6 replies to this topic

#1 miveson

Raid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:55 PM

Evening,

I'm looking for an astute Cartrix collector who may be able to help me sort the treasures from the trash.

I've purchases a Mercedes W196 but have some cars that I can add to the package, I can add another 4 cars without incurring any additional postage. I obviously don't want to purchase anything that I'll be wasting my time with but it would be good to know what is worth buying and having postage (essentially free of charge).

Send me a PM and I can send through some photos/prices of cars and perhaps you might be able to assist with working out what is good/bad based on the prices that I've been given.

Cheers

Mark

#2 manimmal

I'm Rad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:14 PM

Hi Mark. I'm assuming the cars are all older? You should be able to use the stock code in a google search, ie ctx996(or something like that) to find out who 'drove' the car, and that'll give you a fair idea of desirability, I'd also be checking eBay completed listings( not dream asking prices). From my experience the w196 sells quickest, followed by the Ferrari 555. The Maserati in blue sold well, but the red ones don't. There are plenty of people who think the Curtis is great, but nobody seems to buy them. The lotus sells, but slowly, and the Aston Martin and d50 are still pretty readily available from your favorite hobby shop. The Bugatti doesn't move so quickly, the other blue thing, gordini? Is getting harder to find but may be easy on eBay or I/s in general. They do a talbot lago too, but they are quite rare, which I'm guessing you already knew...
I'm not an expert, but I get 'name' drivers normally, plus we've got some dusty maserati's at work....
My mum says I'm an excellent driver

#3 Mobbzee

VW Bug Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:25 PM

hey mark....just a thought
perhaps the sold out list at pendles could give some sort of indication
http://www.pendleslo...ody_cartrix.htm

as i say...just a thought

#4 miveson

Raid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:27 PM

Interesting stuff..... I'm going to post some pictures with prices..... which may help, I don't have reference numbers which makes things difficult. I've been following the W196's for close to a year so I've got a good idea of the price for those and probably the latest batch of collectables.

Here are the pictures/prices - I missed out on the Yelllow Offie so was always going to get one as I already have the red one.

Thanks

Mark

Edited by miveson, 10 July 2012 - 08:30 PM.

#5 Mohawkk

prettiest rally car 2011-12

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:31 AM

Mark,
If you do happen to double up on any Drop me a PM and i'll take em off your hands :D

Edit- Have a look at this thread for more info on these beautiful cars
http://www.slotforum...showtopic=62037

Edited by Mohawkk, 10 July 2012 - 08:33 AM.

Love,
Kai Posted Image

#6 dangermouse

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:48 PM

Has he got 2 Yellow Offy's I love my red one and would grab a yellow one to go with it for that sort of money :)

cheers
David

#7 miveson

Raid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:19 PM

Sadly the whole lot has fallen through so expect to see most ending up on eBay in the coming weeks. Seller was only interested in selling all 38+ of his Cartrix motors. Oh well, at the very least I've acquired one of the Merecedes W196's so it's all good in the end.

Thanks for the hints/tips and comments.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users