scx rally wrp Its the Monte & Rico show

179 replies to this topic

#161 Splitrim

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:29 AM

YeeeHay!! up another place in the over all, just 34 more stages to go with this progress to make the podium!!

Well done Dave (Slotcarmann), good result sees you moving up again, great to add to a good SlotrallyGB weekend.

Simon
Whats not to like...........

#162 Scuderia_Turini

Team Principal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:57 AM

Hello guys, thanks to the crew for running the cars. Sorry about mine not triggering the Chrono :- (

Kind regards, Leo
Posted Image Like Scuderia Turini on Facebook Please Vote Up my postings - green arrow at top right :- )

#163 Ben_M

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:16 PM

Cool, was not expecting that.

Thanks guys for your big effort over the last couple of weeks.

Bring on the UK.
Some slot (and MTB) vids NOW SHOWING

#164 Graham Lane

La Porta Verde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:38 PM

Hey, I'm second place of the ROE, first place in Team Umbria, driving the winning manufacturer, and won one stage. It ain't so bad!
Click here to see my track

I think more about slot cars now than I did about sex when I was sixteen.

Posted Image incorporating the Italian round of Posted Image
...this is the BIG one!
3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th October 2013
Castello delle Forme, Umbria, Italy

#165 reek455

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:42 PM

View PostEmber, on 08 June 2012 - 04:56 PM, said:

Thanks for the hard work Reek, Monte and the mystery man with the back-up stop watch. Huge effort.

Blinding runs by Team Umbria's Brama and Alexis on Stage 3 and another good run by Mexico. Congratulations on the stage points.

Congratulations Reek and Alexis for the round podium. Alexis, it's a crying shame your car isn't getting more traction. That car is mighty quick.

The mystery man is Greg Petrolati aka greenman62 on other forums. He moved out here from the Midwest several years ago and is a huge slot car nut, much like the rest of us. He builds some beautiful slot cars and has been know to nerf fellow racers from two lanes away.

Brama's car just flat hooked up and flew on the rally track last night. Several of the cars were below the existing lap record for the temporary track which be left up for our upcoming NasteCarlo Rally. You are correct Ember, Alexis' car does show alot of speed but lacks the grip of some others.

I must apolgize for the lack of pics but with only the three of us we were pretty busy just running the race. I will try to take some pics of the podium cars tomorrow before the cars are shipped off the the UK.

Rico

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
Oscar Wilde

#166 Ontheflipside

IQ test result - Negative :)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,546 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:34 AM

View Postmiveson, on 08 June 2012 - 09:54 PM, said:

Gazza - where exactly are the cars going - it's not Wolves is it?
They are being posted off to Snurfen in Porthcawl, Wales then the UK guys (and the Isle of Man - man) will organise amoungst themselves the best and most suitable local order.

View PostGraham Lane, on 08 June 2012 - 10:34 PM, said:

When do we get to see the prizes by the way?

Other than 1st, 2nd & 3rd plus the retro-repaint prize (being voted for by each track host - and after 4 rounds there is no clear leader) we are not sure how many prizes we can allocate. SCX have donated a number of cars, we also may have more from a distributor or us organisers and until we get a fix on postage costs around the world we do not know the total prize pool. By the way Tore donated his entry fee to the pool when he couldn't enter a car in time.

View Postkidvoltage, on 09 June 2012 - 12:28 AM, said:

And I do still have an extra bag of REAL DIRTTM if anyone would like a souvenir. Unless of course you're Aussie.
As far as "dirt" goes they would only seem to worry if the cars were driving through dirt on farms or where wildlife exists.

Well done with the round Kidvoltage, Reek and valuable helpers. I was mid air somewhere when the last stage was being run and broadcast :angry: but seems like it went well. Looks like my Seat (after winning Round 1) doesn't like the northern hemisphere, unless Teamredracer (Craig) did a modification to it during the second round on his track. I may have to launch an enquiry :P

Congratulations to the last stage winners
Brama, Alexis in Greece & Mexico2000. Great to see a new name on the podium (what we have been hoping for)
. . . and the over all round winners:
Reek455, Alexis and Embs. Well done guys (and Gal)

Bring on round 5
I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

Posted Image

#167 Graham Lane

La Porta Verde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:01 AM

View PostOntheflipside, on 10 June 2012 - 12:34 AM, said:

Other than 1st, 2nd & 3rd plus the retro-repaint prize (being voted for by each track host - and after 4 rounds there is no clear leader) we are not sure how many prizes we can allocate. SCX have donated a number of cars, we also may have more from a distributor or us organisers and until we get a fix on postage costs around the world we do not know the total prize pool. By the way Tore donated his entry fee to the pool when he couldn't enter a car in time.

