Round 5, Wye Valley Stages

snurfen

LPV in 9th place is good. But what a surprise to see the Sciri car in 8th place! And Ember in 27th! An even bigger shock!

I think more about slot cars now than I did about sex when I was sixteen.

logoforsignatureonSFI.png incorporating the Italian round of logoforWRP_zpsc822e290.jpg

...this is the BIG one!

3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th October 2013

Castello delle Forme, Umbria, Italy

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope we don't get any motor issues here as replacements are like hen's teeth in Italy. I had to get mine by swapping in the UK. If anyone has got any emergency spares (motors, tyres, etc.) they could slip in the box and get returned when their car is sent home that would be useful.

logoforsignatureonSFI.png incorporating the Italian round of logoforWRP_zpsc822e290.jpg

...this is the BIG one!

Great work guys thanks.

Very happy with the Skoda that stays near the top on both hemispheres and where other series contenders score low.And this is not

the first time the Skoda races on Wye Valley stages,the last time was in 2010 as proxy entry to Slot Rally GB and it was not good.

My maths prof at high schooll used to say all the time:"repetition is the mother of learning".

Edited by alexis in greece
gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg

Love the photos that are up on SFI. Man, that hump backed bridge would be enough to cover the windscreen with the co-pilot's breakfast!

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

WHAT!!!! SFI get the scoop!

Edit: I've just been there and couldn't believe it, just FOUR members logged in at this time in the morning. That must be a an all-time record. Come on Auslot...go International.

Edit again: I've been through the first four pages of Events and couldn't find it. Are you sure you weren't dreaming Embs?

Edited by Graham Lane

...this is the BIG one!

Edit again: I've been through the first four pages of Events and couldn't find it. Are you sure you weren't dreaming Embs?

I think if I were dreaming I'd have done better in the results Graham. There is a link in Snurfy's post at the top of the page. Or you could try this one instead. The thread is posted in the Wye Valley Club section.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

To the Podiumites , Silver Rocket ,Snurfin and Kalbfellp congrats. 26th, Ahhhhhhh! And the pics are on SFI. And the Ems car is in 2 of them ^_^ . Is a bad day for sure. Only consolation is that the french brigade are up top. About time ,I was getting tired of holding the fort. That hump is wild ,I might see if I can incorporate something into my track down the line. I was thinking of a totally different track when you said its name of Camel Toe :o ,sorry tow :lol: . Glad you guys had fun at and also saw how long it really is. It's definitley not a 5 min job as some may think. Only criticism is the :mellow: (serious faces lads) , try to make the next one :D (happy face) :lol: Waiting with baited breath for the next lot of results or can I just give up now. Just a quick one ,why the asterix's beside some names . Are we the ones who didnt pay off the marshalls :huh: .

Cheers Craig

Edited by teamredracing

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

And the pics are on SFI. And the Ems car is in 2 of them ^_^ .

Count again. Who's centre of shot on that nausea inducing bridge? :D

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

"Who's centre of shot on that nausea inducing bridge?"

Don't know Embs, but I'm right behind them.... :lol:

Believe me you have to have your wits about you going over that bridge as there are some tight turns as you reach the level part of the stage.

Shame that car 35 didn't finish as high up as in the practice run on Martyn's track....and I normally do OK on Killarney - oh well, two stages to go!

Well done to the top guys.

Cheers

Dave

Hopefully the posting time for Stage 2 will be around the same time 10pm as Stage 1.

I'm also curious about the ******'s - 11 cars marked for some reason????

I'm not looking forward to Stage 2/3 results based on the initial comments, it could be time to start free-falling. WHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.................

WHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.................

You tackling the camel again?

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

*s are for round hosts. It was on the timesheet I copied from round 1 to make my time sheet. Bit of a up-cock on posting elsewhere, sorry guys, wont happen again.

So, away from the lush pastures of Killarney and on to the windswept WWII airbase at Pembrey - they still test missiles up there, but have so far (unfortunatley) not managed to wipe Llanelli off the map. Damn those functioning guidance systems.

So, a few movers and shakers here...........................

pembreyresults.jpg

Edited by snurfen
wosautos12.gif

WayHey!

Go Focus!

As Snurf says, home turf suits us Brits, and maybe local knowledge as my Focus has run on both Kilarney and Pembrey before as part of SlotRallyGB, some years ago.

Ad to that, my home rally stage is a wanabee kilarney track, complete with they surface changes!

Looking forward to the Wolves round, I can transport the Park Ferme to Wolves, as I'll be at the Oxford SRGB round on Sunday.

Rgds,

Simon

Whats not to like...........

Sorry Zarko, I should've said! Thanks for pointing out the confusion caused - I've put the comment in below to help clear it up a bit. Same format results will be posted for next stage, then I'll post the final table as "Final Standings".

The left column is for overall standings after each round.

Just for clarification, this result sheet and the next are ranked by THAT particular stage, with overall positions in the left column.

Final results will be ordered by overall position of the three combined stages.

Thought you'd be happier with that performance Embs! Still one stage to post tomorrow.

Simon, I'm passing the cars to Matt T at Oxford SRGB round, then he will deliver to Wolves on 22nd July. Dave C will then get the cars for the IoM round and will then pass on to Jon in Norwich.

wosautos12.gif