Race Coordinator Digital (For Ssd)

Race Coordinator

I'm pleased to announce that a new RMS vbglossarlink.gif that supports SSD vbglossarlink.gif (7042 power base and with the Pit Pro support) is now available as a public beta. This new RMS vbglossarlink.gif has been developed from the Race Coordinator (analog) code base and it contains all the great features of Race Coordinator modified to fit perfectly in the digital world. Unlike Race Coordinator (analog) the digital version will be available for purchase after the beta period expires. As with donations from the analog version all sales of RCD will be donated to charity. A final price point has not been set yet, however I'm currently thinking $50US.

As mentioned, this RMS vbglossarlink.gif has all the great features of RC (analog).

• Incredibly accurate lap counting/timing
  • Customizable Race Screens
  • Limitless heat structures
  • Season support
  • Autosave, save/load races
  • Customizable XLS export
  • Race Events allowing qualifying races to automatically seed finals races
  • Customizable audio
  • and so much more

But because this is a digital based RMS vbglossarlink.gif it also supports many of the digital features you've come to know and love:

• Throttle based fuel
  • Full pit lane/pit stop support
  • Speed fuel curves
  • Driver handicaping (throttle limiting)
  • Dynamic braking
  • Black flag penalities requiring either a drive through, stop and go, or timed stop penalty in the pits
  • Pit lane speed limiting
  • Race time car ID'ing support

The RMS vbglossarlink.gif requires Windows XP SP3 or higher to run and comes with a 30 day full featured trial. Depending on how the beta goes, I'll either issue extensions or do an official release and start selling activation codes.

For more information or to download the RMS vbglossarlink.gif please visit us at the Race Coordinator Home Page. The website contains tons of information that is geared towards the analog software, however nearly all of it is relevant to the this new digital release. Be sure to go to the Race Coordinator Digital page on the site to download the digital RMS vbglossarlink.gif.

If you have any questions, comments, bugs to report, or feature requests please feel free to send me an email at contact@racecoordinator.net

Thanks and happy racing,

Dave

Edited by Race Coordinator

• 2 weeks later...

I have the 6 car digital pb with the little screen that attaches via cable. It is about 1 1\2 old. It was just out on the market when I purchased it. Is this supported by this new RMS above? I would like to use the new rms but how do I go about getting it or using it with my pb? Thanks for your help?

Matt

Hi Matt, yes you will be able to use Race Coordinator or any of the other RMS programs but you will need to purchase a USB cable (so your PB can communicate with your PC) from Riko Rocket pm him as he is on this forum and he will hook you up with the cable, once you have that cable you will then also be able to update the firmware on your Powerbase, which will make your PB much better in alot of ways, also just follow the link in the first post to the Race Coordinator home page and there will be a download page that you can download it from.

Check out North Brisbane Slotcar Racing: http://northbrisslots.forumotion.com

So far so good with the beta. I've had a decent number of users at this point and so far all the feedback has been positive. Keep the feedback/questions coming either here or via email (contact@racecoordinator.net). As I've said before, I'll be supporting RCD regarding bugs and troubleshooting as long as I'm able. Depending on RCD's success I'll consider expanding it's already large feature set.

By far the most common comment I've received is regarding no pace car support. I make no promises, but I'm curious how the community wants pace cars to work. For now I don't mean the throttle of the pace car. There's obviously two approaches to throttle (constant throttle and dynamic recorded lap throttle). What I mean is how do the pace cars even appear on the track. For example. If you are setup to allow the maximum 6 cars on the track at once, but the heat only has 3 drivers in it (for whatever reason) you have room for 3 pace cars. But how do I know "which" pace cars you want?

What I'm currently thinking is allowing you to create drivers that are pace cars. This configuration will include a name identifier and the throttle properties. Anytime a heat is run in which a car ID is not used (ie, you have 3 drivers racing on a track that supports 6 cars), the software will fill the empty IDs with pace cars. You can then put the proper pace car on the track and you're good to go. Or don't put the car on the track and no harm done...

This is probably the first new feature RCD will get if/when it is successful. Since I'll be doing it from scratch I'm open to any/all ideas to make pace cars really awesome.

Thanks,

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I'm currently looking into one minor problem in the RMS. It actually has to do with the copy protection but I'd rather hold off the release until it's fixed. Otherwise I've only had positive feedback and feature requests. No real bugs to fix.

So, until I can get the license straightened out I'll be offering trial extensions for anybody that wants one (just email me your extend code and I'll send you back the code you need).