Fair do, but it would be nice to see what's up for grabs so far.

...this is the BIG one!

#168 Ember

Possible diorama queen

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,238 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:21 AM

Bragging rights are pretty certain.
Computers. They'll never catch on.

Posted Image

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

#169 reek455

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:52 PM

I did manage to take a few pics of the winners before I shipped the the cars off the the UK, they should be there in about a week.

Stage 3 winners:

Posted Image

Posted Image

and the over all leaders after 4 rounds:

Posted Image

Posted Image

We had slots o' fun running the cars for the past week or so and look forward to the upcoming rounds. It was interesting to see the differences in the cars, some cars had good grip and others had lots of speed, but the ones that performed best were the ones that managed to combine the two.

Regards
Rico and Monte

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
Oscar Wilde

#170 gazza

2003 World hide and seek champion

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,158 posts
  • Location:Sitting in front of the computer, how else could i be typing this

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:07 PM

Great job and thanks to Rico and Monte, onto round 5
Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

Posted Image

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

#171 Graham Lane

La Porta Verde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:22 PM

View PostEmber, on 10 June 2012 - 08:21 AM, said:

Bragging rights are pretty certain.

By the end everyone should have some bragging rights. Mine are quickly disappearing! :unsure:

...this is the BIG one!

#172 teamredracing

2013 winner of my Rally

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:58 AM

Have confidence Graham have confidence . Its a long way to go yet.
Cheers Craig
Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

#173 slotcarmann

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:41 PM

Hi guys

Thanks to all involved in the Oregon Trail Rally for running the US Round so well. Enjoyed the live video link, which could also be watched the following day - it's amazing how close some of the battles were.

I spotted Greg early on, whom I know from the Mini Mille Miglia in Umbria: I had the pleasure of driving some of Greg's superb proxy cars in the two years he did not attend that event himself.

I was personally very pleased with my 6th spot in the US which lifted me to 7th overall - and not bad packing in the order by Team Mitsubishi, either, in the US Round! But, it looks quite a long way up to join the top 5 in the points rankings for the rest of the field! Still, as we all know, anything can happen, as this is proxy rallying.... B)

I'll be running the rounds in the Isle of Man with my colleagues from the Manx Slot Car Club, when the cars eventually reach our little island, which we are looking forward to immensely. Two stages are now semi-permanently set up at the club and photos will follow in due course of what you can expect. :D

Cheers
Dave

#174 slotcarscrapyard

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:40 AM

Looking forward to the UK rounds, hopefully the car will perform better on home turf (but I'm not holding my breath!)

Thanks to everyone so far, I'm enjoying keeping track (sorry about the pun) of the progress of all the cars!

Slot car scrap yard

Does your car have a donor card?

#175 lenny broke

7th runner up 1978 South Australian Womp Championship

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:38 AM

Well done to the successful entrants and thank you to the guys involved in running the round. having been both a host and series director of our local rally proxy series I know well the amount of effort it takes to conduct a round.
On the subject of realistic effects added to track surfaces. While its easy to take the piss after a concern has been raised about something that has potential to compromise the whole series, I think it better to raise that concern however trivial that may seem and get it clarified than have to read that the series has descended into farce because the cars have been held up somewhere.
Once again thanks for running the round and I'm glad it was a success
regards
Alan

#176 teamredracing

2013 winner of my Rally

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:18 PM

:huh:
Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

#177 gazza

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,158 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:31 PM

http://www.auslot.co...post__p__176557

Gary

Posted Image

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

#178 teamredracing

2013 winner of my Rally

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:10 AM

;)
Craig

#179 reek455

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:14 AM

According to USPS tracking the cars have cleared UK Customs. I won't get any more updates but the cars should be arriving any day now.

Rico

Oscar Wilde

#180 gazza

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,158 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:20 AM

Thanks Rico

Just waiting on a reply from Martyn

Gary