gazza

• 2 months later...

Thought I would throw this in this section as it is not meant to be "the" official topic on next years proxy.

Firstly, I'm am trying to make contact with the previous marketing manager of Technitoys (SCX) to see if they are interested in sponsoring next years event.

as he is apparently he has a more senior position at the new owner of Scalextric/SCX Spain - Educa Borras SA.

Secondly with or without SCX sponsorship Gazza, Teamreadracer (Craig) and myself are keen to run the event next year with the approval you guys & gal, participants of this years proxy event and repeating the same format of cars. This gives everyone a chance to improve their cars (existing or new) performance in the next event. We have been more than happy with the closeness of the event (except for one Greek Gentleman :lol: :lol: :lol: - 'onya Alexis). The other two spots on the podium are still up for grabs by many.

Some things high on our mind is to run a controlled tyre (urethane) made in one batch from a supplier/sponsor. The idea being once the entry fee has been paid we would post out a set of tyres for each entrant to fit and true.

We are also thinking that if there are the same number entries as this your or more we could have less hosts/tracks but take longer at each venue - maybe over two weeks/weekends. Possibly 50% longer running time than current.

None of this is set in concrete, as I said it's not the official topic, but you may care to comment on the above.

Cheers Mel.

BTW - we will announce the prize pool in the next few days

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Secondly with or without SCX sponsorship Gazza, Teamreadracer (Craig) and myself are keen to run the event next year with the approval you guys & gal, participants of this years proxy event and repeating the same format of cars.

Bravo guys for your guts.

This gives everyone a chance to improve their cars (existing or new) performance in the next event.

No chance for me,the Skoda will enter the hall of fame,a Subaru is earmarked for next year.

We have been more than happy with the closeness of the event (except for one Greek Gentleman :lol: :lol: :lol: - 'onya Alexis).

It was close,i believe my car was just closer to the average than others

The other two spots on the podium are still up for grabs by many.

Some things high on our mind is to run a controlled tyre (urethane) made in one batch from a supplier/sponsor. The idea being once the entry fee has been paid we would post out a set of tyres for each entrant to fit and true.

I agree

We are also thinking that if there are the same number entries as this your or more we could have less hosts/tracks but take longer at each venue - maybe over two weeks/weekends. Possibly 50% longer running time than current.

Even with more cars 13 rounds is easily achieved provided that there are no long delays between events

None of this is set in concrete, as I said it's not the official topic, but you may care to comment on the above.

Cheers Mel.

BTW - we will announce the prize pool in the next few days

gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg

Secondly with or without SCX sponsorship Gazza, Teamreadracer (Craig) and myself are keen to run the event next year with the approval you guys & gal, participants of this years proxy event and repeating the same format of cars.

Bravo guys for your guts.

On second thoughts.... I'm not game :D

Happy enough to front up for same again next year. Might have to find another car. I think the Lancer will have to do some time on display in Coonawarra.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

IWell done to Mel, Gazza and all the gang. I'm deffo up for the same format for next year - it'll give me a chance to fettle this car and see if it runs better (once I work out how to make the arse a bit narower!). Or I could just hit it with the hammer I was offered back in the day of scrotumneering.

I'd love to be considered for running another round last year, especially after learning a lot from the other events on what should and shouldnt be incorporated in a round. We just had an absolute hoot and more of the guys want to get involved next time.

Can't wait to see the prize pool which will obviously finish one place above where my little pug ends up. I know how old Rincewind feels, most of the time.

It's been great fun taking part in this, my first proxy event of any sort. I only jumped in on the strength of the vids of the Norwegian round in 2011's event. I've learnt a lot - whether I take any notice or not, well that's one of my less obnoxious habits.

wosautos12.gif

I was advised by Allan Wakefield (Swissracer) to only run the Mini Mille Miglia for three years and then change the format. He was absolutley right. It gives a chance to develop the cars yet not for the rule bickering to start. It also keeps the event live.

I'm certainly up for keeping the same format for next year, and the year after. The differneces in the cars were down to variations in the motors, trueness of the wheels and tyres, but also how the car was set up and tuned. It was these variations that made the event exciting and gave those who were less successful to improve their performance next time. I'd even say leep the same tyre regs. I slicked mine but others didn't. It gives a bit of tuning opportunity. With a control tyre we can't do that. Do we need a leveller playing field?