Based on popular request I'll also be putting in support for wireless controllers. The first one I'll be supporting is the Scorpius Wireless controller which will require a Scorpius dongle to use. One dongle will support up to 6 controllers. I'm working on this in parallel to the license fix so it may make it into the first official release, otherwise It'll come in an update shortly after.

I've also designed how I'm going to do ghost/pace car support. Again as long as there's demand for the RMS, this feature will be put in, it's just a matter of time.

-Dave

Hello,

I downloaded the software, I downloaded the extra needed software and I attempted to load and run the program. It kept telling me that the software could not be verified. As if I needed a code to install the program. I am not sure why I am having the issues. Please help if you can.

Matt

I attempted to install the software last evening. I downloaded the file and the additional software that was required. At that time the install wizard opened up and began to install the software. After just a few seconds it popped up a box that stated that my software could not be validated or something similar to that. It may have also stated that my software key could not be validated. In any event, I could not load the software. Any ideas?

Matt

Can you send me a screenshot of what you're seeing? Email to "contact@racecoordinator.net". My best guess is that .NET4 is somehow messed up. But I need to see the error message to know for sure.

If it is .NET4 you need to be running Windows XP SP3 or higher and then install .NET4. My recommendation is to make sure whatever OS you're running, get it fully updated and then install .NET4

-Dave

Edited by Race Coordinator

I just removed all traces of the software from my computer, rebooted, and reloaded the software with the earliest version of the software and it loaded up and is running just fine. At this point how do I update to the latest version and still keep the software running? I really like the software, just want the latest versions running on the computer. Thanks again!

Matt

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I have been on vacation for a week. I now am running the newest version and seem to be having no issues. I was wondering if I could get an extension as I was just now able to get everything set up to the track and running. Thanks again for your help!

Matt

I'm still offering extensions as I work out a problem with the registered version of the software. All you have to do is shoot me an email (contact@racecoordinator.net) with your limit code. To find the code, simply hit the extend button, use the copy to clipboard button, and paste the copy contents into your email.

-Dave

Thanks again Dave! Should I wait until the current version expires or send you the limit code now to do the extension? I really like the software and I am running a ton of moch races to learn how to tweak the set up to get what I want from each type of race set up. Thanks bunches!

Matt

I am in the process of creating a very large Scalextric layout in the US as a club track for kids, friend and relatives. We already have about 10 members. I am going to be running heats, races, time trials, practice and much more. I am excited about the possibilities with using your software. If you have any tips, advice or anything else for us we would gladly take it!

Thanks again!,

Matt

Matt I have a SSD club with lots of members, I find Race Coordinator Digital to be well suited to club racing as it has various ways for races to be run, it does a championship pointscore and the biggest winner for me is being able to export your race results to excel which can be then uploaded to websites with ease, as before RCD I found I spent countless hours manually putting up race results

Check out North Brisbane Slotcar Racing: http://northbrisslots.forumotion.com

• 3 weeks later...

New build is up. Fixed a few bugs and added two new features:

1. Scorpius Wireless controller support. To use a Scorpius controller do the following:
    • Insert Scorpius dongle into free USB port (you only need one dongle for all 6 SSD IDs)
    • Go into your driver configuration and "Scorpius" as your 3rd party controller
    • Hit "Update" to save your driver settings
    • The controller must be set to ID 1 and PIN 1 through 6 (depending on the desired SSD ID).
    • That's it. Start a race and that driver is using the wireless controller

[*]Constant speed ghost cars. To use constant speed ghosts cars in your race do the following:

• Go into your driver configuration and create a new driver. On the ghost car tab select "constant speed" instead of human
  • Set the throttlePCT to something larger than 0
  • Setup the two LC parameters how you see fit. Setting them both to 0 will prevent the ghost from changing lanes.
  • Repeat these steps if you want to be able to use more than 1 ghost car in a heat at the same time
  • Now that the ghosts are created you have to get them into a heat. There are two ways to do this:
    • Simply drag them into the race like any other driver. They'll be part of your race from beginning to end and will be added to heats based on your races rotation type
    • Go into your race setup and under the "Scoring" tab check the "Add ghost cars" box and hit update. When this property is selected for a race, any custom rotation file rotation type or single heat rotation type will automatically fill the tracks empty IDs with ghost cars if they're available. If you've created enough ghosts you'll end up with the maximum drivers on the track at once for every heat in your race.

This build is still considered beta only because I need to finish up the Wizard setup and clean up the readme file. Once those things are done, barring any reported bugs I'll release this officially as version 1.0. Until then, I'm offering no questions asked trial extensions.

Thanks,

Dave