Matt K

I Need Some Help Please!

I have the 6 car digital base, pit lane game, 6 controllers, 10 cars and about 250 feet of track all brand new and ready to rock. I would like the latest "firmware" and the ability to run all of the cool software programs I have heard about. I also need the cables to hook 6 car base to computer. Do I need to get my base sent somewhere to be modded? How do I hook up the base to computer? What software do I need and where do I get it? Sorry for all the questions, but I figured someone could teach me in 10 minutes what it would take me 3 days of reading posts to figure out. Thanks for your help!

ndfanatix

I assume you are talking about the Advanced power base (the one with the plug-in screen). The jackaments site above will give you all you need to connect your PB to your computer, and then upgrade it to latest firmware. The cable will cost a few $$.

Your RMS is also available there. One you've upgraded your PB, you'll be able to make use of many facilities on the SSDC RMS.

The Pit lane game can be upgraded to connect it into SSDC to act as a pit-lane detector and fuel monitor. However it will need to be sent away to be modified with new firmware and detector hardware. A separate cable will also be required.

If you are really keen, you can also have your in-car chips upgraded, to give you dynamic brakes, lights control and torque control. See my site for details.

Ian

Linux: A '90s reincarnation of a '80s Operating System based on a '70s design philosophy

InCar-PRO: Chip Main Page

thanks Dreamer and Matt i was also after this infomation can you tell me where the PB gets sent to for the new firmware and can you give a guesstamate on the cost of the 2 cable dont worry i wont be quoting you on the prices thanks again for this info

ɹǝʌo ǝɯ ןןoɹ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

You don't need to send the APB anywhere but get the cable to upgrade the firmware, PM RikoRocket here on the forum for the cable and price. Same cable will also run from your PC to the APB to use the SSDC program.

Matt

I am new to the digital slot car seen so please give me a hand with some of the acronyms! I know RMS stands for race management system, but what does SSDC stand for? Sorry for the stupid question!

Matt

I have the 6 car digital base with attached screen and a bunch of track(250' - 300'). I have been playing around with some layouts but have noticed that with more than about 50' of track I start to seen some power loss. After about 200' I get noticeable power loss and even some stoppage of cars. With a little push the cars start again. I have read to add some power taps to the track. I was wondering.........I have 3 of the old 4 car digital power bases. Can I add them at intervals around the track to act as "a kind of power tap" to help keep the power evenly supplied to the track? Any other good ways to ensure that the power is very evenly and properly supplied to the entire track? I am gonna permanently mount the track to the layout and landscape the entire thing, but wnat to make sure the wiring is correct before I attach any of the track and start applying foam, plaster and wire mesh to make scenery! Thanks for any help!

Matt

I am from the USA and was getting my layout ready. I noticed that all of the lapcounters, digital powerbases and such are set up for the track to be running in a clockwise direction. I was really wanting the track to run counterclockwise but when I do this the lapcounter, pb or such are facing the wrong direction. Is there any way to fix this? Sorry for another noob question!

Matt

So, after I upgrade my 6 car pb firmware to work with a computer do I only have the computer hooked to the power base at that time or do I have the computer and the plug in screen hooked up both?

Matt

Dont have anymore than 1 PB connected in the track unless you want to do major damage, to fix the powerloss definately run powertaps plus also make the connections at the track piece a little tighter can also help to fix conductivity issues and yes when you are hooked up to the PC the lap tower is not needed as there is nowhere else to plug it in

John

Check out North Brisbane Slotcar Racing: http://northbrisslots.forumotion.com

Sorry bout the shortening of the words Matt.

APB- Advanced Power Base

SSDC-Scalextric Sport Digital Console

As John said, only use the 1 powerbase and add some power taps to your track and get hold of some Inox Mx3. If you do have the APB (C7042) you can run the cars in any direction in Digital mode or you can set it to run either clockwise or anti-clockwise with the buttons on the APB (although the Scalextric book for the APB is quite basic so are the commands). Once you get the cable you can upgrade to the latest firmware and have some fun from there, I started out by only using the screen that came with the APB and once I knew my way around it added the computer and the larger screen, it takes a little while to get to know how the APB works let alone trying to work out how to use SSDC. Most times if I'm just running a few laps I'll just leave the screen plugged in to the APB and not use SSDC at all, really depends on how I feel at the time.

Matt

Thanks for all the great info guys! I really appreciate the help! By the way, should I solder the track pieces together for better conductivity?

Matt

No, but do invest in some inox MX3 and treat the rails it makes a BIG difference in conduction and therefore signal to the cars.

C7042 with latest firmware works seamlessly in either direction (we changed the lap counting algorithms) Pit pro works either way, ditch your lapcounter - you dont need it

gallery_4291_493_4007.jpg

.............................PM me for C7042 Aux to PC cables............or Pit-Pro...

Where can I get this inox MX3 stuff at? I am in the United States and have never heard of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again!

Matt