Race Coordinator

Race Coordinator Digital (For Ssd)

Yes I was going to say Ive never seen "sluggish". Cars jittering or shooting off track yes, sluggish, never. And the only time you will even see those issues is due to radio range. The WAM is 100% up to a certain distance, with perfect control, and works on the same principal as using a dongle instead of a wireless analogue module.

I currently dont have, and probably never will have an SSD test track.

Rick

The best form of satisfaction is success.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Ok the interface crash has been fixed with the last version dave sent to me ,once the auto count down fires up with Scorpius controllers thats just about it , i havent found anything else going

haywire ( for me anyways) im sure there willbe something but it seems to be sorted.

John have you had any improve with the gen 2 dongle?

cheers

Glen

Edited by glengtl1

www.gtlslotcaraccessories.com

Still waiting for mine

I know i got at least 9 mtrs with the gen 1 in my shed.

will let you know

I would say its probably being delivered this morning to home which means the wife will get it nooooooooo!!! so many questions will be asked.

Edited by glengtl1

So far it feels much better and seems to work best for me on version .82, I also tried very .80 which was the original way scorpius was setup on RCD and got a runaway after 4 laps, but .82 had no lag and no runaways plus I can stand a few metered away from the dongle now but I can't fully judge it yet as I am waiting for a new 5m active USB cable to turn up which should be next week, but it does seem much better using my standard 2m cable atm

Check out North Brisbane Slotcar Racing: http://northbrisslots.forumotion.com

9 is ok, that covers a pretty big track, along as its A ok car controll still.

Edited by aussieslotter

www.scorpiuswireless.com

yep all good 9mtrs still has good control , if i step out side the shed it starts to break down and thats on a short lead at track level .

Thanks again Rick

cheers

Glen

Hows the lap times compared to previous controllers? That would be a pretty good test on actual control getting through to the car.

Have you tried with 2 controllers?

Once you get a few bodies in there the dongle needs to be above head height.

Rick

Edited by aussieslotter

www.scorpiuswireless.com

The lap times with scorpius controllers are definatley quicker and easier to attain just with the feel of lap with excelleration and braking and as i tend to to run deep into corners

and let the weight of the car pulll me up enough to get through the corner it suit me to a T. The 9 throttle settings give you plenty of scope to find one that suits or you can adjust your very own aswell . If you cant get faster lap times you would still have to agree that the control you get is so much more precise and smooth.

Dongle being raised this evening to get tit out of the way.

Rick I have a controller from original run that doesnt want to turn off was going to put a small on off switch in to turn it off would this cause any drammas you reckon?

everything else is fine it updates and reconfigs fine.

cheers

Glen

Good to hear, quicker lap times is the main point.

Good to hear also no issues with RCD .82

Use the "Throttle Test" program, you may find the minimum post needs moving back a tad. The program clearly shows the throttle status.

OR

Reboot it to V9.1 as theres a calibration program (to some degree) built in to it. If the throttles on then it wont "go to sleep"

Rick

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Thanks Rick Throttle is all good now , post had moved.

Email sent Dave , just waiting for update but from what i can gather the auto advance and auto start code is intricate .

Dave also just a note since last version windows randomly will shut down for protection reasons when running race cordinator digital i have not found out why as yet

just only happens while running Race Cordinator digital.When it happens again i will send microsoft info if that will help.

cheers

Glen

tested new version and auto countdown up and running once we get auto advance to next race/heat will be top stuff, currently sorting out managing digital id when moving through to next heat.Once Dave has those two sorted RCD should ROCK! and it can with the auto procedures you can set up a whole race weekend from practice to quali to race

with alsorts of audio readouts and need a brake/beer/smoke after quali set it to play race music or sound affects in between races and sound alert for race begins in so everyone is back on deck for

the race. remember to turn your Scorpius controller back on before the lights go out!

Glen, sent you an email about the auto advance... I'm still pondering the event IDs. It's a really messy problem. So far I have no good solution... The issue comes down to the fact that RCD allows you to run multi-heat races in which you have more than 6 drivers... I'll think of something though...

Dave, In Practice mode it sometimes goes into yellow flag mode when in practice and occasionally stop counting laps on I'd's but this only occurs in practice mode, these issues don't occur when racing

John

Edited by Johnsxr8

Check out North Brisbane Slotcar Racing: http://northbrisslots.forumotion.com

Wow. Okay John, can you put this in a bulletted email for me. I need to see it as seperate issues. I'll then see if I have logging that covers your issues or not and if not put it in then send you directions to trouble shoot...

Basically though, assuming it's repeatable, the pit lane issue should be easy to track down. I'd like to see logs when Practice mode stops counting laps. The runnaways are curious, it implies a lost connection to the power base but I'd have to see logs. The random yellow flag also implies loss of connection to the power base (if I detect the connection loss I automatically generate a yellow flag). But if you're willing I'd like to itemize these and start trying to track them down.

-Dave

By the way, the random yellow flag is almost certainly a driver hitting the configured controller sequence to cause the yellow... That would be my guess but I'm going to log everywhere that triggers a yellow and we'll know for sure.