this in Victoria St. or Flinders Rd. . . . . . .

(you'll see what I mean about 2:20 in)

ps/ I don't think he is TOO crap a driver, he IS a WRC driver, and in the X Games video above. the guy who beat him was Loeb.

"On July 1, 2012, Block took the Silver Medal for Rallycross at X Games XVIII behind Sébastien Loeb."

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

WARNING: all you mexicans . . . do NOT try this in Victoria St. or Flinders Rd. . . . . . .

(you'll see what I mean about 2:20 in)

Will also add Sprinvale Road railway crossing at Nunawading to the list, but I think they've probably removed the fun by now. Hard to brake when in mid-air. :o

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

heck, I thought you guys must be watrching the latest, only just glanced at the thread.

i had just watched the latest before posting, but i felt Gym 3 was a little bit more awesome

One can't argue the fact that he can handle a car, when he can have plenty of practice on a choreographed piece.

This is the key. Isn't he an ex motocross guy. The one's who practice everyday doing jumps in their backyards etc. So yes a set piece driver. Like the stunt drivers who can pirouette their cars into a parking spot. When it comes to real world, back road driving he is outclassed by most WRC/IRC drivers.

But as their is not much rallying in the US there is more money in the X-Games/Gymkhana type shows. Horse for courses!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzp4OvXaMCA

Outside the box looking in.

------------------------------------

You don't own stuff: Stuff owns you!

Having a cold drink on hot day with a few friends is nice, but having a hot friend on a cold night after a few drinks - PRICELESS.

i had just watched the latest before posting, but i felt Gym 3 was a little bit more awesome

agree with you Mobzee

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Ah, This thread is old!

Edited by FLY in the wall

Outside the box looking in.

You don't own stuff: Stuff owns you!

Having a cold drink on hot day with a few friends is nice, but having a hot friend on a cold night after a few drinks - PRICELESS.

He still can't drive when he doesn't have the opportunity to practice, practice practice beforehand.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Allegedly SCX are planning on releasing that Mustang...

If it's 4wd and looks like that, it will sell very well...

I don't know about the Mustang. They are releasing his current rally car.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Yeah, I knew they were doing the Fiesta, and I saw the mustang on their facebook page, but it must of been someone asking them to do it, not them saying they were doing it...

The facebook translate system is terrible...

Ps. I have a crappy Carrera Mustang...

Currently I hate it... Possibly my least driven car...

It may be time for it to meet Mr Dremel and Mrs Styrene...