Race Coordinator

Race Coordinator Digital (For Ssd)

ok dave tested auto advance and count down and yes it is working in races where you have more than one heat. Unfortunatley i may have been off with the fairies in my beleive

of auto advance to next race when you have two races in an event with only 1 heat in each.I cant seem to replicate it and i even created a specific race end music track which im sure i used but i must have setup a race with 3 heats in which case it would work. If possible this would be a good adin to the software maybe please?.

I tried to test version 92 but unable to load as it fails an installer integrity test. on 2 different laptops

cheers

Glen

www.gtlslotcaraccessories.com

There are major problems with the latest build. John sent me logs I need to go through. Basically in fixing one of his issues I really borked it up. I have on a list to add in an "auto event advance". I think this will be a really cool feature to have. What do you mean installer integrity test? That's the first I've ever heard of that... is it because I emailed it to you?

If you replace the "race over" sound with your race end music you'll end up with the effect you're looking for... That can be done in the audio setup of the race. I'll keep you posted when I have a more stable release.

-Dave

Cheers Dave

Yeah first i have seen of that to , tried 2 different pc and two different usb stick i think its on my end that but will let you know if i have any drammas with it again, all the other emails have been fine,

I just posted a new beta release v0.2.1.98. This had a couple minor fixes plus a bigger fix for multi-heat races and race events. This very well could be the final beta. I'm just waiting on as much feed back as possible especially regarding the most recent fixes.

Enjoy the holidays

-Dave

FYI, the only reason I haven't released the build as a non-beta is because I'm working a "live web update" feature that will allow any web browser to view the race (which includes mobile devices). Once that feature is complete I'll release the build as a non-beta.

Also, just as a reminder, the RMS is still on sale for a measly $25, all of which I donate to charity. After the holidays when the "live web" update feature is released in a build, the sale will end. I'll leave the sale going through the holidays, but that feature is way too cool to sell for just $25...

Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year everybody. See you on the other side.

-Dave

Dave will RC run on the 4 car scalextric powerbase?

I think I'll be getting a set that has the 4 controller.

I'd like to know if scorpius controllers would work with the 4 base.

If it doesn't then I'll get myself the 6 base.

regards, Ricky

Edited by TrickyD

No Race management systems will work with a 4 car powerbase as they don't connect to a PC. I would also advise against a 4 car powerbase as they have a few issue and imo only good for id'ing cars and using the second power supply as the second one for a 6 car powerbase. Only when you have the 6 car APB and connected to a PC and running a rms which supports scorpius controllers will then allow you to run Scorpius controllers

Edited by Johnsxr8

Check out North Brisbane Slotcar Racing: http://northbrisslots.forumotion.com

John, how are the Scorpius controllers working out? Any issues?

Rick

Tricky,

The APB needs to connect to a PC for RMS functions. Also required is a Scorpius dongle which plugs into the PC which then receives data from the Scorpius controller....

Edited by aussieslotter

The best form of satisfaction is success.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Thanks John & Rick.

I'm glad I didn't buy this set I was looking at.

I'm now going to buy the scaley Platinum set which comes with the 6 car powerbase and 2 transformers, 6 cars and 8.55m track.

From there I'll build my scorpius controller collection.

regards, Ricky

My Scorpius controller has been ok thanks Rick, I had a few issues, when I put a new 5m active USB cable on, it seems to work better for me with a shorter standard cable, I am looking forward to playing around some more with it when I finish doing a overhaul on my track, and a new fresh layer of copper tape. I have been getting the occasional runaway lately but I think it's from the copper tape that had worn very thin in numerous places, which seems to have an effect sending digital signals

Edited by Johnsxr8

Its been awhile but have started setting up audio callouts and a new event and i found the auto skip to next race in the event , did you slip that in dave cause now i can do

practice to qualify to race all automated (coool),busy recording new callouts man my voice just sounds crap, Will have to practice an american accent.

cheers Glen

Rick yes both scorpius controllers work together

Sorry for the delay in answering

cheers

Glen

Yeah I forget when that went in. It's been awhile. Somebody requested it and I thought it was a good idea... Glen, how is your Scorpius controller doing? At least one user is having issues with signal loss and I'm trying to figure out if there's anything else in software I can do to compensate, but I'm curious how yours is working...

My controllers/scorpius are working fine, no drop outs or surging,my track is not huge but my back straight should let me see any power drop off or surging, the only problem i have had is with lockup and non resposive program, it could well be my laptop but it only happens using rcd, will keep an eye on it and clearout some space in my system, see if that helps.

I have the version 2 scorpius dongle

Edited by glengtl1

How far away are you from your dongle when driving Glen? Mine is fine if i hold my controller out in front of me and am within 2m of dongle but i drive with my controllers close to my body and generally have my left hand covering the front of the controller cause i use it to hit the lane change button and the moment i hold mine close to my body i get stuttering out of the corner. But as soon as i take my left hand off the controller and hold it out in the open its fine again until i walk about 4m away from dongle then it does not matter where i have my controller it stutters again. I also have my dongle suspened above my track and have tried different usb cables and have found it worse on a 5m active cable than a shorter non active cable of which i cant figure why, as i was told to use an active cable. I would really love to sort this out as i have forked all this money out for a controller that i cant use out our racemeet. Also all my drivers on my pc are up to date so that is no issue either

Edited by Johnsxr8

There are 2 types of active 5m cables...

Powered and unpowered.

If you have the unpowered type, the reciever is probably not recieving enough voltage to recieve properly...

My advice would be to try a powered active cable, or if you don't have one, try an powered usb hub.

(I've seen this sort of issue with 5m+ usb cables at work...)

I can get good signal pretty much anywhere in my shed , i did a range test an still works outside the shed but my old eyes struggle to see the cars but 2 - 3mtrs is all good, i will check again tonight to double be sure.My dongle sits ontop of my cardboard scaley pit tower.