Round 4 Oregon Trail Rally

reek455

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had just sent you

This just in from kidvoltage:

In the mail.........a large box of cars. We will update with details soon.

Regards

Rico

Had just sent you an email before I spotted this - great! I suppose you will get the local paper to take a pic of you with your series leader car :P

Edited by Ontheflipside

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

This just in from kidvoltage:

In the mail.........a large box of cars. We will update with details soon.

Regards

Rico

Had just sent you an email before I spotted this - great! I suppose you will get the local paper to take a pic of you with your series leader car :P

You sent me an e-mail or Monte an e-mail? Cuz I got nuttin', I was too busy braggin' to the local TV news about how my car is leading this international proxy race. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can we expect MonTV to cover the event?

MonTV may or may not have the broadcast rights, the courts will decide if it's us or Speed channel. :huh: We may just do an edited video due to the sheer number of cars this year.

Regards

Rico

Edited by reek455

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

Oscar Wilde

Yup, I'll take 14 secs over 41 secs any day. At least, in racing.

Reek, you should be able to make some money on selling advertising rights during the broadcast. I hear there is a little known forum going under the name of Slotforum that might be interested in a bit of a push.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Hey Rico dont be blowin the trumpet yet brother . My mate Valentino's at the wheel and he's going to be biting at your heels :D . So once the media find out theres a celebrity in the field ,they may not want to know you :lol:. Ember is that a bit of cattiness coming out in you.I'm surprised :o:D

Edited by teamredracing

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

I thought it was absolutely hilarious, keep it up!

I got news for ya Craig, I'm not exactly media friendly and as for blowin' my horn, I flunked the recorder in the 4th grade so I stuck to racing 1/4 midgets which I was much better at.

Rico

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

Oscar Wilde

Thats good to hear Rico . Hey thats not fair racing against the little people :o . Hopefully you haven't hoo dooed you car. Anyway back to watching the AllStar race.

Edited by teamredracing

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Or little people hurt :o:D . Enough of this frivolity ,on with the rallying. And to you Ember ,yes vous.

Edited by teamredracing

Craig

As you know the cars have arrived and we hope to get two stages run this coming weekend if everything goes to plan. The first stage is scheduled to be run Saturday on the new Too Bad Motorplex 3 lane routed track and stage 2 hopefully will be run Monday at my track, Autumn Hills which is a tight and twisty 2 lane Scalextric Sport track that is painted and cooper taped. Stage 3 to follow on the ever dangerous SCX chrono rally track put together by kidvoltage. MonTV trucks have been seen in the area with the hopes of webcasting some or all of the stages.

Regards

Rico

Oscar Wilde

Wow, that sounds like a plan! We look forward to seeing the photos, even more than the results. No, no, I take that back. :o

I think more about slot cars now than I did about sex when I was sixteen.

logoforsignatureonSFI.png incorporating the Italian round of logoforWRP_zpsc822e290.jpg

...this is the BIG one!

3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th October 2013

Castello delle Forme, Umbria, Italy

Thanks Rico,

Looks like we could see some new names head up the three stages with such a variety of tracks.

Looking forward to see this one unfold.

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

From the Round 3 post

Series points updated with a few movers and shakers this round with GaryW, Kidvoltate and Scalextric V8 all registering points and rocketing up the leader board. It only takes a top 15 finish to change things. The top 3 cars of the series are opening up a little bit of a gap on the rest of the field.

2012_SCXP_R3.jpg

The Aussies are well out in front after dropping a single point in R2 to destroy the perfect record but they responded oh so well in Round 3.

2012_SCXP_R3_Rank.jpg

The French cars continue to dominate the top two positions in the manufacturers category.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Hello All,

It's time to get down to business and get Round 4 rolling. I unpacked all the cars this evening and gave them a quick check over for obvious issues. I did not run the cars but since no meltdowns were reported last round I will assume there are no major issues to deal with. Here is the list of what I found:

SCXCarCheckIn.jpg

Legend: CB= Clean and fluff braids BL= Blow out lint

Basically all was in order except a few loose wings and several cars had braids that were twisted- all better now.

Stage 1 will be at Bill Bostic's brand new 3 lane routed track, Too Bad Motorplex. We will be running the center lane for 10 or 15 laps. We'll have to see what lap times the cars are capable of and do some math so we can be sure our three rounds total the magic 8 minute mark. We will be running the cars Saturday evening and if we can get MonTV set up we will broadcast, if not we will shoot some video to post. Here is a pic of Bill's track:

Billstrack.jpg

Stage 2 will be Monday afternoon around 2:00 Pacific time at Autumn Hills. MonTV will be broadcasting and we will publish the link when the time comes. Some of you have seen my track before, if not here is a video shot earlier this month for a local club race, it should give you a good feel for the track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzYtJPId2uE

Stage 3 will be run at kidvoltage's on a specially prepared SCX Classic rally track with chrono in the near future.

Regards

Rico

Edited by reek455

Oscar Wilde

Thank's Rico look forward to the next round, looks like being another edge of the seat weekend

We're running a round of our local rally derby tomorrow night at Mel's, might see if we can hook up a link if you get MonTV working

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017