Race Coordinator Digital (For Ssd)

Race Coordinator

Done testing again and used the Throttle Program first and saw no flickering, it seemed to work like a normal throttle even walking around the room the only time i could get it to play up was to walk around the corner of my shed. So i then fired up RCD it stood 2m from the dongle worked ok but as soon as i started to move away i got stuttering until i got back close to dongle, then went to SSDC and it seemed to work ok 2m from the dongle but still does not as nice feel as RCD like it has a minor lag, and then as soon as i moved further than the 2m i got a runnaway almost immediately.

Check out North Brisbane Slotcar Racing: http://northbrisslots.forumotion.com

Guys,

I just sent John a test build. If it does what I hope it's going to crudely graph the wireless transmission rate. I've sent him instructions on how to test the interference levels. I expect this to show graphically that when there's jitter/runaway cars the RMS is losing wireless data. We shall see. Glen, if you want it send me and email and I'll make it available to you. It's not ready for public consumption yet. I need 1 or 2 guinea pigs <cough cough, john and glen> to make sure it's working right.

I also added the configuration options to tell me what to do when I have data loss... But they're not hooked up to anything so I have to finish coding that and get it tested before a public release as well...

-Dave

New version in and testing, fIrst run is imediatley smoother but still seems to have stop start thing happening , second run 0 dymainc and unhighlight user brake car runs smooth

as pie but obviouisly i have no brakes but this suits my driving im thinking my dynamic brakes were engaging causing the stop start feel. Have run 3, 5 race events so far and the only glitch i have had was when the race ends the power seems to drop out for a millisecond which sent my car straight of the end of the main straight , tested it again with the end of other races and it seemed to have no affect so will keep an eye on that.

Checking the Graph with the scorpius controller i have a high of 36 and at one point a low of 21 but on average it is somewhere between 34 an 31

As i haven't seen the behaviour from the previuos version as yet , at this stage im a happy camper but still more testing today while watching the f1.

www.gtlslotcaraccessories.com

Glen,

Is the graph on the throttle screen relatively linear or does it go up then down then back up when you keep the controller in basically one place (ie, you're not walking around the room)? Basically a value of 20 means you're getting twice as many data points from the controller as I need so that's good, 30 means 3x so that's even better...

I sent you an email to Dave on Thursday nite with all the results i got too standing 2 m away from dongle i got a low of around 12 but when i got 4m from dongle i got a low of 3 and mine does not stay linear it is up and down alot from the baseline and that is standing still.

John,

I had missed your email. Just saw it... Based on your post and that email I'd say you clearly have some serious interference going on. If even 2m away it's jumping all over the place something is interrupting the signal. That last build I posted does allow you to configure what you want RC to. By default on signal loss the car will coast at 25% throttle, but you can set the coast speed to anything you want. You can even turn off coasting causing RC to remember the last known throttle value. But in the end a low of 3 means basically 2/3 of the SSD intervals got no data so the car would have to coast. No matter what RC does that's not going to be an enjoyable experience.

I'd say you should experiment with dongle and controller positions using the graph as a guide that will tell you if it's getting better or worse, but that doesn't seem like it's going to really matter. Any chance you can hang the dongle right over all your driver stations? It's only receiving throttle data so it doesn't have to be anywhere near the track itself, just all the wireless drivers...

Unfortunately I don't know of any device that could detect the interference. Maybe there is such a thing and if so it might point you to the source of the problem.

Read a comparison recently between scorpius and slot.it wireless controllers. Scorpius had not declared their transmission power but had an indoor range of 20m and outdoor 100m. Slot.it had 10mw transmission power, 40m indoor range and 300m outdoor range. Maybe these figures give some insight into John's difficulties.

So Glen is your controller still working fine with SSDC?

John it sounds like the colorbond walls may be creating what they call the Cabin Effect.

Sounds like it could be a combination of code in RCD and Cabin Effect but I could be wrong.

Edited by aussieslotter

Smoke, mirrors and obsolescence. It’s a jungle out there.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Hi Rick

yeah ive had no problems with ssdc and Scorpius at all .

The only prob im sorting is my laptop crash, i have upgraded ram and that seems to have stopped, racing with Rcd seems fine and im trying to find any problems to report,

In terms of signal and response with Scorpius im finding no problems since Dave sent me the new version

Main one so far is if i select season rcd goes into meltdown with error message,

my normal random error when i enter ssd setup.

another is that sometimes when i end a race manualy, power is not turned of and ghost car continues around track,(random)

one to watch for is if you have coast at 25 or more and you cross the finishline first or a race finishes Rcd has a mili second pause

which can send your car flying as i guess it reverts back to the % of throttle to coast,i have mine set on 5 % which makes it gentle.

Relating to that when i finish a race i still have power even when the race is finished and the ghost cars stop , ( not a real problem

but im guessing not sposed to be)

cheers

Glen

Edited by glengtl1

www.gtlslotcaraccessories.com

Ok looks like Dave is onto it.

With Johns problem it looks like "cabin Effect" which is reverberated signals arriving milliseconds later causing data confusion, caused by the corugated iron shape in the walls.

John if you have any old sheets of ply laying around or similar perhaps stick them along the walls to try and stop this.

Im sure Dave can fix those last remaining issues Glen

Good work Dave.

Rick

Edited by aussieslotter

www.scorpiuswireless.com

So basically because of this so called "cabin effect" i am now going to have to spend more money lining my shed on top of the $300 i paid for the controller plus the money spent on cables ect trying to get this to work properly, it is starting to get a little out of hand as i should not have to spend more money on top of a product to make it work properly

Not at all, I thought you were keen to help iron this out. Obviously at this stage you are the only one reporting issues.

Sorry if I misread the situation or asked too much.

I dont understand about cables, It has always been Scorpius spec to use 5m active cable in conjunction with dongle.Also you might appreciate 95% of walls are flat. In fact Im only guessing, I dont even know for sure.

Please return the goods for a cheerful refund, no problems.

We will however get to the bottom of this, at this stage I just dont know how long.

Rick

Edited by aussieslotter

www.scorpiuswireless.com

I will try a few more things out over the Easter weekend including running off another pc and report back as i still hold on to a hope that we can work this issue. Still on holidays atm so i cant try anything at all till i get home but i hope to have something to report at the end of the weekend and then i will make my mind up then what i want to do as when i know it will be good if i can sort it out