Race Coordinator Digital (For Ssd)

Race Coordinator

I just posted a new build and if you've downloaded and installed it already you've noticed two things. First, this latest beta will reset your license no matter what state it was in before. After installing and running this build you will have a brand new 30 day trial. This is because I've decided to start selling activation codes for the application. On my website you'll see that I'm selling the app for $50 US, however because the application is still technically in beta, I've decided to put it on sale for $25. This sale will go on at least until the official release is done but will end with absolutely no notice. Once I pull the sale, I'll honor any purchases received the day I pull it but no later. With everything RCD offers already I believe $25 is a steal. The purchase can be made through pay pal (see my website). If you don't have pay pal email me and we can work something out but I won't activate you until payment is received and cleared so plan ahead. Extensions to the current trial may be granted however you'll need to provide a reason for needing more than 30 days to evaluate a fully functioning RMS. Most reasonable requests will be granted at least at first.

Finally as a reminder, every penny I receive for any of my software goes to charity (see my website charity section for details). So everybody wins if you buy RCD

Morning Gentlemen

Im having a problem when scorpius controller selected ,which im feeling it might be my end but i get (lost communication with track) all is good and working

with ssd controllers but as soon as i set a race be it practice fuel or non fuel i get this message pop up .

Any Ideas what i can look for at my end.

cheers

Glen

www.gtlslotcaraccessories.com

I am pretty sure that when I disconnect my scorpius dongle and have 3Rd party controllers selected I get that message, I will have a play around with mine this Arvo when I get home and see if I can get that message up

John

Check out North Brisbane Slotcar Racing: http://northbrisslots.forumotion.com

Correct. If you select Scorpius as the third party controller in the track configuration you must have the dongle plugged in before you start the race. I can't remember if you'll get the disconnect message if you pull it out once the race is started, but obviously if you do the scorpius controllers won't work. Essentially by saying you want to use scorpius wireless controllers you're accepting that you have to have the dongle plugged in.

I'm not 100% sure, but when that message comes up, you might be able to dismiss it and run the race with out the Scorpius controllers... It actually wasn't intended to be that way, but I've seen different reports that imply to me it might actually work that way.

-Dave

cheers John

I managed to stop getting that error after i removed reloaded 2 times and also ran ssdc with scorpius just to make sure i wasnt going bonkers and it worked, I then ran Rcd and now my car would move but with the crazy take off and runaway business from earlier

I finally tracked it down to my pit pro which i have moved under track witt both in and out sensors for pit lane and i powered from track

which i believed that i had allowed for correct rail polarity(yet to check that ) as i did swap wires and still no fix, then i used the track piece from pit pro in pit lane and extened the power wires to pit pro under track table and it worked as im typing this the light bulb has

buzzed and i beleieve its working because that track piece has the ferrite man thingy across the rails which would elimate the/any interferance i was getting.

So i believe its all good

yes i can sleep now

Thanks for all your help John and Dave

Cheers

Glen

Glen has a couple of issues... The gen1 dongle he's using is sending bad data to the RMS. I'm going to look into detecting that and rejecting it, but there's no garantee how much will work because of it. The second problem is hopefully fixed now in the new beta that I just posted, but until we get rid of that gen 1 dongle we won't know for sure...

-Dave

Glen are you getting runaway's and lag issues with SSDC at all with your Scorpius controller at all as i actually went to use my Scorpius controller with SSDC for the first time today and had the exact same issues from SSDC as i did with RCD last week with my car running away on the first lap plus the lagginess was noticeable compaired to my wired controller which is a shame as i want to start using it at my racemeets but i have to stick to my wired controller atm as runaway cars and laggy controllers dont make good consistant lap speed.

Cheers John

Edited by Johnsxr8

Check out North Brisbane Slotcar Racing: http://northbrisslots.forumotion.com

I John i have had some runnaways and lagging but not all the time but only with Rcd, SSDC has been fine

My main problem was loss of commication to track , once i got that it seems to run fine,

I have a work around for that with resetting ssd config and rebooting pb.

Wil try new dongle and see if it changes

John when you open ssd config in track setup do you get a green light in connection to track?

cheers

Glen

I'm looking at Glens connection issue right now. Somehow RCD tried to open COM3 as his Scorpius port but that's his SSD port. That caused me to get garbage data returned to me which in turn caused me to fail opening the Scorpius connection. All this adds up to the connection lost message. Hopefully there will be something really simple going wrong and it'll be an easy fix.

This won't help the "lag" issue as so far that seems to be a connectivity problem to the dongle which may/may not be because of the gen1 dongle.

More on this as I have it.

-Dave

Cheers john i get nil light unless i highlight com3 then the green light comes on then if i reselect com4 which is my ssd port

and close,then re boot pb when i then start a race it works all ok .As Dave said it seems to like my com3 for a connection that isnt there.

Im presuming if you select the correct ssd port the green light should be solid, maybe dave could enlighten on that one

Glen

Glen,

Sent you an email with a new build to test... By selecting COM3 first, you're making my Scorpius auto detect skip that port and therefore avoid the problem After that I save the scorpius port (at least until you update versions) so it works fine when you switch back to COM4... The new build I sent you to try "should" ignore the bad data I'm seeing on your COM3 and find scorpius correctly on COM5 the first time around...

Regarding the LED, to be honest I forget if the green light on the configuration screen should be solid or flicker. The only way to know (since I don't have a power base) would be to set it up correctly (drive a car around to be sure), then look at it... I think that light is based on the heartbeat from the power base so it could very easily flicker or not work at all (: I'm tired and going to bed, but I'll look at the code at some point but the best thing to do is have the working connection and let me know what happens...

-Dave

ok tried new build yesterday afternooon and no problems found with connection using Sorpius controller Cheers Dave nice work, Have several crashes when trying to

open ssd config again but intermitent( sending logs to Dave).

I tested for lag and surging and could find Nil in both SSDC and Rcd , however there is a strange happening in that sometimes when starting to race the car will seem to be restricted and seems to be sluggish and tight/heavy in its movement, this does happen in both ssdc and Rcd but if pb is rebooted returns back to normal feel.This maybe just my system .

Thanks Dave

Thanks Rick

If you start a race that's "sluggish" stop it immediately, exit the RMS and send me the logs and I'll look through them. I'd also say do the same thing in which it's not sluggish and send me those logs too. My guess is that I'm not receiving a signal from the PB fast enough or possibly I'm getting CRC errors. Either one will cause the cars on the track to not respond to the controller. I'm not sure I'd describe that as sluggish, but right now it's the only thing I can think of.

I sent you an email regarding the interface configuration crash. Fingers crossed the build I sent you fixed it.