Edited by Graham Lane

I think more about slot cars now than I did about sex when I was sixteen.

logoforsignatureonSFI.png incorporating the Italian round of logoforWRP_zpsc822e290.jpg

...this is the BIG one!

3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th October 2013

Castello delle Forme, Umbria, Italy

Happy with whatever rules that are agreed on. I don't think 13 rounds is unreasonable, we started in April and will be finished by end oct this year so doing a few more is possible. Be good to get a Scandinavian event again and a Spanish one or others from other countries. Could easily condense or drop some uk rounds and I would not be offended if I need to drop mine.

Tyres, alexis got one up on all of us this year, but the majority are pretty lose. I already have amy tyres planned and reay if we stick tote same rules or happy if you go for a stock tyre.

Matt

Being as Spain is so strong on rallying and the smain sponsor is Spanish it seems strange that there is no Spanish round. It's a 'must have' in my opinion. Let's have a few Spanish entries too.

logoforsignatureonSFI.png incorporating the Italian round of logoforWRP_zpsc822e290.jpg

...this is the BIG one!

They just weren't around at the time we were drumming up entrants on the other forum Graham.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

If you know of anyone, or club, in Spain drop them a line, might encourage a bit more SCX involvement

I joined a Spanish forum a while back, but usual things ..... buggered if i can remember the password, and the bloody things only in Spain speak

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

I'll join the Spanish forum and try a little of my 'persuasion'. Italian is so close to Spanish I find I can understand written text but I would use Goodle Translate anyway.

...this is the BIG one!

Here's a link to the post i put on Slot Adictos ...... http://slotadictos.mforos.com/24787/10622119-proxy-racing/ ....... if that will help

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

I for one would like to see a control tyre, perhaps MJK, as I can see a vast difference in car performance which can be put down to tyre choice. Rims can be tried but grip can not be without treatment

West Australian Slot Car Racing Group

web: www.waslotcarracinggroup.com

email: syd.miller@outlook.com scott.kendal@bigpond.com

mob: Syd 0413 020 421 or Chris 0435086304

But it's that tyre choice and how you true them that requires the skill. You may as well say 'put 5 grammes in the centre of each side pod' or 'braids must be exactly 10mm long'. I chose to take out the lights to save weight, but Alexis chose to keep them in.

...this is the BIG one!

Tyres have been more than trued slick or not though. They have been as much luck of draw on age as motors have been Graham.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

The tyres on the back of my car are at least 3 years old. I took them off the front of my SCX Sierra which I brought off ebay over 2 years ago so they could be even older than that. I know there are a couple of cars that have had tyre problems throughout the whole event and I do feel sorry for them but I personally like the SCX tyres and would like to keep them, even though I think I would be out voted. Got a few other things I want to mention for next year but I will have to add them later when I have the time.

Some slot (and MTB) vids NOW SHOWING

Why on earth would we mind you poking around Jaak! It would be great to have a French entry. I know you're Dutch but I won't tell anybody. ;)

...this is the BIG one!

Here's a suggestion for 2013 that came to me today.

Instead of having a league for the make of car how about having a league for the nationality/residence of the car owner?

So, with say, 8 entries from Australia their results would be averaged. With two entries from Spain they would be averaged. With one entry from Greece his results stay as they are.

...this is the BIG one!

There you are see Jaak, a welcome from the Gazza no less. What else do you need?

...this is the BIG one!

Count me in for next year too please.

I'm more than happy with having the same format but will be using a new car (already in testing stages!)

With regard to the tyres I think using the standard scx tyres is fine, this year my car was quite consistant with standard tyres so I think any gains from my point of view will come from the car set up. This years car had no real track testing but having followed this proxy I think I know more how to set up the car so hopefully next years version should be better! (along with everyone elses!)

Slot car scrap yard

Does your car have a donor card?

I'd welcome a control tyre only because so many people seem to have had a problem with the age of the tyres. I'd want to true and fit it my self though.

...this is the BIG one!