Race Coordinator

Race Coordinator Digital (For Ssd)

Not a dumb question. Yes, you can refuel with out a functioning pit lane pro. You just have to make sure your SSD Track configuration is correct. Make sure you do not have a pit lane added to the track interface, because if you have one there, even if RCD can't communicate with it, you'll have to use the pit lane to refuel. Then look over the settings for refueling. You can configure what buttons need to be pressed to refuel (you have to be at 0 throttle as well as use the button combination). Once you have that the way you want it, just stop your car anywhere on the track, hold down the button combination and you'll refuel.

-Dave

I just looked though the settings and changed the pit to brake only and there is no pit lane added in the track interface. All I get now is the word PIT randomly flashing where the green flag is when I try to refuel, but no fuel. With the 2 sec delay and fill rate of 20 per sec, it should fill up from empty in 12 sec, correct?? Could it be a controller issue or is there another setting I should be looking at?

Edit: If I set the delay to 0, it does refuel but still flashes. This does not seem right to me, but atleast its working.

Edited by RacingJoe

Hmmmm, if it's flashing it means RCD thinks your not holding down the buttons. Try removing both buttons and see if just stopping works. If that works, try the LC button and not the brake button. It could be a controller issue so if all that's working go back to just the brake button and try a different controller. This could also be a software issue, but I'm certain we tested this a long time ago...

-Dave

I think I found my problem. I think its in my controller extension cables. If I set the pit as LC only it works fine, but removing both buttons and just stopping does nothing. When I plug the controller straight into the powerbase the brake button works fine. Its strange that it only seems to affect the brake button while using RCD but otherwise it seems to work fine.

This has been quiet for a while.

I have just tried RCD and love the clarity of the layout.

Is there still development for this software or has it been retired.

The reason for asking is that I would like to know the following;

1. If the ability to program cars is proposed to be included.

2. It would also be great if the pace cars can go around in practice mode as well.

3. Can you alter when the chicky babe tells you you are low on fuel, it appears to be set at 25% or around there but depending on how you have set up your fuel tank that could be 10 laps away, I would like to see the ability to alter this as a percentage, say between 5% and 25%.

4. Is it possible to program in that the same chicky babe says the drivers name before any announcement (Not sure if RCD has text to speech capability or is proposed to). for example "ZeGas .... Fuel at 5%" rather than "low fuel".

Cheers Grant

20191120172309-193d8f3b.gif.......................................................20170306174707-b4015afe.gif

Home Track..........Corvette C1 Build..........McLaren M1A Build..........Maserati 300S Build..........Allard J2 Build..........50's Diner..........Iso Griffo A3C

3D Printed Adjustable Chassis..........3D Print Projects

I'd love to see #3 on the analog software too...

As for #4, they are just wav files that can be edited.

On one analog install, we recorded new speech to change it from "Driver 1, Fastest lap" to "Fastest Lap, Red Lane".

The theory was, that by having the 'fastest lap[', then the lane / colour, the driver is the alerted by the 'fastest', and will better be able to listen to who is then called out.

Almost finished my dual Analog/Digital track setup, whereby I will be playing with the digital software a lot more.

Edit: Fixed up the "D1, FL" -> "FL, RL" section...

Edited by shadow_rusty

Hey SR,

I was going to just record my own which for only a couple of drivers that would be fine but if you have a lot of different drivers coming and going all the time it could be a pain.

Maybe location 1 to 6 is the best way and leave it up to the driver to remember where they are.

Just thought it would be a nice touch to have a text to speech option to read out the name.

Mostly though the programming of cars is really needed, I think there is a shortcut by pressing a button on the APB to program but I can't remember which combo it is.

Cheers Grant

20191120172309-193d8f3b.gif.......................................................20170306174707-b4015afe.gif

Home Track..........Corvette C1 Build..........McLaren M1A Build..........Maserati 300S Build..........Allard J2 Build..........50's Diner..........Iso Griffo A3C

Press and hold the enter button on the powerbase should put it into programming mode...

Depending on how the powerbase is reacting to the USB input, will determine if it drops out of programming mode after programming 1 car, or if it stays in programming mode.

From memory, with the screen connected, is stays, with the screen disconnected, it drops out.

Z,

I still support RCD, however generally speaking I don't get too many questions/requests about it. I suspect this is because I don't "market" it very well and so it has a limited number of users. It doesn't help that I don't really know anything about SSD including how to set it up and/or what power base you need to use. But I don't have the system myself and that's what happens when you code it all blind.

