Blackarrow

gazza

New to the scene is another Spanish manufacturer ...... Blackarrow

First up is a beautiful, if the CG and pre-production is anything to go by, Aston Martin DBR9

580065_366524186736888_2121456095_n.jpg

537549_366524246736882_1694204648_n.jpg

581133_378564695532837_367383774_n.jpg

598743_378564742199499_1738990396_n.jpg

481307_378564722199501_1079258575_n.jpg

564968_366522590070381_81244254_n.jpg

602098_366565350066105_60860532_n.jpg

This from their facebook page ........

Hello everybody,

My name is Javier Alcaraz, I am founder partner of the company Black Arrow and it is my pleasure to introduce you this new brand, that it is born with the hopeful and determination to make the best slot products at prices within reach of everybody.

Black Arrow is a Spanish company that developes all its R&D and assembling in Spain. Due to the complexity and specialization of the... products, Black Arrow counts with more than 30 suppliers in 5 different countries, carrying out all the quality control and 100% of the assembling and adjustment of its models in its Spain facilities.

Black Arrow was born at the beginning of 2011, despite we were more than a year and a half planning and designing how the company should be. In all that time there have been necessary a lot of hours of work for allowing to accomplish each component, as all them have been entirely developed by us. Each part has been carefully studied for fulfilling the high quality requirements that more and more, enthusiasts demand to the slot products. Black Arrow did not want to miss this knowledge and has achieved that each single part fulfils with such demands.

Black Arrow’s goal is to offer 1/32 scale model cars of really high reproduction quality with first level performance on the track.

For getting that, first matter was to select the model to be reproduced. A model that would allow us to incorporate our technology without room limitations, which would have a spectacular appearance and with a great brand behind it. For that and after long negotiations, we got to sign an official license agreement with Aston Martin, for reproducing their prize-winning model DBR9 1/32 scale. We believe that the model has never been fairly reproduced by other brands , so this has been our little tribute to this great racing car.

Aesthetically speaking, the body has been designed starting from the original files provided by Aston Martin and adapted in order to make its production viable. Hundreds of hours behind the computer have allowed a really spectacular model without looking down on the dynamic side, as the completed body has a very low weight (+/- 19.50 gr) which can be yet reduced by changing the driver plate and glasses for polycarbonate ones (+/- 16.80 gr).

Concerning to the mechanical side and because starting from “zero”, we could freely design each component trying to improve what the market currently offers, and we really believe to have achieved it. Following we are detailing you the components that will be incorporated in our first model, the Black Arrow Aston Martin DBR9 1/32 scale:

- Chassis with “IN-FLEX” technology

- Low Friction conical pinion & gear

- 3/32 calibrated axles

- Lightened rear rims made in aluminum (1.05 gr)

- Lightened front rims made in Delrin (0.65 gr)

- APACHE motor: 28.500 rpm & 350 gr*cm @12V

- Titanium Torx head screws

- High grip rear tires

- “Zero” grip front tires

- Oxygen free copper wires made with ultra-flex silicone cover

- Spherical bronze bushings.

- Front & Rear springs for motor bed suspension

- High hardness steel screws (slave screws)

- Delrin washers for front axle wideness regulation

Possible adjustments:

- Body height

- Front axle position & displacement

- Rear suspension displacement

- Rear suspension springs load

- Front & Rear axles wideness

We also have some optional parts, by the moment we can offer you these items as “starters”

-Anodized aluminium rims

-55mm G.T. axles (Golden Treatment)

-34Z Gear

-14Z Pinion

All Black Arrow spare parts will be displayed in a transparent box, having a double task; in one hand it will protect the pats during handling & transportation, but on the other hand it will also allow you to have your parts well organized in your trips.

We want to inform you that our products can be acquired ONLY through our website WWW.BLACKARROW.ES, on which further than our complete catalogue, you will be able to find news, technical reports, competition calendar, pictures, videos, and a long etc. Besides, you will find a section fully dedicated to slot clubs spread along the world, with all the info about them and their geographic location.

We invite you to check our web WWW.BLACKARROW.ES, come in and find all that we can offer you. Also you can follow us in Twitter @BlackArrowTeam and Facebook Blackarrow.es.

In a couple of days our web site will be available in ENGLISH

Please, contact us for any enquiries in comercial@blackarrow.es

Thanks to all you!

Javier Alcaraz

Black Arrow Team-PAXP-deijE.gif

The products can be acquired ONLY through their website ..... http://www.blackarrow.es/index.php

Retail price: 59,99€ + shipping.

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Looks good and I wish them the best, IMO they will need it in this market. Direct sales only from Europe? Way over powered for most tracks here so will need a motor change. price should be between Slot it and NSR. Think they might struggle in the present market.

The chassis looks very interesting.

If the finished model looks half as good as the CG version i'd be happy

Look's like Spain is going for a Slot Car led recovery, with yet another manufacturer from there.

But they are still not that confident as they are only offering sales via the web page, they will be relying on the local market for majority of their sales.

Still looks good, but as you said Phil over powered, over priced and over there

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Bold move, perhaps there are elements in the design which may prove quite useful, good to see they are having a go. I think the Spanish may be looking to regain some slot ascendancy from the Italians as this looks like it is aimed to take on NSR and Slot.it Good luck to them, the design on the crown and pinion looks interesting, wonder if That will result in smoother mesh?

Interesting interview here http://www.slotcar-today.com/en/notices/2012/06/black-arrow-slot-2.0-578.php

He mentions they started with the original CAD files fom Aston Martin

Good Luck to Javier, the pre-production shots of the body look great and the chassis is intriguing, may be we will see a new name on he winners list soon!

DM

Edited by dangermouse

Woo Hoo........Another slot manufactor to collect :lol:

Seriously though, that certainly looks like a well detailed model with an interesting engineered chassis set up. I wish Blackarrow all the best as I'd love to get my hands on that Aston..

Clevo

Resized to 83% (was 1006 x 146) - Click image to enlarge

It looks like a Mosler beater. If it is then they have a winner. I'd buy one. Spain needs to win more than football matches to compete with NSR and Slot.it though.

I hav no problem with them only selling through their website. It will mean they can keep their prices competitive and so long as they sell throughout the world, including Italy, I'm fine with that.

Edited by Graham Lane

I think more about slot cars now than I did about sex when I was sixteen.

logoforsignatureonSFI.png incorporating the Italian round of logoforWRP_zpsc822e290.jpg

...this is the BIG one!

3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th October 2013

Castello delle Forme, Umbria, Italy

True Gary, so true. I have an Ulster, a DBR1, a DBR9, a Zagato, and probably several others on my collection. All are so beautiful.

I think more about slot cars now than I did about sex when I was sixteen.

logoforsignatureonSFI.png incorporating the Italian round of logoforWRP_zpsc822e290.jpg

...this is the BIG one!

3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th October 2013

Castello delle Forme, Umbria, Italy

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I do believe it is website only. They have no dealers, that way they keep their prices down (hahahahahahahaha) and don't have to worry about paying commissions to anyone.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

I know i should not and i thought about it but how could i resist a Aston Martin DB 9 in Gulf colours look at it, so the dirty deed is done it's ordered, and yes Ember website only don't know about keeping prices down the P&P & carriage don't help. :o

• Vinno unpinned this topic