Weekend Projects - Car Resto'S

Cleveland

Here's the next project......My work ute

Wont be getting a lot done this year, as Im moving to Sydney very soon, But once the move is out of the way there will be plenty of time spent on the body & paintwork

IMG_1192-Copy.jpg

Clevo

Resized to 83% (was 1006 x 146) - Click image to enlarge

Nice - where you are moving to is probably the best location for refurbishing the Ute........

Cheers Miveson, I'll probably do most of the work on the ute in Gosford. Have access to a Rod Shop up there.

Great job, looking forward to the XC rebuild, where in Sydney are you moving to?

Gazza, haven't secured a place as yet. Will be living somewhere between Castle Hill & Baulkan Hills.

The XC should be a beauty. I just haven't decided what Cleveland configuration (4.9 or 5.8)and running gear to fit. It will be used as a driver.

Clevo

CLevo

Hey Clevo. Thats pretty close to where I live and a few others on this forum. Maybe we can interest you in an invite to the madness that is SWSRG when you get here?

Nice - where you are moving to is probably the best location for refurbishing the Ute........

Cheers Miveson, I'll probably do most of the work on the ute in Gosford. Have access to a Rod Shop up there.

Great job, looking forward to the XC rebuild, where in Sydney are you moving to?

Gazza, haven't secured a place as yet. Will be living somewhere between Castle Hill & Baulkan Hills.

The XC should be a beauty. I just haven't decided what Cleveland configuration (4.9 or 5.8)and running gear to fit. It will be used as a driver.

Clevo

CLevo

• 2 weeks later...

Completed day one on the XC today. Got quite a bit done.

Starting with the undercarriage, we gave the ute's underbody a gerni to see much work & rust was actually there. Overall it isn't to bad considering. Has a few rust patches ,but nothing hard to fit.

Got ride of the hideous spare wheel carrier and pulled out the fuel tank and started cutting out the rust. Have already welded up some of the repairs required. I use alu tape as a cutting line guide. here's a couple of pictures

087.jpg

098.jpg

Fuel tank section

102.jpg

106.jpg

Hoping to have all the undercarriage and rust repairs completed if a two weeks.

Here's how the Datto looks outside. Next Datto photo will be in a few months when its all back together.

101.jpg

Clevo

• 2 years later...

Hi all

My apologizes, these photo's are well over due.

The Datto as you're about to see has been finished and now on the road. The owner was over the moon with the final product (first six photo's), but was blown away with the comments from the last photo (more on that later).

Three years of part time body and paint is now over for me on this project. I was fairly stoked with how it turned out, considering I haven't done any resto work for over 20 years.

Hope you enjoy the pic's...................................

The first six pic's are on the day of the final assembly. My mate was speechless, would love to hear your thoughts

249%20-%20Copy.jpg

250%20-%20Copy.jpg

248%20-%20Copy.jpg

246%20-%20Copy.jpg

245%20-%20Copy.jpg

247%20-%20Copy.jpg

Anyone want to guess what kind of intake the engine is sporting?

Now to the final photo,

He was invited to the all Japanese day in SA. He wasn't sure what sort of reception it was going to get, but my mate was blown away with the feedback the car got. Not to shabby for a back yard job.

244%20-%20Copy.jpg

Now Im half way though my old work ute.

Clevo

Hi all

My apologizes, these photo's are well over due.

The Datto as you're about to see has been finished and now on the road. The owner was over the moon with the final product (first six photo's), but was blown away with the comments from the last photo (more on that later).

Three years of part time body and paint is now over for me on this project. I was fairly stoked with how it turned out, considering I haven't done any resto work for over 20 years.

Hope you enjoy the pic's...................................

The first six pic's are on the day of the final assembly. My mate was speechless, would love to hear your thoughts

247%20-%20Copy.jpg

Anyone want to guess what kind of intake the engine is sporting?

Now to the final photo,

He was invited to the all Japanese day in SA. He wasn't sure what sort of reception it was going to get, but my mate was blown away with the feedback the car got. Not to shabby for a back yard job.

Now Im half way though my old work ute.

Clevo

That is one great looking classic right there...

Congrats on an awesome rebuild.

ps. Looking forward to more on the ute too...