I've considered doing text to speech for a long time. It would be pretty easy for me to do, I'd just need to figure out how let you configure it and such. I already use text to speech to debug certain aspects of the SRMS. My only question is how well will text to speech work for a drivers name?

Regarding the fuel warning. The way that works is that its a series of audio files. The first and last file are "empty" and "full". All the files in between represent various fuel levels. By default RC comes with 3 fuel files.

1. w_fuel_0.wav --> out of fuel
  2. w_fuel_1.wav --> low fuel
  3. w_fuel_2.wav --> full fuel

You could add any number of _#.wav files in between to control the callouts. If you want only out, low, and full, you could use blank wav files to pad the when the low fuel callout happens.

Dave, Zegas races at my track that's how he got hooked on RCD, as I still use it and won't use anything else. If you need anyone to test any changes Zegas would be terrific as he plays with a lot more of the features than I do as I basically just use what I need to run a club night. But there is an issue I've picked up a few weeks ago. Rick has been kind enough to loan us a scorpius controller and dongle to test a few things but the way the scorpius controller connects causes issues when in pit lane refueling during the race as you need to have zero throttle to refuel but leaving the scorpius controller on zero for more than 2 seconds the car just takes off thus refueling stops and car drives off without your control unless you squeeze the trigger again for scorpius controller to re engage which makes it almost impossible to fuel up during the race so unless your running a wired controller refueling is almost impossible.

Cheers John

Check out North Brisbane Slotcar Racing: http://northbrisslots.forumotion.com

Thanks RC,

I will use a Txt2Speech online converter and set it up for Driver1, Driver 2 etc for now.

I am a bit lost on your last sentence, Are you saying that I can have a callout at 25% then another at 10% and another at 5% before the you have the run out wav.

Can you please explain how this works or how to do it, that would be fantastic.

What is an _#.wav or are you using wildcards there.

I am guessing you have your three defaults as described if I change to this I should get a something close with a bit of fiddling around

• w_fuel_0.wav --> out of fuel
  • w_fuel_1.wav --> 6.25% fuel
  • w_fuel_2.wav --> 12.5% fuel
  • w_fuel_3.wav --> 25% fuel
  • w_fuel_4.wav --> full fuel

Would that be the right ratio.

Also is there a setting somewhere to make the car run at say 25% (or a setting of choice) full power if out of fuel rather than just not counting laps as sometimes in the heat of battle you do not here the sound so could trip around for a few laps without realising it.

I have also noticed with the wizards for all features the Create button is greyed out so you have no way of creating once setup, advanced is fine though.

Cheers Grant

ah, just clicked.

3 wav files = 100% 50% % 0%

so if I put say 11 wav files in as so

1. 100% Fuel Full
  2. Blank
  3. Blank
  4. Blank
  5. Blank
  6. Blank
  7. Blank
  8. Blank
  9. 20% Fuel
  10. 10% Fuel
  11. Out of Fuel

Inverse that can't be bothered typing it out again, I'll get what I want.

The blanks will be just blank wav files

If I make the Prefix for each driver the Driver number, I should be able to customise each call

So instead of w_fuel_0.wav I could make it Driver1_fuel_0.wav and apply to Driver 1 or Driver2_Fuel_0.wav and apply to Driver 2 etc.

Does that make sense?

Might try that this evening.

Oh and thanks SR, without screen, one at a time like you thought.

Edited by ZeGas

Cheers Grant

I've considered doing text to speech for a long time. It would be pretty easy for me to do, I'd just need to figure out how let you configure it and such. I already use text to speech to debug certain aspects of the SRMS. My only question is how well will text to speech work for a drivers name?

You could impliment a seperate user provided wav file for each driver, which could be configurable on the driver setup screen just like the images are.

Regarding the fuel warning. The way that works is that its a series of audio files. The first and last file are "empty" and "full". All the files in between represent various fuel levels. By default RC comes with 3 fuel files.

You could add any number of _#.wav files in between to control the callouts. If you want only out, low, and full, you could use blank wav files to pad the when the low fuel callout happens.

Thanks heaps for that...

I'm assuming the same will work with the analog version?

OK, had a play with this in Analog Race Coordinator, and the numbers are not implimented logically...

0 = Empty

1 = Almost Full

Second Last = Almost Empty

Last Number = Full

Also, for me, I used a total of 5 numbers, and they weren't quite spread evenly, but it did vary significantly based on the fuel settings...

0 = Empty

1 = 60%

2 = 45%

3 = 25%

4 = Full

Lastly, rather than using a 'blank' file, if you copy the 'Beep.wav' file from the Audio folder, and rename it as needed, it just sounds like any other lap, instead of there being no noise, which would leave the driver left wondering if they did a lap.

