Can You Buy Trackmate In Australia??

therodster

Hi Team,

I would love some help as I'm looking for a timing system for my 2 lane MDF routed track.

After a lot reading I'm leaning towards the Trackmate system as it is an all in one system with hardware included, but have a couple questions for the Aussies here.

1. Can you buy Trackmate here in OZ or only directly from the Canadian (i think) site?

2. Can we the DC adapter for the light bridge provided here in Australia?

Any help wil be greatly appreciated.

I'll upload some pictures of my track on the week.

Thanks in advance.

Rod

The light bridge is easy enough, any 12V DC supply with the correct polarity will be okay, it only draws a very small amount of current.

Something like this, or cheaper, just be sure you have the correct polarity to plug it in, or you'll blow the LEDs.

These days you can buy power supplies with a little set of plugs on the output end which are for all kinds of sockets, and can be turned over, so the centre pin of the final output is positive or negative - you just need a multimeter to check you have it the right way around.

http://dicksmith.com.au/product/M9915/regulated-ac-adaptor-12vdc-1-5a-output

For the Trackmate board itself, you need a 9 volt DC REGULATED supply, with centre pin negative, using a 2.1mm (not 2.5mm) centre hole.

Like this one http://dicksmith.com.au/product/M9927/regulated-international-voltage-power-adaptor but you don't need 2.5 amp output.

1 amp is about the smallest capacity you can buy these days, and it is plenty and more than enough.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

• 4 months later...

Hi Team,

Thought I'd send an update.

In between the last post and now, got married and had a honeymoon so the cash was spent elsewhere.

Plus not to mention a Melbourne winter that didn't make me want to spend my evenings in the garage.

Anyway my Trackmate the gantry was ordered a couple weeks ago and I hooked it up yesterday.

Worked first go!

Thanks for your help gents. Made the job very easy indeed!

I'll get some picks up of my track soon.

Rod

• 5 years later...

It seems Rod has the same questions as me. I am new (first post) and have just completed a 3 lane routed track.

But the answers about the power supplies for the trackmate components don't make sense to me, particularly as the links to Dick Smith no longer are valid.

From the photo on the trackmate website it looks like it comes with power supplies which I presume plug into UDS style 2 pin 110V power points.

Can anyone tell me if I need to do anything other than to get some AUS-US power point adaptors.

Any answers greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tony

Unless the US power supplies are dual voltage, you will need replacements...

Jaycar are probably the easiest place to get them.

9v - https://www.jaycar.c...outlet/p/MP3312

12v - https://www.jaycar.c...outlet/p/MP3310

(links based on specs above, and are multi voltage power supplies that will need to be set to the correct voltages)

Edited by shadow_rusty

You actually only need a power supply for Trackmate now, if you want to have power control for the track between races.

For basic timing it will run from the power of the USB connection

Check forum sponsors for who can offer it - Any of them selling it will be offering power supplies suitable for our market.

The power supplies from Canada require 110v supply.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

• 2 years later...

I'm looking at getting TrackMate for my 2 lane routed wood track, looking at their website the Infrared Slot Car Lap Counter (no gantry) is pictured with a (Canadian) Power supply.

Reading here they run off USB power. 

Can anyone confirm either way please.

http://www.trackmateracing.com/shop/en/slot-car-timer-for-windows/129-kit-infrared-slot-car-lap-counter-without-bridge-.html

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

Woodbrook Valley build thread

"A Man's home is his castle, but his garage is his sanctuary!"

Dick

the modern USB/Cat 5 board will run off USB power to provide timing capabilities, but that doesn't provide enough juice to trigger a relay, so you need a 12v regulated power supply with centre pin negative. 
Will send you a pm with further info.

Oh and these days, I seldom see anyone bothering with a arcade type track-call button, as it is easier to have a marshal nearby the timing PC and just hit space bar on the keyboard - does the same thing, pausing and restarting the heat.