Matt K

Controller

I am looking for an aftermarket controller to use with my SSD set. I have a Parma that I used with analog and loved it. What would you all recommend?

Matt

What powerbase do you use? 7030 or 7042? (7042 is the newer fancier one)

Rick

The best form of satisfaction is success.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

aussieslotter,

I have the 7042 (the fancier one). I would really like something a bit nicer to use! Let me know asap!

Matt

Slot.it make a controller which comes in 2 parts - one is the handle, the other is the cartridge.

There are 2 kinds of SSD cartridge, one for earlier powerbases, and one for the 7042 powerbase.

Available everywhere in Oz, but here's one quick link

http://www.armchairracer.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25623_25626&products_id=247840

It takes a wee bit of learning to get the most from it, but stunning performance once you do.

It also includes a "ghost" mode, so you can set a car on a defined amount of power and let it rumble round the track.

I know a couple of guys who have bought 4 of them, and set them running when alone to compete against.....

Walks upright Unaided  *  Ties Own Shoelaces  *  Can Mispronounce Own Name In Five Languages  *  Mostly Aims Rattle Cans Away from Self
 My Track Oakland Raceway V2     Our Club  HMBRC     

Hi Matt

A tiny bit of lube or Inox on the moving parts and a softer spring really change the feel of the stock controller.

Chris

Hi Matt,

If you can pay a bit more and want ALL the latest functions and also completely wireless this ones worth checking out.

You also need a dongle (pictured below), but one dongle handles up to 6 SSD cars.

IMG_0940.jpg

Check the website for all the functions....Around $179 +GST. Discounts for multiple purchases.

IMG_0938.jpg

Light, well balanced, battery life 3 months average use.

IMG_0723.jpg

The USB Dongle for adjusting parameters and for use on SSD 7042 powerbase. $99 +GST

IMG_0526.jpg

The powerful 50A wireless module for analogue (prototype stage).Testing on this starts next week. estimated cost around $99-$129, includes fan cooling.

So with this controller you can use it on analogue, SSD and Scorpius systems. All firmware is wireless upgradeable in seconds too.

If you're in Sydney drop in for a test, or if in other capitals let me know as there may be a user close to you.

Best of all Aussie invention! :)

Comes with a "fastest lap times or your money cheerfully refunded" guarantee.

Rick

Edited by aussieslotter

The best form of satisfaction is success.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Aussieslotter don't the cars also need the scorpious chips in them? Or does the dongle do the data sending to the cars?

regards, Ricky

P.S I'm trying to learn this stuff because I want to re-start my boyhood hobby (I'm certainly no boy any more lol)