OK so here is the problem with using driver 1 driver 2 etc.

The sounds are associated with the driver not the controller location.

So custom sounds although they can be set up would have to be by driver name rather than position.

Not a biggie just means each name has to be set up.

Back to the TTS to change from number to name, at least it is not too many.

I have set up 20 sounds all but 4 are silent.

So I have tank full, 10% 5% & empty.

I'll trial them out playing with the fuel settings as SR did and see what the optimum setting will be.

I am expecting it will be a refuel / capacity ratio that will get it humming and if I find that then so long as the ratio is good then any seeing combo will work.

That's the theory anyway.

Cheers Grant

Awesome Work ZeGas and Shadow Rusty, I am constantly having to tell newer people to our Club not to listen the lady when she says low fuel. I think it would be a cool feature having them call the drivers name.

Cheers John

OK, so here's a quirk.

*_0.wav is tank empty

*_9.wav is tank full

But then the in between is inversed so

*_8.wav is tank almost empty

*_1.wav is tank almost full.

It appears to be spaced rather constantly though so that's good.

Used 10 wav files.

I set fuel usage to 2 and tank to 200

The race I set to 25 laps.

Track lap time is about 5.5 sec taking it easy.

Call came at lap 18 for 10% and 19 for 5%.

Just made 20 laps as fuel ran out.

I think a bit of calibration for each individual track will be required but it didn't appear to bad to do.

The biggest pain is finding a natural sounding voice, the "natural" ones I have are not bad but still a bit tinny.

Please don't recommend Anna, I have some Lernout & Hauspie TruVoice voices but are still metallic.

I am recording with names in the wav file but if Race Coordinator could add a script to read and say names first, then add the sound file, that would mean less files and more generalisation.

This is a sample of what I have produced.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57773568/ZeGas_Fuel_8.wav

You have to choose your words carefully as Fuel doesn't sound good but Gas does.

Cheers Grant

John,

I sent Rick and a friend your post about the car taking off when at 0 throttle. I suspect this is a Scorpius firmware issue, but we'll see. I may need you to use debug mode and send me logs on that if you I need to verify it though. If we need to and you're willing I'll send you the information you need.

-Dave

@all,

I suspect very few people have customized the audio refueling files. It sounds like there are some issues with it is messing up the number order to play. I'll try to take a look at this. All the conversation about these fuel sounds pertain to all three versions of the RMS, analog, digital, and SRMS. If I do fix a bug, it will unfortunately mess up existing users that have done this but I guess that's what they'd get for not reporting the bug (: I also vaguely remember doing something funny with the math so that 3 files had the middle file playing at 1/3 not 1/2 fuel. If you use the kitchen sink xaml file for your race day file it'll show you the fuel percentage and you can match that with when the sounds are playing.

If I do have a bug fix. I'm going to need help/volunteers to help troubleshoot the build. It's been a long time since I've updated RCD and we'll need to sanity check the entire release, not just the actual bug fix. Without volunteers I can't even consider releasing it as a beta. Although I don't have anything right now, it would be nice to know if I'll be getting those volunteers before I start looking into it. What could is me making a bunch of changes if I can't release them?

-Dave

Count me in Dave, I like the software and would like to see it progress

Cheers Grant

Hi Dave,

Once again, thank you for your great 'manufacturer' support.

Service like this is why our club is slowly migrating all of our tracks to Race Coordinator.

My digital track should be fully operational again shortly, as are a couple of my friends tracks.

As in the past, more than happy to do some testing for you Dave in both Analog, and SSD.

Unfortunately, whilst I don't personally have a scorpius setup, I may however, be able to borrow a couple of controllers plus a usb dongle from a couple of our club members if there is a specific test you need done.

Rick just got back to me and says he doesn't know of a firmware problem like described here. Personally my bet says he's wrong but that's because I'm a super arrogant software engineer. Best thing to do is to capture it with RCD logging enabled so I can review what's going on. It sounds like I have some volunteers (at least one) so I'll start updating the RCD code base with the guided setups and all that jazz. I should be ready in a few days to walk somebody through how to troubleshoot the Scorpius Controller issue so please email me if you have this problem and can help debug it.

I'll try to look into the fuel wav file naming at the same time...

-Dave

I'll volunteer too. I will be able to help with the Scorpius Stuff as I still have the controller and Dongle Rick loaned us. I will send you and email Dave verifying you still have my current email address

Cheers John

The Kitchen Sink looks good, that helps a lot having the figures up there, I'll have a play as soon as I get a chance.

Cheers Grant