snurfen

Round 5, Wye Valley Stages

She's a beaut mate!

We were surprised to see the different setups - they were mainly grouped by geographical origin, the UK cars having a heck of a lot more body rock than other cars. I think this may be why the results for these two scaley classic stages are radically different to all the previous stages, which on the whole were routed, I believe.

wosautos12.gif

and finally.......................Cameltow results, followed by the overall standings for Round 5

cameltowresults-1.jpg

overall standings

FinalREsults-1.jpg

wosautos12.gif

Hi guys

Oh well, slipped down the order a bit on Cameltow :unsure: but another top 10 placing and a stage second, so I can't really complain...! :rolleyes:

Will be interesting to see how the table stands after this round, with a few different people showing strongly, who will be climbing up the rankings.

Well done everyone, it looks to have been a a fun round.

Oh and great photos too. :D

Cheers

Dave

wow just saw this, not complaining but just wondered how I went from a stage win to 24th overall in the space of 3 stages? Is there something wrong with the car, its been down the back end at all rounds so far, I thought it was just tyres, but yeah a stage win surprised me!

I Miss Brocky...

Congratulations to the various stage point scorers. And big congratulations to Alexis, Malat and Snurfy for the Round podium.

I'll not complain about 13th for Wales. It's what the number on the door says after all. But forgive me if I do a little dance over going up a place overall. Don't know how it happened, but I'm jolly happy it did. :D

Well done Snurfy and the rest of the Taffy crew. Hope you had fun. Any more photos?

PS: Miveson, you might want to change the 'm' for an 'n' before Martyn goes blue in the face! :P

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

It was worth the wait.Congratulations:

-to the Wye Valley team for producing such a tight race,

-every participant,after all participation counts most of all

-stage podiumites,race podiumites,championship podiumites

gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg

It is a bugger when that happens miveson - I can't get over how I just went further and further backwards when I got to North America :o(

I was told not to loose heart, tis a long series with more variety of track to come, which cheered me up. Was expecting a bloody good result here, seeing as my cars are setup to run our clubs tracks.

Well done to all, we had some very very close times and some tight consistency. We even had a dead heat overall for two cars.

The lower orders were the cars that wanted to deslot a lot on the style of track we were using for the stages. We could almost tell before we ran the event which cars would struggle at Wye Valley, and even though we did our best, it was pretty much as the three drivers predicted.

I know another thread is going over ideas for the prospective 2013 championship, but my two pence worth would be suggesting that we have setup sheet for each round. For this round, we would have suggested body screws wound out about two or three turns to allow lots of body rock.

As tyres and braids should be cleaned at the start of each round, and weights etc are set at the start of the season, it is realistically the only major change a host can effect on a car.

Thanks to all for the effort of putting your cars together and sending them off around the world. This was the first time I had seen a proxy event in the flesh and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm hooked! Good luck to you all as the cars progress on their global odyssey.

wosautos12.gif

A great round guys, thank you. Moving up from 12th to 9th is very pleasing. :) I always say I'm happy to be in single figures when there are entries running to double figures. B)

I think more about slot cars now than I did about sex when I was sixteen.

logoforsignatureonSFI.png incorporating the Italian round of logoforWRP_zpsc822e290.jpg

...this is the BIG one!

3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th October 2013

Castello delle Forme, Umbria, Italy

Onya guy's

Thanks for the round and the pix's, glad to see that you all enjoyed yourselves, makes for a very long day but it's worth it in the end

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

See you Sunday Matt, really looking forward to Oxford.

Yngwie, it just shows the totaly different nature of the three stages. All our slot Rally GB events are like that - no one car sweeps the board - you'll have a dream of a car on half the stages, and a right pig on the rest. we usually run 10 stages on the one day at most events.

wosautos12.gif

Again this is a good result as far as one person or make constantly winning showing that all tracks arent the same. Still in the top 5 but hoping not to keen on slipping any more. To Snurf and the gang ,congrats on hosting and as others have said glad you enjoyed it . Glad to have you and your tracks back on board next Proxy. To the overall winners to this round congrats and glad to see any Frog car gathering points .

Cheers Craig

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Congrats to all involved .......

Congrats the placegetters .........

This is not the kind of slide I was looking for :ph34r:

CHEERS

GARRY

HOKEY POKEY ANONYMOUS ....... A PLACE WHERE YOU CAN TURN YOURSELF AROUND

No worries mate, those tickets for the Silverstone Classic were much appreciated SCS. :)

Only joking..........................it was a fortnum and mason's hamper, really.

:lol:

You off to SRGB in Oxford this weekend?

wosautos12.gif

All cars safely in the hands of Matt. All braids shining and tyres cleaner than a joke on kids tv.

Looking forward to a good flurry of events in quickiah succession, good luck everyone.

wosautos12.gif

Excellent - Well done and thank you Martyn and helpers for another great round. Unfortunately I had to keep up with this one while on the run through Vietnam, and China. Not easy or cheap. Hopefully the cars will be up your way again next year. It comes around quick!

Flipper

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg