Oz Rally

dazza

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes there will be an Oz rally again. Last years rules IMO are pretty well sorted, do need a little refinement, and should work for any class of rally cars.

What is everyone opinion on a class, maybe we should use a rotating class system?

I have run it for the sat two years, and while I am happy to do it again, it may be time for someone else to have a go at runnning it.

If some one else would like to run it I am happy to advise them.

I'd like to see the same class run again. I'd like the opportunity to see if I can get last year's car a bit better.

Embs

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Just chucking one out there fro a future series

What about a Tour de France-Auto / Dulux rally tyoe of event?

That is to say a series involving rally stages, races on long and short tracks and maybe a hillclimb if such a track is available.

Rather than points scored for each event, total elapsed time for the whole series count toward the result. Races and stages lasting a minimum of 8 mins as per current regs. Effectively one event with stages held around the country.

Probaly not everyone' cup of english breakfast but just floating an idea.

Alan

I think that sounds ok Alan, I think i have heard that mentioned before.

But I dont think we should mess with the current proxy. Maybe run it as another event with a different class of rally car.... or dare i say targa/ Raid... :D:ph34r:

Love,

Kai smileyhawk.jpg

Like the idea Alan. But it'd definitely be a different event. Even make it a Targa as Kai (almost) suggested rather than a full on rally. Not that there's a whole heap of difference I suppose, but it does open track variety a little. The biggest advantage on the point scoring of rally is that a couple of poor showings early on doesn't completely discount success in the long run. Where as an accumulative time across the whole event means its difficult to recover from a bad round.

Still have some small hope that His Lordship's Hill Climb might get finished somewhere along the line, but at the moment trying to catch fish on bits of feather seem to have taken over.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

I'm ok with the same as last years. Why wouldnt I as to where my car finished. I like to see if it could do better. Then again the Porsche 959 finished 3rd in a SCX Proxy and was entered the following year and ended up mid stream. Might not tempt fate . I'll just enter a new car. And dare may you say Kai , Raid Raid Raid .Who hooooooo!

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Guest jazzbell

Not fussed with class of car,even if the same as last season i'll do a new car.

Also we can add another round to SA as we would like to host a round here at Thunderbird raceway. I'll do the driving and my side kick Trevor (first corner crash)will do the marshalling and what ever else is needed.

regards shane a

team thunderbird

Edited by jazzbell

Guest jazzbell

Shane do they have a small rally type track?

Sure do Phil. Routed board track,rally that is not a flat track.

Regards shane a

Team thunderbird